• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Jaw cracking moving after quitting?

Plumber101010

Greenlighter
Do addicts still move their lower jaw back and forth furiously months after quitting or is that a sign they are lying?

I think that's more of a stereotypical gesture that people put on "crackheads". The incessant moving of they're cheek bone and jaw, especially after one takes a blast of crack. (So funny, my one buddy who is 36 yrs old started doing that dumb shit after he took a blast of crack) in my mind I figured he was just doing that on purpose to be an idiot. But who knows...I know I don't do that, nor have seen anyone do that except on the movies or maybe if I go deep in the hood, yes I said it. Idk if cocaine has neurological long term effects that can cause someone to do it long term even after years clean or not. But that's something i only really seen on the movies.

The jaw moving on its own more or less always seemed to me to be a result of overstimulation of the CNS -- the crack effects in question, the yawning from narcotic withdrawal which can cause dislocated jaws, the bruxism from doing X, C-Jam, or speed and/or having an arsehole for a boss or listening to commentators and politicians lie about narcotics to enrich the rehab billionaire gangsters . . . there are stimulant fanciers who say that methylphenidate makes them grind their teeth less than White Crosses and meth for example, and most assuredly E and so forth . . . my Vitamin R, Bennies, White Crosses, C-Jam, and Preludin experiences were mixing them with oxymorphone, nicomorphine, hydromorphone, ketobemidone, morphine, secobarbitone and the like, so I cannot report directly on that . . . E mixes really well with Vikes and DHC, by the way . . . I gave some to a bureaucrat I had to deal with once and was eating pussy and getting laid on her desk inside of three hours . . .

There is definite standard jaw clenching with stims, then there is just is that retarded ass crackhead jaw shuffle, I believe the OP Means this

Actually i think you can actually get used to unconciously doing this, i only ever teeth grind from high-dose amps and only ever the first one of a session though so i cant speak toward after someone quits... i think i'll die before i muster the mental capacity to quit :eek:

There is definite standard jaw clenching with stims, then there is just is that retarded ass crackhead jaw shuffle, I believe the OP Means this
I never did that shit with crack ive seem ppl do it and never understood why... but maybe thats cause im too busy with the pipe =p
On a related note.. ive had a crackhead steal my pipe because he thought the cubic zirconias decorating it were fucking diamonds... what a fucking idiot he mustve looked like trying to sell ot LOL

I think im the only one who's used crack that i know that hasnt resorted to thievery or lies to get product -.- does that make me not a crackhead ?

I've smoked a lot of crack in my time but never got fucked up on it, now heroin though...............

How anyone can go on a decent session of white & not have something to make the rough edges smooth is beyond me.

I've smoked a lot of crack in my time but never got fucked up on it, now heroin though...............

How anyone can go on a decent session of white & not have something to make the rough edges smooth is beyond me.
This. I know some folks but a solid session of more than a few hours? Id be tearing my eyes out without a benzo or morphine i unno how they manage, must be white magix

I can smoke crack and not have to depend on something to calm me down, drug wise. Me and my girl usually have sex for the comedown. After using amphetamines and meth and dealing with a serious crash, the comedown from crack barely even touches me anymore or bothers me

I can smoke crack and not have to depend on something to calm me down, drug wise. Me and my girl usually have sex for the comedown. After using amphetamines and meth and dealing with a serious crash, the comedown from crack barely even touches me anymore or bothers me

How you even get it up after smoking is beyond me.
I guess we have better rocks over here.

Don't be so quick to judge my friend. I have been in the drug game a long time and can get new York City finest cocaine or crack. And stimulants and sex are a very popular combination. Lol who is the amateur now? ?

Don't be so quick to judge my friend. I have been in the drug game a long time and can get new York City finest cocaine or crack. And stimulants and sex are a very popular combination. Lol who is the amateur now? ?

Bragging about how long you have been "in the drug game" is kinda dumb imho.
I've been smoking MDPV & getting into filth longer than you been alive.

I'm not going to sit here and feed into your immature antics. All I was stating is a fact, whether you want to call that "bragging" or not, would you prefer me call it something more appropriate? Name it what you like. Funny thing is, you just contradicted yourself with your 20year old MDPV drug habit. I have no clue how long bath salts have been around for, but hey you know more then me, guy. You should feel proud for getting into filth and bath salts for two decades. Don't be so quick to judge a book by its cover, my friend. I have also been a father of my three kids for the past 9 years and live a productive life.

Now I am thinking of a very clear case of the cheek/jaw movement mentioned by the OP, and I am really curious why I don't see this with people who snort C-Jam or use it to make a cigarette or joint into a Primo or Flamethrower, or smoke White Tornado, the original method of freebasing Bolivian Marching Powder . . .

I didn't really have information or experience with the crack smokers in question to follow an analysis to the conclusion that they were lying about anything . . . in fact they were not saying much of anything and the jaw movement seemed like a baroque version of how people and animals lick their lips when drinking something tasty . . . cats do it all the time, a story about etonitazene mentions lab animals doing it, I hear it a lot when we experiment with stirring Bolivian Marching Powder into Coca-Cola to bring back the original glory . . . just last night I saw a raccoon doing it after draining a bottle of rum and licking all around the opening to get every last drip-drop . . . of course the comment "Mmm, that was some great crack" was unlikely to be a lie . . .

There is the thread above about thirst caused by stimulants and it looks like the two things are for totally different reasons, though if one has a dry mouth and drinks lots of sugary beverages because they are thirsty, it can make cavities and other similar trouble more likely . . .

Sooo, what stimulants can do to one's teeth appears to be as follows:

In general, if one is grinding their teeth for these reasons, there is the possibility that they are getting in more hours of tooth grinding as they sleep, and lots of folks actually grind their teeth in their sleep and have no idea that they do it . . .

It sounds like bruxism does happen with C-Jam in its various forms but it seems to be a speed thing in particular, including E and other amphetamine variants . . . MPDV is related to both the pharmaceutical Thymergix and Cat, green and otherwise, and those seem to cause it to the same extent as E .. . there is the contribution bruxism can make to Meth Mouth, which arises from a number of things -- it can be unreacted precursors, there is the dryness combined with thirst and wanting sugary drinks, some people apparently like to chew on the pipe and other objects even when not in use . . . The people I know who use pseudoephedrine and ephedrine with caffeine and antacids as stimulants have had trouble with bruxism and I know a couple of MDA fanciers who wear mouth guards to prevent tooth damage . . .. the same folks are of the opinion that, at least bruxism-wise, 2C-B is another kettle of fish entirely . . . Benzamphetamine, methylphenidate, phenmetrazine and phendimetrazine are typical stimulants of this type but I took most of those at one point or another and don't recall a lot of tooth grinding . . . it has actually been MDMA and some things like MMDA, MDEA, STP and so forth that seem to have a lot of folks using pacifiers and mouth guards; there is a dentist I know of who is hip to all of this kind of thing who does work with harm reduction folks to get this news out because over not that long of a time it can do all manner of damage to teeth .. .

Nicotine's central neuroendocrine actions will actually counter any anticholinergic effects which cause dry mouth, there are jaw, tooth, mouth, gum, and other problems with chewing tobacco and other forms like smoking have effects on the teeth and gums which are often discussed . . . reportedly nicotine gum can apparently damage the teeth if it is used heavily over years and one does not closely monitor the situation, though I have never heard an actual reason suggested for this aside from one theory about the abrasiveness of the gum, which was hard to determine if it was or wasn't . . . I have not heard this said about tablets of nicotine.

Other drugs which impact the same systems may or may not cause the same effects . . . I have not heard of it with tramadol or tapentadol, nor lefetamine (Santenol) for that matter . . . the first-generation anti-depressants do not list it as an adverse effect, nor do the second-generation ones, although I do know a doctor who says her patients who take Cymbalta as a narcotic potentiator should keep up with their dentist and make sure there is no evidence of bruxism, especially whilst sleeping. Imipramine was being taken by one person who said she grinds her teeth a lot and there was an increase, but she said it was probably impossible to name one factor or another as there were several medications she took and some possibility she unconsciously grinds her teeth anyways . . .

Dry mouth from any number of drugs can cause problems with teeth, of course . . . I do know of someone who was very vigilant about it but still lost some teeth from years of being on Vicoprofen, Norflex, Ornade, No-Doz, and Naproxen, which was also one of my early protocols for pain too and it was a great 360° medication combination which made me feel like Jesus' interpreter and accountant and made me into a bit of a horndog so that was my lunch at 14.30 every day for a number of years, and then at night I would add cyclobenzaprine and hydroxyzine to it and carisoprodol if needed . . . back in the day Ornade had phenylpropanolamine in it, which counts as the sympathomimetic stimulant in this case . . . I knew what may be coming so I carried a little of every product Biotène makes . . . I am not a gum chewer at all, but the gum did help in some cases and of course it was medicine . . .

Ummmm, wow! Thought was a simple enough question. Yet somehow it seems the thread quickly transversed into a ball of theoretical wax, while simultaneously avoiding to answer the question!

Not sure why the first response was that it’s only seen in Hollywood movies??? Maybe you need to expand your horizon some.

Jaw movement is NOT fake, it’s as real as the sunrise. And these terms you all are using? Names and words and labels for street drugs that no druggies I’ve ever known calls them??

Feel like I was dropped off into a weird parallel universe reading some of these replies...

Soooooo, can anyone directly and simply answer the question? Can the jaw cracking and rapid movement back and forth that accompanies the use of meth and crack be a habit long after the addict quits? Or is he secretly taking hits at work?

Is the theory that if someone has the jaw going after they claim to have been off the rock for several months, they are probably falsely claiming to be off it, and probably had just fired up their crack pipe in the last hour or so and were high on crack right at that moment? Assuming that the jaw movement is pathognomonic for being on the rock, then it looks like they are fibbing. About the rock, that is. Now if it is a question about lying about something else like fucking one's wife or stealing out of the cash register or putting acid in the soup in the company canteen, there is not enough information to determine.

Somebody who quit the crack as a group project with five other people said any tics and the like which anyone had disappeared in the first week and no new ones appeared. None of them had a lot of trouble quitting, he told me, and there was no real reason for there to be any hardcore lying about it, since the others would know anyways if any of them were back on the crack since it is pretty easy to tell, plus they all had good reasons individually and collectively for quitting the crack, and they had already lost the taste for Bolivian Marching Powder before quitting crack, so they took care of any temptation to get really stimulated generally by drinking large amounts of coffee.

I know someone who will move the lower jaw back and forth twice before he tells someone that they are a fucking arsehole, and I asked him why and he said it just feels like it makes the insult stronger. He sometimes does a sort of Rodney Dangerfield move before the thing with the jaw.

Folks who do the jaw thing for one reason or another, especially in a circle, doesn't that hurt if you do it too much? Maybe with too large an amplitude? There are people who live in fear of catching temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction, so I wonder what they think about it.

I think it is praying mantises who do their jaw like that all the time.

Does clockwise or counterclockwise make a difference? Maybe it is the former in the Southern Hemisphere. If you go eating some poppies with wallabies and kangaroos in Tasmania and get the wrong ones, the ones with no morphine in them.

O, I know some Captagon eaters who have all of the above including the one the OP talks about with crack. They say they don't even notice it.

Last edited: