• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I've used Adderall for 1 week with no effect

725Rover

Greenlighter
1st time poster here:

i tried to to search for threads like mine and I'm sure there are tons of them but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Couldn't find them.

So, I've researched quite a bit. Seems like the cause of the Adderall not working could be because I also take:
  • Lamictal
  • Vraylar

I've tried only on an empty stomach. When I do eat, I take in no acidic food. Drink only water.

I began with 10mg for a few days, then 20mg, then 30mg. All prescribed by my Dr. I've also tried to take doses up to 70mg. Still no effect.

Advice? Thoughts?

Tks!

So, is this the first stimulant prescription medication you have tried? or no? Because I wont lie, I first got on Adderall at 10mg, a year ago.. and the 10mg a day dose of Adderall IR, wasn't cutting it.. so I tried 15mg, one day.. it worked a bit better, but still not too great.. not how I wanted it to work.. then tried 20mg and found that to work great! Also, I started out taking them oral.. I found it to be much less effective as opposed to sniffing it, which isn't exactly good for you by anymeans, and I am not saying to go out and do it.. as it only works better that way than orally taking it for some people, not every one.. Anyways, after experimenting with every possible ROA like sniffing, oral, plugging, and even IV (after reading about its so called ~100% BA) and was very dissatisfied by all of them, but sniffing.. with oral being the next best, as long as I had a basic pH in my stomach with no acid.. otherwise, amp will not break down correctly in your stomach and Adderall is almost rendered entirely useless, as it gets eaten up by stomach acid, if your stomach contents are acidic.. I found that ROA while being the safest way to take the pill, obviously, too unpredictable to me each day.. some days it worked terrible and only lasted like 1 hr tops.. then others it lasted all day, but was very subtle and wasn't working well.. sometimes it worked fine, and lasted the right amount of time, like 3-6 hrs...

Then I sniffed it, and after trying them all including sniffing it once before a long time ago.. I found that ROA to trump all the others and continued using it like that with great effects.. it worked the same way every day, always worked perfect, didn't have to worry so much about the whole stomach acid pH bs... and it lasted just as long as it would taking it orally, while at the same time producing the effects I so much desired... it took a good month for me to really like Adderall, and become used to it.. whilst playing around with different mg doses and ROAs... as I was honestly just about to ask my doctor for something else, like Dexedrine to try, thinking Adderall wasn't for me! If you try this ROA, it would be safer I think to just turn it to a liquid solution, like you would to prep something for IV, using a syringe of sorts, needle-less preferably as Adderall in any of its forms, IR or XR is totally water soluble, if XR the beads should def. be crushed first to a powder form, using a mortar and pestle type thing or whatever works for you.. as long as it is fine powder.. filtering will only cause some Adderall to get lost, so I wouldn't really bother... although, it would make it a much cleaner solution and safer one to put in your nose.. either using the syringe, again easier with no needle on it, like with an oral syringe.. or a nasal spray container works too! You should use a syringe of some sort to measure how much Adderall to water the exact ratio is for ex: 20mg adderall/per 0.1 ml of water would work fine.. and be much less harsh on your nose, than sniffing it in powder form.. the liquid solution would also hit your harder and faster, as it would absorb into your nasal capillaries very nicely and much more quickly than it would in powder form..

Glad I didn't, because it works amazing for me still only sniffing my one pill a day, a 20mg IR, and never seems to change, feeling wise.. unless the pharm gives me one of the awful generic Adderall that are out there, I will not sugar coat shit.. some generic Adderall need to be taken off the market! There are ones that make my ADHD even worse after taking them, I have tried.. so I stick with brand or the only 2 generic ones that seem to work for me perfect.. I just got screwed a month ago, with a whole script of what felt like sugar pills labled Adderall IRs.. they SUCKED! didn't work AT ALL!.. just got a refill of brand name Adderall, they work PERFECT! I know, again.. were not supposed to discuss this, but in all honesty Adderall is the ONE prescription med, I feel and actually know first fucking hand, can either work perfect or not at all, even sometimes make your ADHD even worse, if given the wrong generic.. I wont go into detail as I have said enough already, sorry moderators on here, not trying to bend the rules or start any problems, and I love this site, always come on here.. I know there isn't supposed to be any brand name/generic pill talk.. but I couldn't keep that one to myself.. it was too extreme a difference for me between some of the generic vs brand name amp salt tabs, and how different each one really does feel.. a lot of people say stuff like that is in your head.. no, I cant deny this one.. it was like taking different drugs entirely switching from one terrible generic to brand name! like comparing two bags of dope from two different dudes, one was cut to shit, the other was almost totally pure and uncut, and worked much better... lol.

I'm a bit confused on why their doctor is giving them drugs for schizophrenia or bipolar and amphetamine?

You shouldn't take adderall if you're bipolar or schizophrenic as it can trigger mania, can cause hallucinations if you don't sleep for a few days and abuse it and cariprazine and adderall can both lead to dehydration and increased temperature etc.

To answer OPs question, it's necessary to know that the meds are prescribed for. What symptom relief are they supposed to help with?

Not eating enough, particularly proteins, is a bulletproof way of reducing (entirely) the medical effect, if it's prescribed for add/adhd-symptoms, regardless of weather that is the actual diagnosis.

I use dexamphetamine every day and both from littersture, doctors and my own experience: eating enough is the absolute minimum for them to work. Next on the list is enough sleep, then a minimum of physical activity. The latter will make the meds work very good if they are already beneficial for symptom relief.

You shouldn't take adderall if you're bipolar or schizophrenic as it can trigger mania, can cause hallucinations if you don't sleep for a few days and abuse it and cariprazine and adderall can both lead to dehydration and increased temperature etc.

Agree...kind of.... Showcasing the fact that all chemicals and their effects are subjective...not to mention ANYONE with 1/3 of a brain can walk into a psychiatrist's office and get diagnosed bi-polar. Some people take Adderall to SLEEP!!!!!!!

Lets take Seroquel for example...Seroquel is a drug used for people with Bipolar and Schizophrenia that has numerous studies documenting that it causes diabetes among many other ailments. I know people RX'ed Seroquel from everything from sleep to anxiety to restless leg syndrome. Why do you think Seroquel was the ONLY drug given to inmates and psych ward patients and patients in "the system" for years prior to 2016 for no diagnosable reason? It's because the patent didn't expire until 2016 and only brand name was available which means more $$$$$...

Sorry to divert and I'm not bashing you, however, the OP isn't feeling 70mgs of SPEED...I doubt it will cause him/her mania.

Wow, to think 5mg for me a day was too much haha. The drugs you listed may very well be blocking the effects of adderall given that cariprazine occupies a number of dopamine receptors, it also stabilizes sodium channels so that excitation cannot take place along with increasing activity at GABA receptors. Like others asked before, what's the reasoning behind being prescribed the adderall? It would be interesting to see if you had the same (non) reaction to something like methylphenidate.

Last edited:
Yes, this my first amphetamine. Thanks for all the info. I'm thinking my problem could also just be that xr sucks. Honestly, I think I do everything else right. Drink tons of water. No acidic foods at all. Always take on empty stomach. Plenty of sleep. Eat plenty of recommended foods, i.e. Almonds, avocados, etc...

Good grief. I don't know what I was thinking. I meant to say ADHD, not Bipolar. I guess I just supported the case for ADHD, huh? I can't believe I did that! Sorry guys!

^ If you're given anti-seizure medication because you seize, it is not harm reduction to talk about taking amphetamines.

What? Your doctor gives you drugs for schizophrenia bipolar or seizures for adhd

Especially the latter drug is a very odd choice. I've seen doctors hand out lamictal for almost anything but cariprazine for ADHD? You might want to get a second opinion. The only thing I can find is it possibly works in the animal model for ADHD which is a huge stretch to start prescribing it to humans.