• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ive got a false positive

theWHOmot

Greenlighter
Hello guys..here's my deal.I am currently seeing a suboxone doctor since January. I've been only taking the sub since then and I get urine tested every time I go. They do the eye test there and then send it to a lab. I go every month now BUT to start I had to go for a month straight and then every two weeks for a month each time paying 150bucks cash. Yesterday my doctor wasn't there and he talked to us over the phone while we were at his office. My test paper showed that I was positive for bupe(suboxone) and methadone metabolite. I only took methadone twice in my life and it's been years. It didn't show that I was positive for methadone because that part was negative. It just showed positive for the metabolite. He said that maybe I still had some methadone in my system. I told him that I've only taken sub since I've been going there. Sub is all I want and all I need. I would never risk losing my monthly for anything but especially not methadone. He went ahead and gave me my months worth. I got home and looked up false positive for methadone metabolite and it said that benadryl taken at doses of 100mgs or higher can cause that. I take betwe n 100 and 150 mgs of benadryl about 4 Times a week to help me sleep. I told him that I take benadryl while I was on the phone with him but he said benadryl shows up as benadryl. It wasn't until I got home and researched that I found that high doses of benadryl causes false positive to methadone metabolite because they look similar. I am not a scientist but I know I didn't take anything other than sub and benadryl. Sorry for the novel but I want you guys to know the whole story. The doctor said he would look into it when he gets back. I'm gonna stop taking so much benadryl but it sucks that I've worked so hard to keep on this path to have a positive test show up. Of course I look guilty and I mean I can't blame anyone for thinking that but I know what I've done. I heard methadone makes you really sick when taking it with sub. I think they use shitty labs too. What should I do if my doc tries to make something of this? Oh yeah the urine test I gave for the sample in question wasn't one of my best. Meaning I didn't pee that much because I had went before I got there and I didn't have a lot left so it wasn't as much and as clear ad usual.edit: I also was taking a prohormone by blackstone labs called brutal 4ce which is a precursor to testosterone along with super dmz 2.0 which contains methylstenbolone and dmz which are two designer steroids. I stopped taking them but I couldn't find any info on them causing false positives.

Last edited:
I know it's a long post but I just wanted to see if anybody has had a false positive before and if they are really rare?

I had a false positive for marijuana on probation. I went to a hospital for out patient treatment three days later. I tested negative. I made sure they rubbed it in the PO face. I have no idea what set the false positive off.

If I were you, I would get all the false positive paper work you can off internet. Even if doctor don't care, it makes you look good and innocent. Admit you sometimes use Benadryl. Try to be honest. It will work out. I'm sure a few things set off false positives.

Thanks ... It's a weird situation. I take more benadryl than the average person...ALOT more...it helps me sleep but I'm gonna cut back.

False positives like yours are only false in sense that they are correlating the results with a different substance than the actual one. TLDR; their test is probably ghetto and they know it. If they did nor do an immediate retest well that says something right there.

Hello guys..here's my deal.I am currently seeing a suboxone doctor since January. I've been only taking the sub since then and I get urine tested every time I go. They do the eye test there and then send it to a lab. I go every month now BUT to start I had to go for a month straight and then every two weeks for a month each time paying 150bucks cash. Yesterday my doctor wasn't there and he talked to us over the phone while we were at his office. My test paper showed that I was positive for bupe(suboxone) and methadone metabolite. I only took methadone twice in my life and it's been years. It didn't show that I was positive for methadone because that part was negative. It just showed positive for the metabolite. He said that maybe I still had some methadone in my system. I told him that I've only taken sub since I've been going there. Sub is all I want and all I need. I would never risk losing my monthly for anything but especially not methadone. He went ahead and gave me my months worth. I got home and looked up false positive for methadone metabolite and it said that benadryl taken at doses of 100mgs or higher can cause that. I take betwe n 100 and 150 mgs of benadryl about 4 Times a week to help me sleep. I told him that I take benadryl while I was on the phone with him but he said benadryl shows up as benadryl. It wasn't until I got home and researched that I found that high doses of benadryl causes false positive to methadone metabolite because they look similar. I am not a scientist but I know I didn't take anything other than sub and benadryl. Sorry for the novel but I want you guys to know the whole story. The doctor said he would look into it when he gets back. I'm gonna stop taking so much benadryl but it sucks that I've worked so hard to keep on this path to have a positive test show up. Of course I look guilty and I mean I can't blame anyone for thinking that but I know what I've done. I heard methadone makes you really sick when taking it with sub. I think they use shitty labs too. What should I do if my doc tries to make something of this? Oh yeah the urine test I gave for the sample in question wasn't one of my best. Meaning I didn't pee that much because I had went before I got there and I didn't have a lot left so it wasn't as much and as clear ad usual.edit: I also was taking a prohormone by blackstone labs called brutal 4ce which is a precursor to testosterone along with super dmz 2.0 which contains methylstenbolone and dmz which are two designer steroids. I stopped taking them but I couldn't find any info on them causing false positives.

Well they send the urine sample off to some lab in Texas. It's not labcorp. I knew that sample would be weird because I didn't pete much as usual and wasn't as hydrated.

If you had already peed that day there will be less concentrations of metabolites in it. The most metabolite heavy urine is the first urine of the day.

Some weightlifting supplements will cause false positives. Be mindful of taking those. Also, I am sure you will be getting another test, and chances are you will pee clean. Generally the doctor is going to be looking for a pattern of use that is no good. My experience is if you constantly have a problem with your urine you will have problems with your doctor, but once in a blue moon is acceptable. Just remember why you are doing this and don't let it get you down.