• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jon Jones, UFC's pound-for-pound champ: 'I was a drug addict'

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
ALBUQUERQUE – Jon Jones has feelings of guilt, emotions that bite sharper with a clear head and no mind-swaying substance to blunt them. The toughest and most credentialed fighter in the most unforgiving sports organization of all, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, knows he inflicted damage on friends and loved ones that had nothing to do with elbows and kicks.

His regrets involving his fiancée, Jessie Moses, who “put up with my (expletive),” he says, for seven years and now says she is glad to have the man she fell for in high school back again.

Then there were the young fighters who would make the pilgrimage to Albuquerque for training, gravitate toward charismatic Jones and then fall into his partying ways and see their careers stall. Jones admits he is guilty of encouraging such loose habits and says he is ashamed of it.

Because, you see, Jones has not just been a mixed martial arts phenomenon these last few years.

He also has been a pothead, a stoner, a weed fiend, a burner or any other word you can think of to describe someone with a dedicated interest in the consumption of marijuana.

cont at
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...a-drug-addiction-ovince-saint-preux/83185088/

I was a drug addict.

For the past 6+ years, I have relied on a chemical stimulant to be able to face the day.
i have also "inflicted damage on friends and loved ones".
I am a researcher and lecturer in a university, and it got so bad that I simply couldn't stop, and found myself giving lectures amped up, talking a mile a minute, occasionally spitting flecks as I lost myself in the stream of thought and depth of feeling I obtained, which was highlighed by the drug.
I don't think my students realized the cause of my fairly obvious intoxication.
I thought I was brilliant, thinking on my feet like that, heart racing, sweating.
The only good thing I can say about it is that , while my intake has increased greatly for many brief (1-2 week) periods, overall, I have kept my dose constant, and I am now on 1 hit a day, which was my initial dose 6 years ago.

I have published a half dozen papers in social science journals during those 6 years. Not so many, but decent journals, and they have all gotten good responses from my community of social scientists.

Without my fix (or more when writing), I guarantee you I could not have been even this productive.
Without it, I couldn't really function, and the withdrawals were too painful for me to make it past a day or two.

I am talking about coffee.
I didn't start drinking it until my 30s but once I started, I simply can't stop.

Please excuse my bad behavior during these 6 years - if you can rationalize it, blame my addiction, my disease.
My coffee.

He smoked pot. Big deal. Its not like it was performance enhancing. Not to mention what he does outside of the ring is his business. Chances are he just got caught and they forced him to do "a public service announcement" in order to keep his fighting contracts.

I was a drug addict.

For the past 6+ years, I have relied on a chemical stimulant to be able to face the day.
i have also "inflicted damage on friends and loved ones".
I am a researcher and lecturer in a university, and it got so bad that I simply couldn't stop, and found myself giving lectures amped up, talking a mile a minute, occasionally spitting flecks as I lost myself in the stream of thought and depth of feeling I obtained, which was highlighed by the drug.
I don't think my students realized the cause of my fairly obvious intoxication.
I thought I was brilliant, thinking on my feet like that, heart racing, sweating.
The only good thing I can say about it is that , while my intake has increased greatly for many brief (1-2 week) periods, overall, I have kept my dose constant, and I am now on 1 hit a day, which was my initial dose 6 years ago.

I have published a half dozen papers in social science journals during those 6 years. Not so many, but decent journals, and they have all gotten good responses from my community of social scientists.

Without my fix (or more when writing), I guarantee you I could not have been even this productive.
Without it, I couldn't really function, and the withdrawals were too painful for me to make it past a day or two.

I am talking about coffee.
I didn't start drinking it until my 30s but once I started, I simply can't stop.

Please excuse my bad behavior during these 6 years - if you can rationalize it, blame my addiction, my disease.
My coffee.

Brilliant.

Jon Jones, UFC's pound-for-pound champ: 'I'm a huge pussy'
*Title fixed* =D
A weed fiend or burner ha Fuck youuuuu