• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids IVing suboxone? Is it worth it?

TRTCure

Greenlighter
I'm wondering for people who have shot suboxone if it gives you a rush? is it worth it? I usually put it in water and snort 2 mg every other day, but I'm curious if shooting it up is worth it.

Does a regular cotton ball work?

Is their any harm concerns like with shooting pills? I have the 8/2 mg films so I wouldn't think that their is much fillers or binders in it.

Thank you

Hello, it's not worth it there were several cases where people lost limbs.

Study Cases thread

^In this thread if you have some time to read you'll see how many times shooting it went wrong.

Shooting pills is a bad idea anyway because of the fillers and binders, you can minimize the risks with a micron filter (wheel filter) but not cut them out entirely. In this case the cotton is a no no situation. Anyway bupe has no rush like you would experience with heroin or morphine. On this forum there are several people that did it and will tell you that it's not worth it. So please refrain from doing it, do you have it prescribed for maintanance?

Edit:I noticed that you got films, even worse. Please stay safe and take them as they were prescribed.

Read my post in this thread:

I have extensive IV suboxone experience. It's not worth it.

I IVd bupe for years. Was originally put on suboxone but out of nowhere was switched to subutex due to an error from the pharmacy (but I wasnt complaining, until they found out about the error and put me back on suboxone though. No significant difference between them IMO). The BA of Subutex subligually is ~30%, whereas IV is 100%. It is a substantial difference. This is why I IVd it. I could save my bupe for bad days and continue to do H.
With IV, the effects also come on much quicker but do not produce any real rush. Instead of waiting 15-30min to feel relief from WD I get well in about 4-5min. There is no real difference from 2mg Iv- 8mg+IV. Effects seem to completely top out at around the 4mg mark.
Stupid decision to IV it though. I would mix my bupe with diphenhydramine on order to obtain some semblance of a rush. The nasty orange taste in the back of your thoat is almost as bad as holding it in your mouth. The solution gets gooey if not injected right away as well. Bupe injections and DPH injections OBLITERATED my veins. Not worth it to IV it unless you have a micron filter. Better to save your veins than to save your drugs.

IV suboxone is a nasty gooey thick solution that provides no rush and will harden your veins faster than any street opioid out there. It is by far one of the worst things you can put into your bloodstream. The film's are particularly bad. My vein would be gone within 2 months of 3x a day injections. Dont do it. If you want a quicker onset, use it rectally.

Thanks for the informative replies, I will stay away from the needle!

Glad that you made up your mind and Deeds came in with more specific info, i never used suboxone but have had read a lot on the subject plus the case studies linked above