• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Jaw feels out of place after MDMA

Battling

Greenlighter
This weekend I had half a cap of MDMA for the first time. Prior to that I had only had ecstasy.

Twice during the night I felt my jaw lock about halfway so that I could not really open it fully. (This has happened once before and that was a few months before when I was on ecstasy). I was able to open it again but it was really painful. I was chewing gum for about the first hour but then I took it out and didn't have any more so I just left it.

The next morning both sides of my jaw were really sore and I struggled to chew. I also noticed one of my top teeth had a very small chip in it so I must have been grinding fairly hard.

It is now two days after and my bite is still out of place about a cm to the left and further forward than normal.

Just after a bit of advice from other people that this has happened to and whether your jaw went back to normal?

This weekend I had half a cap of MDMA for the first time. Prior to that I had only had ecstasy.

Twice during the night I felt my jaw lock about halfway so that I could not really open it fully. (This has happened once before and that was a few months before when I was on ecstasy). I was able to open it again but it was really painful. I was chewing gum for about the first hour but then I took it out and didn't have any more so I just left it.

The next morning both sides of my jaw were really sore and I struggled to chew. I also noticed one of my top teeth had a very small chip in it so I must have been grinding fairly hard.

It is now two days after and my bite is still out of place about a cm to the left and further forward than normal.

Just after a bit of advice from other people that this has happened to and whether your jaw went back to normal?

usually my jaw is somewhat sore the next day or two, but there was one time where i literally couldn't eat anything and had to have just liquids the day after and stayed sore for about a week, i just waited it out.. silly thing is, usually people get gum to help the clenching, but that was the one time i had gum, and i chewed that shit like a mad man, went through the whole pack and then some through the night lol, i've learned to stay away from gum

I had this happen once. Hurt like a bitch!

Did some jaw exercises everyday to get it back into place.
Just google TMJ exercises ;)

I still have scars lining my cheeks from my first MDMA experience (I did waaaaaaay to much) and that was over two years ago, I have found if I get to this state of clenching/jaw flappin (as some call it) it is best to sit down relax a bit and breathe deeply think yoga breathing, and stretch a little bit. A person is usually more prone to this if they are taking any kind of antipsychotic as well. Give it 2-4 days and you should be right as rain. (coming from someone who has tardive dyskinesia

EDIT Also tardive dyskinesia can become permanent over time if you don't monitor it and act accordingly, I'm not trying to scare you but if I even drink coffee I will start clenching my jaw after 3 years of being amphetamine free.

Last edited:
tardive dyskinesia (also known as bruxism)

that's a bit misleading. bruxism is just unvoluntary clenching or grinding of the teeth (and occording to wikipedia occurs in 20-30% of the population). tardive dyskinesia is a serious and permanent side effects of antipsychotics (or more rarely other dopamine antagonists). tardiva dynkinesia can include bruxism, but doesn't have to and bruxism in most cases completely unrelated to tardiva dynkinesia.

just a little clarification to prevent the possible creation of a new myth ;)

Ah oh my, my apologies good sir. I thank you for the correction and I shall edit my post accordingly.

Haha! You probably did exactly what I usually do lol.

I usually feel so amazing that I have my mouth open like a cod fish the whole time. Just staring at everything going on around me. Probably what you did ;)

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to see a dentist later in the week about the small chip and will just mention that I think my bite is out of place. (It still feels out now three days). I reckon I could push it back myself but I don't want to risk doing more damage.

Hopefully they will suggest some exercises or give me something to put in mouth at night to ease it back into place. It worries me that as well as being too far off to the side it is also further forward than normal too.

Will let you know how I go.

Completely normal my man. I `ve had large rows of sores in my mouth from jaw clenching and teeth grinding. Some call it gurning,

If you`ve ever seen old school rave pics you will notice that pacifiers were often worn. That was to compensate and prevent uncomfortable oral after effects when rolling. A friend used to have juicy cutoure ones and ive seen some woth led lights so
there are plenty that will help you stand out at raves. Plus it will make you look like you really know what your doing :-D

Ive read a couple of times that nerves in the jaw are closely related to serotonin levels so that is probably the scientific basis for gurning imo.