• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

JFK on meth?!

NastyNOvice546

Greenlighter
Hey all,

Was watching drunk history ( I know it sucks, it was just on lol ) but there was a segment on jfk during a drug use episode. Well apparently there was a German doctor that was nicknamed “dr.feelgood” and he was giving him a mystery concoction for his Addison’s disease. And it was meth?

It’s a show that’s on the history channel, and Comedy Central.. so obviously I’m not biting just yet, but can anyone actually confirm the legitimacy of this?

Yep, John F. Kennedy did receive injections containing methamphetamine:
In the early 1960s, amphetamines were still widely accepted as innocuous medications. Apart from vast numbers of middle-aged, middle-class patients receiving low-dose prescriptions from family doctors to help them cope with their daily “duties,” in much the same way that their doctors prescribed minor tranquilizers, a significant quasi-medical gray market in amphetamines had developed. For instance, for his painful war injuries and also to help maintain his image of youthful vigor, President John F. Kennedy received regular injections containing around 15 mg of methamphetamine, together with vitamins and hormones, from a German-trained physician named Max Jacobson. Known as a doctor to the stars and nicknamed “Dr Feelgood,” Jacobson also treated Cecil B. De-Mille, Alan Jay Lerner, Truman Capote, Tennessee Williams, the Rolling Stones, and ironically, Congressman Claude Pepper of Florida, a noted antidrug campaigner. Jacobson’s concoctions were peculiar, but he was far from unique in his readiness to prescribe or dispense amphetamines for the price of a consultation.

If you have Addison's disease you indeed do need to supplement the adrenal system. It doesn't surprise me and seems purely medicinal from my point of view.