European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Joining british army

Scotties

Greenlighter
Hi, I am an ex heroine addict for 1 year and was prescribed on methadone treatment for 1 more year and finally has came off of it clean 3 months ago and want to join an army. I'm not sure if the uk army takes the individual who had been prescribed to a methadone treatment.
Any answer would be appreciated. Would be great to know if someone you know has gone through.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i know in the Canadian army it's very easy to get prescribed painkillers just going by what guys in the military have told me. Dunno about MMT though.

But why would you want to join the British army anyway? What good could it possibly do? When i was younger as in 18ish i thought of joining the Canadian army just because i liked a good fight. Then i realized i had absolutely no loyalty to Canada at all as it treated my province like shit since we where dumb enough to join.

I'm sure you've researched this at least a little bit. They say that past drug use doesn't normally affect admission but it could be a different story as it'll be on your medical records about the methadone. I know that recruitment has been low recently, too, as they're trying to increase the size of the reserves.

As someone with no experience of life the armed forces, I still strongly suggest you don't join. Basically any friends I've had that joined the armed forces have become pricks, or I just realised I was one, I dunno. My cousin served in the Royal Marines and now is a 'private security' officer. I haven't seen him since I was 14 though. He was in Afghanistan with his mercenary company when my uncle died last year but was under contract and couldn't get back for the funeral. He's making a lot of money but is never in the country. He'd better have paid his taxes 8)

As I say, I haven't met him since I was 14, but he's probably an arsehole :p;)

Welcome to BL :)<3

I'm sure you've researched this at least a little bit. They say that past drug use doesn't normally affect admission but it could be a different story as it'll be on your medical records about the methadone. I know that recruitment has been low recently, too, as they're trying to increase the size of the reserves.

As someone with no experience of life the armed forces, I still strongly suggest you don't join. Basically any friends I've had that joined the armed forces have become pricks, or I just realised I was one, I dunno. My cousin served in the Royal Marines and now is a 'private security' officer. I haven't seen him since I was 14 though. He was in Afghanistan with his mercenary company when my uncle died last year but was under contract and couldn't get back for the funeral. He's making a lot of money but is never in the country. He'd better have paid his taxes 8)

As I say, I haven't met him since I was 14, but he's probably an arsehole :p;)

Welcome to BL :)<3

Damn right. Why you wanna risk your life for the royal family?

What a lovely voice Ewan had. I've never really listened to him but been raised on his songs sung by others

Are they even allowed to look into your confidential med records? I just assumed it was based on a current physical/psychological evaluation. I might be wrong … but don't forget that people take methadone for more reasons than opioid addiction. One being a low cost chronic pain management. How would they know why you were on methadone? Are you sure you want to join anyways? People who have been fighting these senseless wars in the last decade or so …are very scarred after they find out how all the damage they inflicted was all for not … and bs political games … it's not my buisness, I know. Just please don't take that choice lightly.
They don't have to know why you were prescribe methadone. It was a legit prescription right?

Last edited:
[video=vimeo;131462825]https://vimeo.com/131462825[/video]

If you were in desperate need of opioids, would you pick the army, in the false hope that you got designated that role, or just go and score? I can't imagine what sort of punishment you'd get for trying to steal the fucking poppies! Perhaps some lucky troops have spent the last few years just maintaining a nice nod. I like to think so.

a lot of soldiers seem to come back from wars having developed heroin habits over there...

Our better Wee Man from Strabane :). My absolute favourite version of the song <3

He could almost pass for Dennis Taylor with those glasses.

it was produced as part of this campaign to raise the recruitment age of the military to 18 in the UK, http://battlefieldcasualties.co.uk/

narrated by matt berry.

Interesting, when I was a kid I'd always wanted to join the army (up until the age of about 14) I was obsessed with old war films and I saw one about some ww2 commando's in the desert, I can't remember the name though there was a scene where one of the protagonists was crawling through barbed wire, about to pull off some bosch blasting SAS manouver I figured when he got seen and unceremoniously gunned down by a guard, left there dangling on the wire and it suddenly hit home to me that it wasn't very glorious at all and actually war is pretty horrible and indiscriminate.

Yeah, I wanted to join the RAF for a brief time. Military history is one of my biggest interests and I've always loved war films, books, games etc. However, I soon realised that it isn't a game. I also became much more politically aware as I grew up and didn't want to be such a direct instrument in the subjugation of developing countries.

I'm still a participant in the subjugation of developing countries, but don't have a rifle on my shoulder.