View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV'ing DMT

Dr.Mambo

Bluelighter
Anyone here ever done that. I've heard its possible. I'm just curious how much different it is from smoking it.

I have IVed DMT on a few occaisions. It is totally comparable in effects to smoking IME, the onset is basically the same (maybe slightly more rapid IVed but inconsequential), duration is also comparable. Of course, dosages need to be adjusted down but I think this is due to losses when smoking and not majorly altered metabolism of the drug when smoking (conjecture). The effects are basically the same but it is 'simpler' to break-through when IVing.

Of course, you need to understand that you are not going to be able to do much about the needle or may find it taints a trip to some extent. I jabbed myself when on DMT after IVing (this during an extended few year period of IVing heroin/morphine) and this really weirded me out. I basically threw the needle away from me in horror and the experience was much murkier than I was used to. I haven't done this for many years and do not ever plan to again.

You also need to be quite sure of the source of your DMT. There are discussions about this somewhere, but I am (maybe incorrectly or overly) concerned about injecting plant matter and other unintended aspects of the material.

IVing psychedelics is no longer of interest to me. It was never something I did a lot of, oral dosing of most is more than adequate.

You also need to be quite sure of the source of your DMT. There are discussions about this somewhere, but I am (maybe incorrectly or overly) concerned about injecting plant matter and other unintended aspects of the material.

True. I have IVed my own extracted DMT, but first I filtered it through a .02micron filter wheel.
Personally IM is my preferred ROA. It gives you more time to adjust to your surroundings and allows you to stay in Lego Land long enough to sight-see.

That's a ROA I've not gone down for some reason. Actually a good idea, I've had good-ish success with 5-meo-dmt IMed and find both compounds share similar duration through various methods of admin.

I've never had timing line up for dmt and needles. I've done 5-meo-dmt and DPT (and analogs) in IMs and I actually prefer it. Although I get caught up in the needles, like always with shooting psychs.

I have injected STREET DMT. It made me break out in a severe allergic reaction that caused me to be able to BARELY BREATHE.

Know your source.

^What is street DMT? Do you mean plant extract or just unknown source?

I wonder if injecting plant extracts is inherently risky or am I over thinking it? The DMT I injected was synthesized, I still put it through a micron filter. I personally wouldn't risk injecting extracted DMT...

I wouldn't IV DMT unless it was from an actual chemist with 99.9% purity, which has been done before on volunteers with experiments in the late 90s by Dr. Rick Strassman.