• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jackie Chan's Son Jailed on Drug Charges

Crankinit

Bluelighter
Jaycee Chan, son of the action film star Jackie Chan, was jailed for six months on a drug charge in China on Friday. The 32-year-old pleaded guilty to "sheltering others to take drugs" in Beijing's Eastern district court and was fined $322. Police arrested Chan and 23-year-old Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko in August, when authorities found more than 100 grams of marijuana and the two tested positive for marijuana. His father, Jackie Chan, was named an official "Narcotics Control Ambassador" by Chinese police in 2009 and has said he was "ashamed" of his son's actions.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/01/08/jackie-chan-s-son-jailed-on-drug-charges.html

What kind of absurd charge is that?

I remember there was a U.S. state that charged someone whose friend overdosed right beside them just before with "allowing drug use" after the incident. They are without conscience.

I feel bad for the guy. No one should go to jail for having a plant.

But, I am also a bit happy that the children of the rich and famous are subject to the same (awful) laws as the rest of us.

100 grams of marijuana?! That is enough for 200 people to smoke a large, .5 gram joint, and then eat some chips while watching a movie, laughing too much. Good thing people went to jail for that.

Jackies Chans parents run a Chinese restaurant in the Capital of Australia. Send him there to wash the dishes as a jail alternative.

I feel bad for the guy. No one should go to jail for having a plant.

But, I am also a bit happy that the children of the rich and famous are subject to the same (awful) laws as the rest of us.

100 grams of marijuana?! That is enough for 200 people to smoke a large, .5 gram joint, and then eat some chips while watching a movie, laughing too much. Good thing people went to jail for that.
Got to save those poor chips from the evil stoners.