• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Jumping off suboxone from 12mg daily?

Firstly I apologize if this may seem a bit long-winded. I have to talk to someone about this, even if it's just on the internet.

I've been on suboxone now for about 4 years (I'm ashamed to say) after having a codeine/dihydrocodeine habit. It has pretty much put my life completely on hold and I seem incapable of doing anything productive while on it. Four times now I have started a semester of university but then postponed due to studying being out of the question, and today I just postponed again after not being able to keep up with the work (memory like an old man, *constant* lethargy and sleepiness, etc). I can't even describe how much of a failure I feel like right now.

I was so upset at screwing another semester that I can honestly say today was the first time in my life I genuinelly wanted to kill myself, I was/am just so ridiculously fed up and would like to just... sleep forever and not wake. The thought of continuing like this seems far too great a task. I haven't even had a social life or a friend in many years, as I just walk around in this convenient somewhat comfortable coccoon created by the Suboxone. Life seems to just pass by and time goes ridiculously quickly, like it just falls from your grasp.

Anyway I've gotten to the point where it's all or nothing. I desperately have to get off this shit, life really isn't worth living in such a state. Problem is that my doctor who presribes it refuses to decrease the dose because he knows of my depression; but he's too stupid to realize that what is making me miserable is the Suboxone itself! In fact he often tries to make me INCREASE the dose!

So what I am planning on just stopping taking the 12mg/day dose altogether, cold turkey. Here are my questions:

- Has anyone ever heard of this being done before (withdrawing from such a high dose)? I did a search but the highest I saw was 8mg.

- Is it dangerous to withdraw from this dose?

- Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to successfully accomplish this?

Thankyou.

I am new to this forum, so you will have to excuse me if I am not really following procedure very well. Also being on 12 mg, I can relate to that, but not much else. I do not go through the drowsiness or depression, and my doc is very understanding and really allows me to be proactive about how I want to run my recovery. I am in my 3rd term of school because of the suboxone, but am going to start my taper, because I feel I am ready. Going off of this medication cold turkey, especially the dose you are on, is definitely a terrible idea. There was a point where I went off of 8 mg cold turkey for a month and I could not get off the couch....literally. It was a dreadful experience. The withdrawal was actually worse than the opiate withdrawal. I ended up going to see a new sub doc and getting back on it. This time I will be doing a slow taper. It sounds like you are on way too high of a dose if you are experiencing those types of symptoms. If possible, maybe you can find a new doctor that is more willing to work with you and listen better to what you are experiencing. It is miserable to be tired and depressed all the time. My recommendation from experience though would be to absolutely NOT go off cold turkey. It will be a lot like hell. I hope this helps.

I just recently quit 12mg of Suboxone. Prescribed for just over a year for a nasty heroin addiction. I'm on day 10. The first week was awful. I still managed to go to work, but I sure didn't feel like it. It almost merited finding my old hook. Today, I still have nausea, sneezing and restless legs. Still don't have much energy and I don't get much sleep. I quit Suboxone because I couldn't afford it anymore. Jumping off 12 mg for 4 years? I wouldn't jump of 12 mg after a year ever again... Taper down if at all possible.

almost merited finding my old hook.

Give yourself a huge slap on da back Mbro...not too many could pull that off unless they were locked up
A year is long enough, then it gets even tougher as you could imagine.

Aminoacid posted a suicide note in 2012 and never posted again. Is he Ok

Did this guy commuted suicide ?
Hello guys.
I think the guy Aminoacid killed himself.
I was following his blog and the last one was from 2012 you can check it out ( rate my note ) and it was a suicide note.
Never an other chat or blog from him since then.
He had a low self esteem and struggling with drugs and depression although his dad is a Dr and seem to have a huge family support. He sounded trapped in lying to his family about going to college so he could get money for drugs.
I was happy to read one of threads that he was coming clean to his family and he got their support and understanding but it was st the same time that he was two weeks clean from seboxon ( he jumped at 12 mg ) but seemed to be able to handle it.
Then few weeks after that the lady I read from him was a suicide note .
I do not know this guy but I was feeling his pain and struggle with depression that he was self medicating with CDS.
If anyone have any update let us know.
I just hope he made it through the withdrawel and that he is living a happy life and that the fact that his last blog was a suicide note is nothing more than a coincidence??

I did this I DO NOT RECOMMEND. It was way worse than ^^^ wit hdrawlas. Start tapering,start tapering,strt tapering. It landed me in the hospital and bottomed my blood pressure to 30 over 18. Please work out a tapering system with your doctor. I hope you get a plan and work your at down