• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Jackie Chan reveals he supports death penalty for drug crimes, despite son running dr

poledriver

Bluelighter
Jackie Chan reveals he supports death penalty for drug crimes, despite son running drug den

Martial artist and actor Jackie Chan has revealed his support for the death penalty for some drug smugglers.

In an interview with journalists, he said, “On some issues, I do support the death penalty.”

“When you’re hurting thousands and thousands of young children, I think these people are useless. You should get the right punishment,” he said.

150508_raw_jcdeathpenalty_2.ashx

This comes months after his son, Jaycee, spent six months in jail for “providing shelter for others to abuse drugs.”

Chan is Singapore’s first celebrity anti-drug ambassador and named the official Narcotics Control Ambassador by the Chinese police in 2009.

Mr Chan said he felt “ashamed” and “shocked” over his son’s conviction but he is now devoting time to focus on his son.

"I'm concentrating on him now. [It] used to be just, 'You are a grown man.' But now I've found out that he's still a boy" said Mr Chan.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/world/2015/...pite-son-running-drug-den#WAqhOfBxMKmhtfvM.99

I'm not sure how many people know but Jackie Chan has turned into a communist party spokesperson.

why why why when subjects like this come up people always say "look at all the children the drugs kill" I may be wrong but I dont think dealers go around looking for babies in prams or kids in parks, surly the majority of users are over a certain age......wont someone think of the children!!

I wonder If his son was sentenced to state sanctioned murder, he would still hold the same beliefs?

why why why when subjects like this come up people always say "look at all the children the drugs kill" I may be wrong but I dont think dealers go around looking for babies in prams or kids in parks, surly the majority of users are over a certain age......wont someone think of the children!!

yes but you could say that person is someone's child

I love how people think that making punishments more harsh will encourage people to stop committing drug related crimes. Well maybe it will on some level, but on another level the reason people are choosing to use the drugs is never addressed.

I think Jackie Chan doesn't wanna end up on his government's shit list considering that, every year, China's communist crook-leaders are responsible for countless basic human rights violations and God knows what else. I think he doesn't wanna end up as a statistic, so, Jackie routinely kisses some hairy asses instead.

Edit - I'd like to add that, if I was in his present position, I'd probably be doing the same thing if it meant no shit list and living a life free of uncalled for harassment by government lackeys. There, I said it. I don't consider myself better than him (at least I'm being honest, cut me some slack).

I think Jackie Chan doesn't wanna end up on his government's shit list considering that, every year, China's communist crook-leaders are responsible for countless basic human rights violations and God knows what else. I think he doesn't wanna end up as a statistic, so, Jackie routinely kisses some hairy asses instead.

Jackie has been a government lapdog for a couple years. check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6L3BixQoCk

It's such bullshit. people change the blame based on convenience.

If they're talking about a drug smuggler, then the addicts are all innocent victims.
If they're talking about the addicts, then they chose to use the drug and deserve their punishment.

It's all bullshit, capital punishment for a non-violent offense is absolutely inexcusable. I used to be pro-death penalty in select cases. for you know, assholes who might actually deserve it, like rapists and child abusers and serial killers. But people like this have changed my mind, I can't be pro-death penalty anymore. I have too much disgust with the kind of company I'd be in.