• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IVing heroin: large bump / rash?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
Okay, so this was my first time injecting heroin. I mixed the #3 powder with pure ascorbic acid (3:1 ratio), filtered it into the IV for a total of 20cc of the solution. I found a vein, hit it, registered and dark red blood filled the syringe, so I started shooting. I stopped 3/4th of the way done and registered again, and blood still filled the syringe, so I shot the rest. So it seems like I didn't miss the vein, but I also have a large bump/hive and a rash double that size surrounding the injection site. I made sure everything was sterile.

What could have caused this, an allergic reaction maybe? I did get a small rush, but I didn't use much (first time IVing and had already smoke some didn't want to overdo it).

qHRSFhP.png

How does it feel? if it doesnt hurt or itch too bad i dont think it should be a big concern. It should go down in a day or two. Maybe put some lotion or disinfectant on it.

Sometimes I have registered and pushed through and still had a rash, seems to happen when i first start using but you could of ruptured a vain as well. If it doesnt go down in a week go to the E.R. But thats going super far and I am giving you worst case scenario. I have been shooting and had many many misses over the 10 years I had been using on and off IV dope.

Monitor it and if it gets worse you may need to address it. However it looks familiar to me, some people have a sensitivity to dope cuts (like me) that always shows up the first time I use in a while (like allergens, you can build tolerance). I would try and get wheel filters if you can because that was the best way for me to avoid it. Whenever this happened my vein would get much harder to hit, and would sometimes disappear even if it was smaller.

It's getting flatter and less distinct ad we speak, so I'm assuming I may have missed a bit. It isn't painful, however it is firm go the touch. I IVed in another vein and it didn't happen, so like I said I ma have just missed a bit.

Not really feeling it as much as I could be though...might have to inject a third time in a dose that'll actually get me somewhere.

I take it back I may be starting to nod...I don't know. I thought IVing heroin instantly got you to the best place that does could get you.

Looks like a miss. Also little bit of histamine reaction

Some h creeps up on you. You may get an instant rush, but the high can--and does--get stronger. Not like over hours, but definitely in that first half hour

You probably pushed through a bit at the end. You can draw back and be in but the needle moves a little on the forward push.

Also, a test shot is a good idea. But then you really kind of want to do your whole dose at once. Little doses won't give you the rush you're looking for, and it's harder to judge cumulative overall effect. Plus the doses effectiveness decreases when you keep redosing

Looks like a miss. Also little bit of histamine reaction

Some h creeps up on you. You may get an instant rush, but the high can--and does--get stronger. Not like over hours, but definitely in that first half hour
So I probably shouldn't inject a slightly higher dose again? I have a very small bump/rash on the second I injection site as well, but I'm almost positive that was a histamine reaction because it's very small and I used to have a lot of allergies, and I know for a fact this time I hit the vein and it all went in. The first attempt I definitely missed a bit it would seem. Not all I'm sure because it registered twice, but some had to have missed.

Can't wait to try a higher dose tonight that'll actually get me where I'm goin'. I kind of lost that nod feeling coming on so I snorted a little more (too lazy to get another syringe to IV), hopefully I can get a good nod in before work. I can see why people prefer IV over other ROAs, I think I definitely prefer it.

Last edited:
Just an update, rash is gone and bump is also pretty much completely gone. I guess I was worrying over nothing.

Wow so you really think you're going to be able to hide this habit? Seriously stop before you really do major damage.

Hh
Wow so you really think you're going to be able to hide this habit? Seriously stop before you really do major damage.
I've hidden it just fine so far.

Am I safe to inject more? Snorting more didn't do a whole lot for me and that was 20 minutes ago. IVed last 40+ minutes ago, still no nod. On really disappointed :(

You will not feel any rush from an IV unless you wait until your runny nose w/d. You also need to say what your dose is. Since you are injecting alone and without narcan on hand I assume and even if you did with no one to inject you with it the answer is no do not inject more.

Seriously don't keep injecting..... As I've told you the only reason it is done is to have fast relief of withdrawals meaning you have to be dependant and going in and out of feeling ok to feeling like you're about to die with your heart beating too heavy, breathing taking more effort than it helps, ready or already pouring sweat, shifting bowels causing pain, and more finding that rush only once maybe twice a day at most while only preventing that bad feeling from getting to it's worse the test of the day. If you can maintain without injecting do that, but honestly you should seek help to stop using as you stated you were.... If you find out all the underlying reasons behind your use and address all of them then you should be able to stop using much more easily. As long as you don't address and be open about the problem of your use it will never get better only worse.

Hh
I've hidden it just fine so far.

Am I safe to inject more? Snorting more didn't do a whole lot for me and that was 20 minutes ago. IVed last 40+ minutes ago, still no nod. On really disappointed :(

Hey man, so it seems to me either your stuff isnt too good, or your not doing enough. The most I have had to wait for a rush was like 5-10 secounds and trust me, YOU KNOW when it hits.

IDK how your dope comes but in my neck of the woods we get stamped bags, all about the same amount of wieght and potentcy here in NY thank god. Of course you never know if someone fucked with it but I had the same guy for 10 years and havnt had an issue.

Any way, try a bigger shot.

. I thought IVing heroin instantly got you to the best place that does could get you.
This thought process will get you killed..... The doses it takes to get to an instant nod are such a fine line between possible delayed overdose and definite instant fatal overdose you are not even risking death or no death, but possible death or likely death. You really need help....

Watch the documentary the documentary "Black tar heroin: The Dark End of the Street" about addicts during the 90s in SF. The addiction scene out there is scary bad and only gets worse as every pain doctor there fears prescribing any opiate medication even weening off everyone ASAP pushing many to the overpriced commonly random non opiod pills or horrid quality dope on the street where 250 mg of the lower quality dope might give a newbie a little rush while higher quality dope still takes 250 mg for people with an average tolerance with there only being tar and only fent laced stuff if powdered. You really need to stop before you get a habit you can not manage our before you overdose and kill yourself.

Edit: Do not go over 30 mg of your stuff. SF dope is known as the worst and literally is 10x worse than anywhere at least. Do not exceeded 30 mg hell even 15 mg should be good if it is pure.

Hey man, so it seems to me either your stuff isnt too good, or your not doing enough. The most I have had to wait for a rush was like 5-10 secounds and trust me, YOU KNOW when it hits.

IDK how your dope comes but in my neck of the woods we get stamped bags, all about the same amount of wieght and potentcy here in NY thank god. Of course you never know if someone fucked with it but I had the same guy for 10 years and havnt had an issue.

Any way, try a bigger shot.
I actually did very small shots because I'm alone and have never injected before, however I feel comfortable enough with it now to do a larger shot tonight or tomorrow maybe. The shots I did were probably only 25mg each, but I'd already smoked 100mg and snorted another maybe 30mg a couple hours before shooting so I didn't want to overdo it. None of them got me to a nod however, hence why I am starting shooting. I just need to smoke/snort so much more now to get high. I bought 1.5g a couple days ago and that used to last me 2 weeks or more. It's been like two days and half of it is gone.

You will not feel any rush from an IV unless you wait until your runny nose w/d. You also need to say what your dose is. Since you are injecting alone and without narcan on hand I assume and even if you did with no one to inject you with it the answer is no do not inject more.

Seriously don't keep injecting..... As I've told you the only reason it is done is to have fast relief of withdrawals meaning you have to be dependant and going in and out of feeling ok to feeling like you're about to die with your heart beating too heavy, breathing taking more effort than it helps, ready or already pouring sweat, shifting bowels causing pain, and more finding that rush only once maybe twice a day at most while only preventing that bad feeling from getting to it's worse the test of the day. If you can maintain without injecting do that, but honestly you should seek help to stop using as you stated you were.... If you find out all the underlying reasons behind your use and address all of them then you should be able to stop using more easily. As long as you don't address and be open about the problem of your use it will never get better only worse.
I actually did speak with a psychiatrist, but I didn't find it helpful at all. The rash is gone as well as the bump, and albeit the normal small red dot from where the needle punctured the skin there's no evidence I'm IVing, so I doubt hiding it will be hard.

I actually did speak with a psychiatrist, but I didn't find it helpful at all. The rash is gone as well as the bump, and albeit the normal small red dot from where the needle punctured the skin there's no evidence I'm IVing, so I doubt hiding it will be hard.

Well once it gets warm out and you're in short sleeves having IV'd for months, it will be hard to hide. It doesn't stay as a little dot. Eventually, you get tracks.

Also, the part about IVing cause 1.5 g used to last 2 weeks and now half is gone in like 2 days? That was exactly why I switched from snorting to shooting. But believe me it doesn't take long til you're going thru that same 1.5 g in 2 days shooting. First it'll be chasing a high, then it'll be staying well. No one has ever successfully switched to IV and saved money. Maybe for a few weeks or months. If you're lucky. But soon it'll be a habit you can't afford to buy and can't afford not to buy.

I've been following your posts shadow, and I can see you're lining yourself up for a deep, lifelong heroin habit. Im curious to see where you're gonna be at a year from now. If you have the willpower to stop now, for the love of god, please stop now, and save you and your loved ones from a lifetime of drug addiction.

Well once it gets warm out and you're in short sleeves having IV'd for months, it will be hard to hide. It doesn't stay as a little dot. Eventually, you get tracks.

Also, the part about IVing cause 1.5 g used to last 2 weeks and now half is gone in like 2 days? That was exactly why I switched from snorting to shooting. But believe me it doesn't take long til you're going thru that same 1.5 g in 2 days shooting. First it'll be chasing a high, then it'll be staying well. No one has ever successfully switched to IV and saved money. Maybe for a few weeks or months. If you're lucky. But soon it'll be a habit you can't afford to buy and can't afford not to buy.
Once it gets warm I'll have graduated and won't care that much. Even then, if necessary I could just wear a bandage or something to hide it and say I burnt it in an exhaust pipe or something