• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just a quick question about oxy op tolerance

Sampson94

Greenlighter
Got a couple oxy 40mg OPs a few weeks ago, cut a one in half for the first two days , then took the full 40mg the third day. Felt pretty great but assumed there was a tiny bit of tolerance there. Haven't done it in about a week , so just curious if I take the 40mg will I get a greater effect from it now or it will be the same. My bad if this is already a post somewhere, could not find it.

It's not problem dude, but questions like this can be difficult to answer. In addition to the physiological tolerance that drugs produce, there is also an innate, psychological tolerance that cannot be "forgotten". Think about going to Niagara Falls and how impressive it is to see all that water rushing over the cliff. Now, imagine working at the falls and everyday looking at them. Eventually, they're not going to seem nearly as wonderful as they did the first time, even though the falls themselves have not changed at all.

I hope you understand what I'm saying. The first experiences are always going to seem more powerful and intense, because in addition to the physiological effects of the drug, it's a completely new and exciting thing. If we're speaking strictly of your physical tolerance, it should be back to around baseline following just a few days of abstinence. It's likely that the effects will be subjectively weaker, but your physical tolerance should be gone within a week.

I hope this helps and don't worry about posting in the wrong forums. Just try to acquaint yourself with the site and how it works and we'll be here to direct you on your way! We all started from the first post and we understand that the forums can be a little confusing.

Welcome to Bluelight my friend. We look forward to having your input and knowledge around to contribute to our little thing!

Completely understand, thanks for the reply and welcoming to the community. Look forward to being on here.