Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Jim Henson

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter
I just love his work so much. He also had the same birthday as me 🥳

Jim Henson (September 24, 1936 – May 16, 1990) was the most widely known American puppeteer in modern American television history.

He was the creator of The Muppets and the leading force behind their long run in the popular television series Sesame Street and The Muppet Show. He was also an Oscar-nominated film director, Emmy Award-winning television producer, and the founder of The Jim Henson Company, the Jim Henson Foundation, and Jim Henson's Creature Shop.

Henson's success as an artist and entrepreneur was the consummation of an extraordinary work ethic and extraordinary capacity to dream. His engaging cast of characters, innovative ideas, and sense of timing and humor gave him an edge in the entertainment world.

Known as "the gentle genius" he was widely acknowledged by those close to him as a warmhearted, caring individual who steadfastly pursued his vision of faith, magic and love

🐸Post your favourite Jim Henson stuff🐸

I always liked these two. I have two friends that are brothers that will do the same thing about agreeing with each other until they pretty much convince each other to do a 180 on the original agreement

I always liked these two. I have two friends that are brothers that will do the same thing about agreeing with each other until they pretty much convince each other to do a 180 on the original agreement

They were my dad's favourite. The Muppet Show was pretty much the only American show in history he's ever liked 😅

So, Animal was on meth, right?

Probably.. And booze & barbiturates.

I've heard he was based on the drummer from The Who. This guy was out-there. Brilliant drummer though.

Keith John Moon (23 August 1946 – 7 September 1978) was an English drummer for the rock band the Who. He was noted for his unique style of playing and his eccentric, often self-destructive behaviour and addiction to drugs and alcohol.

In addition to his talent as a drummer, Moon developed a reputation for smashing his kit on stage and destroying hotel rooms on tour. He was fascinated with blowing up toilets with cherry bombs or dynamite, and destroying television sets.

Moon led a destructive lifestyle. During the Who's early days he began taking amphetamines.. the combination of pills and alcohol escalated into alcoholism and drug addiction later in his life.

Moon's favourite stunt was to flush powerful explosives down toilets. According to Fletcher, Moon's toilet pyrotechnics began in 1965 when he purchased a case of 500 cherry bombs. He moved from cherry bombs to M-80 fireworks to sticks of dynamite, which became his explosive of choice.

Moon's death came shortly after the release of Who Are You. Police determined that there were 32 clomethiazole pills in Moon's system. Six were digested, sufficient to cause his death; the other 26 were undigested when he died.