• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Jaw cracking moving after quitting?

Is the theory that if someone has the jaw going after they claim to have been off the rock for several months, they are probably falsely claiming to be off it, and probably had just fired up their crack pipe in the last hour or so and were high on crack right at that moment? Assuming that the jaw movement is pathognomonic for being on the rock, then it looks like they are fibbing. About the rock, that is. Now if it is a question about lying about something else like fucking one's wife or stealing out of the cash register or putting acid in the soup in the company canteen, there is not enough information to determine.

Somebody who quit the crack as a group project with five other people said any tics and the like which anyone had disappeared in the first week and no new ones appeared. None of them had a lot of trouble quitting, he told me, and there was no real reason for there to be any hardcore lying about it, since the others would know anyways if any of them were back on the crack since it is pretty easy to tell, plus they all had good reasons individually and collectively for quitting the crack, and they had already lost the taste for Bolivian Marching Powder before quitting crack, so they took care of any temptation to get really stimulated generally by drinking large amounts of coffee.

I know someone who will move the lower jaw back and forth twice before he tells someone that they are a fucking arsehole, and I asked him why and he said it just feels like it makes the insult stronger. He sometimes does a sort of Rodney Dangerfield move before the thing with the jaw.

Folks who do the jaw thing for one reason or another, especially in a circle, doesn't that hurt if you do it too much? Maybe with too large an amplitude? There are people who live in fear of catching temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction, so I wonder what they think about it.

I think it is praying mantises who do their jaw like that all the time.

Does clockwise or counterclockwise make a difference? Maybe it is the former in the Southern Hemisphere. If you go eating some poppies with wallabies and kangaroos in Tasmania and get the wrong ones, the ones with no morphine in them.

O, I know some Captagon eaters who have all of the above including the one the OP talks about with crack. They say they don't even notice it.

As one who constantly seeks other people with intellect, a rarity in today’s world, I don’t know if I’ve found it on this site or if everyone just loves talking like crazy professors..

I don’t know if writing like you do comes natural or if you’re trying extremely hard to impress everyone with the way you write, but half of what you said just didn’t even make sense to me and I had a hard time following :)

No I’m not trying to be argumentative or make enemies here. I’m just saying that an answer to this question shouldn’t be that long, one, and two, I’m definitely not discussing theories, philosophies or any other hypothesis in life, which everyone in their responses seems determined to want to discuss here.

You can be the most intelligent person on earth but if you can’t convey what you’re trying to explain in an articulate manner, than your intellect is wasted. Part of intellect is being able to properly articulate the point you’re trying to get across and using words and phrases that are being used here does not help that cause!

I can’t help but feel, no offense, that the posters are going out of their way to word things in such a manner to display to everyone how intelligent they are?

Here is the scenario. And I have quite the background with drugs and drug users, so much so that everyone comes to ME to get answers to these type questions. But this is a new one and I am perplexed as to what to do with this guy!

I have a guy who used to be a meth addict for many years, and when he’s working really hard his jaw gets to moving back-and-forth like he’s been on a three day binge. He swears it’s just habit from being a meth head so long and he can’t stop it. But I’m starting to doubt him.

I have no reason to as he’s a very honest guy far as I can tell and is not one who lies. If not for the jaw, I wouldn’t doubt him in any capacity. But man when that jaw goes, it GOES and I mean like FURIOUSLY, like every second it’s moved 10 times!!!

He’s crazily jerking his lower jaw left and right left and right right and left right and left like he just exhaled a lung full of meth.

Simple question to all of the “intellects” out there that may know a hell of a lot more than me, but are not very articulate in the way they are explaining it:

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THIS CAN BE A HABIT LONG AFTER QUITTING?

Answers will come from people who personally know other addicts who have quit but still do it or BEST answer from an actual addict who has quit and still does it!

Last edited:
I showed this whole thread to someone who used to smoke crack and in fact did quit . . . she said that he jawboning as she called it might have happened a little the next day at the latest, but it was indeed an effect of the crack itself in her theory, so if she would have been telling people she was off it at some point later, but was still jawboning, it would be grounds for suspicion . . .

The effect seemed to vary from completely involuntary and even unconscious to something she was aware of and would do as a semi-mindless habit. The way she did the jawboning didn't really grind her teeth together, meaning there wasn't any noise to let her know she was doing it . . .

Smoking meth caused something that was sort of like the crack jawboning but it happened for five minutes and stopped. She thinks that the difference in concentration level and technique when doing White Tornado versus crack is why she didn't do it then, and taking any stimulants orally also didn't cause her to do it, but ecstasy caused lots of bruxism and a jawboning which went in small circles.

The rest of her comments were hostile, angry, and vituperative, impressively so, and we agreed probably unprintable in the interest of community cohesion.

When I mix tripelennamine into morphine or other narcotics and mainline it, I get these more or less involuntary movements of the arms, shoulders and so forth, sort of like they are moving by themselves because they like the feeling so much . . . also dose-related and it goes away in about two hours. They start like the shoulder rolling exercises that help loosen those muscles, then arm movements sort of like on the dance floor at the discotheque.. . . orphenadrine in the shot seems to intensify it a little but not cause the movement by itself. I did it for the team of doctors who treat my pain on one occasion and asked about myasthenia gravis, tardive dyskinesia, anything anywhere on a continuum involving Parkinson's Disease, or other things that may suddenly jump out of the background and cause all sorts of problems, but they said there was no connexion and my general practitioner said that I was just stretching like a cat for the same reason . . .

Meow

I showed this whole thread to someone who used to smoke crack and in fact did quit . . . she said that he jawboning as she called it might have happened a little the next day at the latest, but it was indeed an effect of the crack itself in her theory, so if she would have been telling people she was off it at some point later, but was still jawboning, it would be grounds for suspicion . . .

The effect seemed to vary from completely involuntary and even unconscious to something she was aware of and would do as a semi-mindless habit. The way she did the jawboning didn't really grind her teeth together, meaning there wasn't any noise to let her know she was doing it . . .

Smoking meth caused something that was sort of like the crack jawboning but it happened for five minutes and stopped. She thinks that the difference in concentration level and technique when doing White Tornado versus crack is why she didn't do it then, and taking any stimulants orally also didn't cause her to do it, but ecstasy caused lots of bruxism and a jawboning which went in small circles.

The rest of her comments were hostile, angry, and vituperative, impressively so, and we agreed probably unprintable in the interest of community cohesion.

When I mix tripelennamine into morphine or other narcotics and mainline it, I get these more or less involuntary movements of the arms, shoulders and so forth, sort of like they are moving by themselves because they like the feeling so much . . . also dose-related and it goes away in about two hours. They start like the shoulder rolling exercises that help loosen those muscles, then arm movements sort of like on the dance floor at the discotheque.. . . orphenadrine in the shot seems to intensify it a little but not cause the movement by itself. I did it for the team of doctors who treat my pain on one occasion and asked about myasthenia gravis, tardive dyskinesia, anything anywhere on a continuum involving Parkinson's Disease, or other things that may suddenly jump out of the background and cause all sorts of problems, but they said there was no connexion and my general practitioner said that I was just stretching like a cat for the same reason . . .

Meow

Wonderful!!! Thank you! That’s one vote for this guy is sneaking hits... FYI there is no noise or clenching or grinding of the teeth it’s just lower jaw movement only!

I honestly ever witnessed wild swinging jaws on people that were in that moment under the heavy influence of a strong stim like MDMA, 4MMC, 6APB etc.

When I was in rehab, I saw 3 particular cases of men, who had a history of cocaine abuse for like 20 years more, and even after 3+months drug free, they kept doing that thing your mentioning. They keep moving their Jaws, I saw 2 of them stop after like 6 months, but one of them stayed like this even after 9months clean(that's how long I stayed) that fella and I both arrived at the community at the same time more or less. So yeah when u abuse stims a lot, there's a small chance that this might happen to you, sometimes it's permanent, sometimes it goes away after some time. just my 0.0000000065855 cents NZN

Is the theory that if someone has the jaw going after they claim to have been off the rock for several months, they are probably falsely claiming to be off it, and probably had just fired up their crack pipe in the last hour or so and were high on crack right at that moment? Assuming that the jaw movement is pathognomonic for being on the rock, then it looks like they are fibbing. About the rock, that is. Now if it is a question about lying about something else like fucking one's wife or stealing out of the cash register or putting acid in the soup in the company canteen, there is not enough information to determine.

Somebody who quit the crack as a group project with five other people said any tics and the like which anyone had disappeared in the first week and no new ones appeared. None of them had a lot of trouble quitting, he told me, and there was no real reason for there to be any hardcore lying about it, since the others would know anyways if any of them were back on the crack since it is pretty easy to tell, plus they all had good reasons individually and collectively for quitting the crack, and they had already lost the taste for Bolivian Marching Powder before quitting crack, so they took care of any temptation to get really stimulated generally by drinking large amounts of coffee.

I know someone who will move the lower jaw back and forth twice before he tells someone that they are a fucking arsehole, and I asked him why and he said it just feels like it makes the insult stronger. He sometimes does a sort of Rodney Dangerfield move before the thing with the jaw.

Folks who do the jaw thing for one reason or another, especially in a circle, doesn't that hurt if you do it too much? Maybe with too large an amplitude? There are people who live in fear of catching temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction, so I wonder what they think about it.

I think it is praying mantises who do their jaw like that all the time.

Does clockwise or counterclockwise make a difference? Maybe it is the former in the Southern Hemisphere. If you go eating some poppies with wallabies and kangaroos in Tasmania and get the wrong ones, the ones with no morphine in them.

O, I know some Captagon eaters who have all of the above including the one the OP talks about with crack. They say they don't even notice it.
trust me man, I've seen ppl that were drug free for months and they still clenched their Jaws. it looked really creepy sometimes. I think it's when ur cns is fucked and overly stimulated thst this happens, only happens to a few thou.

I'm not going to sit here and feed into your immature antics. All I was stating is a fact, whether you want to call that "bragging" or not, would you prefer me call it something more appropriate? Name it what you like. Funny thing is, you just contradicted yourself with your 20year old MDPV drug habit. I have no clue how long bath salts have been around for, but hey you know more then me, guy. You should feel proud for getting into filth and bath salts for two decades. Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover, my friend. I have also been a father of my three kids for the past 9 years and live a productive life.

mhmmmmmmm ppl get defensive here, through screen. yass

Wonderful!!! Thank you! That’s one vote for this guy is sneaking hits... FYI there is no noise or clenching or grinding of the teeth it’s just lower jaw movement only!

I noticed this kind of movement of the jaw is something which I find myself doing if I eat something sour and salty like a piece of lemon or lime, also drinking a liquid like that -- it is unconscious, sub-conscious, or semi-conscious . . . it is like my mouth is wanting to spread the taste out as much as possible or something . . . maybe people who do it with crack really like the taste of crack?

I also know someone who does no drugs, or at least not crack. who just does it as a habit of theirs, you know, like some people chew on pencils or chew their hair . . .

trust me man, I've seen ppl that were drug free for months and they still clenched their Jaws. it looked really creepy sometimes. I think it's when ur cns is fucked and overly stimulated thst this happens, only happens to a few thou.

Thanks everyone the last few replies, they have been spot on and were exactly what I was looking for!!!

And yes he doesn’t do it when he just walks up calmly but it’s only when he’s kind of stressing out and has a lot of anxiety or trying to move fast or work hard and the harder and faster he works the worse it gets, so what you just said was almost exact :)

I saw a documentary which included footage of a giraffe eating some leaves and moving the jaw sideways and in circles, and all I could think of was crack . . .