i've been using steroids since i was 18 non stop, did my face change?

golanchik

Greenlighter
when i was 18 me and my buddy did a cycle of test prop @ 525mg a week for 10 weeks. we blew up. then we came off and shrunk.

we decided to juice again a few months later for the summer. i was on that same dose of test, and a month later i got on some tren, i got up to 700mg a week of tren with 350mg test prop a week, and stayed on that dose for like 3-4 months. i looked fucking insane.

then i came off the tren, and said to myself why the hell would i come off test if im just gonna get back on it a few months later. so thats it i decided to cruise and i've been on since april 2012. damn lol.

i came off a month ago, and with the help of clomid and HCG, my levels are completely normal. i barely lost any hair, barely had acne, never had ED. steroids have been good to me

but heres my question. when i was 16 i had a round face. not chiseled at all. and now my face is ridiculously chiseled i have such heavy features. thick brow bone, strong jaw, big high cheekbones, big chin and i look NOTHING like the person on my license.

i look just a bit older than 21 now and people say i have a very rugged masculine look. i was always a bit of a late bloomer, so do you think taking all these hormones at such a young age while still developing had a significant impact on my development? i mean yeah i got tren face when i was taking that stuff but it went away when i came off, but do you think the test has done anything since ive been on it for 2 and a half years? oh yeah i still cant grow a full beard lol but neither can my 29 year old brother

when i was 18 me and my buddy did a cycle of test prop @ 525mg a week for 10 weeks. we blew up. then we came off and shrunk.

we decided to juice again a few months later for the summer. i was on that same dose of test, and a month later i got on some tren, i got up to 700mg a week of tren with 350mg test prop a week, and stayed on that dose for like 3-4 months. i looked fucking insane.

then i came off the tren, and said to myself why the hell would i come off test if im just gonna get back on it a few months later. so thats it i decided to cruise and i've been on since april 2012. damn lol.

i came off a month ago, and with the help of clomid and HCG, my levels are completely normal. i barely lost any hair, barely had acne, never had ED. steroids have been good to me

but heres my question. when i was 16 i had a round face. not chiseled at all. and now my face is ridiculously chiseled i have such heavy features. thick brow bone, strong jaw, big high cheekbones, big chin and i look NOTHING like the person on my license.

i look just a bit older than 21 now and people say i have a very rugged masculine look. i was always a bit of a late bloomer, so do you think taking all these hormones at such a young age while still developing had a significant impact on my development? i mean yeah i got tren face when i was taking that stuff but it went away when i came off, but do you think the test has done anything since ive been on it for 2 and a half years? oh yeah i still cant grow a full beard lol but neither can my 29 year old brother

4 weeks isn't long enough for the endocrine system to return to normal after being on AAS for so long... hCG will only cause further suppression if used at the same time as clomid/nolvadex... Its pretty useless as part of PCT..!!

I've only known hGH cause growth issues to facial features..!! AAS and subsequent aromatization could cause premature epiphyseal growth plate closure in long bones..

4 weeks isn't long enough for the endocrine system to return to normal after being on AAS for so long... hCG will only cause further suppression if used at the same time as clomid/nolvadex... Its pretty useless as part of PCT..!!

I've only known hGH cause growth issues to facial features..!! AAS and subsequent aromatization could cause premature epiphyseal growth plate closure in long bones..
i used hcg alone then i started using clomid. and ur saying that these insane amounts of androgen has absolutely no impact on my development ???

i used hcg alone then i started using clomid. and ur saying that these insane amounts of androgen has absolutely no impact on my development ???

1g/week is hardly insane by todays standards.. Androgens aren't normally associated with bone growth...

Itiis quite high though for somebody without hgh or without many years of juicing

Your face changes as you get older. I started gear at eighteen. I never came off. Tren sucks your face in. I can't say if it changes your bone structure but it seems to change the face. Chisels the jaw line and sucks in fat. I like the look personally I used to have a fat face. However I don't know if it's from aging or gear use. Your still pretty young. However look at the face of any 24 year old and compare it to a 17-18 year old.

Your face changes as you get older. I started gear at eighteen. I never came off. Tren sucks your face in. I can't say if it changes your bone structure but it seems to change the face. Chisels the jaw line and sucks in fat. I like the look personally I used to have a fat face. However I don't know if it's from aging or gear use. Your still pretty young. However look at the face of any 24 year old and compare it to a 17-18 year old.
i think all those hormones had SOME impact on his development dont you think? look at all the gear he was taking at such a young age. and at 18 you are still technically going through puberty

Last edited:
Yeah I'd agree with that. Those hormones just amplify the effect of puberty Id imagine. I just can't give a definite answer as to how much it makes your face change.

Androgens increase bone mass, and the rest gets complicated. Estrogens are shown to be ultimately responsible for epiphyseal growth plate closure, and there are increasing occurrences of AI use in teenagers to increase final height by delaying growth plate closure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15877010 said:
Androgens, like estrogens, stimulate endochondral bone formation at the start of puberty, whereas they induce epiphyseal closure at the end of puberty, thus, they have a biphasic effect. Androgen action on the growth plate is, however, clearly mediated via aromatization into estrogens and interaction with ER alpha. Androgens increase, while estrogens decrease radial growth. This differential effect of the sex steroids may be important because bone strength in males seems to be determined by higher periosteal bone formation and, therefore, greater bone dimensions. Experiments in mice suggest that both the AR and ER alpha pathways are involved in androgen action on radial bone growth.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16766117 said:
During puberty in both sexes, the mechanism involved in epiphyseal fusion is mediated by the action of estrogen through a cascade of events including proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis of chondrocytes. The enzyme P450 aromatase catalyzes the aromatization of C19 androgens (androstenedione and testosterone) to C18 estrogens (estrone and estradiol). Inhibition of estrogen action by aromatase inhibitors (AIs) appears to decelerate the process of growth plate fusion, and thus AIs may be used therapeutically to increase adult height.

The latter is just an overview, and there are plenty of human studies and results on PubMed

It is very curious whether androgens and synthetic androgenic steroids could increase longitudinal growth, whether or not estrogen induced growth plate closures were delayed. Also curious whether other increases in bone density would be more permanent and change the baseline for bone shape and mass, so to speak.

Androgens increase bone mass, and the rest gets complicated. Estrogens are shown to be ultimately responsible for epiphyseal growth plate closure, and there are increasing occurrences of AI use in teenagers to increase final height by delaying growth plate closure.

The latter is just an overview, and there are plenty of human studies and results on PubMed

It is very curious whether androgens and synthetic androgenic steroids could increase longitudinal growth, whether or not estrogen induced growth plate closures were delayed. Also curious whether other increases in bone density would be more permanent and change the baseline for bone shape and mass, so to speak.

Just because estrogens mediate growth plate closure doesn't mean androgens would be responsible for long bone growth...

Just because estrogens mediate growth plate closure doesn't mean androgens would be responsible for long bone growth...

Good point. Was only guessing at that, based on height differences between males and females. But there does seem to be a direct correlation:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6472150 said:
Peak differences in estrogen levels were observed at similar ages. Whereas peak differences in androgens were positively correlated with those for height, a negative correlation was found for estrogen. This implies that somatic growth is a secondary sex characteristic facilitated by androgens and inhibited by estrogens.

Additionally, the study described below implicates testosterone and DHT supplementation with increased height velocity, and finds growth hormone to not be as significant with starting pubertal growth spurts as previously thought. The whole block of text on pubmed is a good read, as it shows more data regarding effects of testosterone vs DHT during puberty, albeit with boys who were delayed. We know, however, that test injections at supraphysiological levels would very likely have a negative impact on length of puberty due to aromatasion and estrogen induced growth plate closure:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473416 said:
...the increase in GH at puberty in males appears to be due to an estrogen-dependent mechanism. The suppressive effect of DHT on GH secretion may be due to either suppression of estradiol production or a direct effect. Acceleration of HV into the peak pubertal range by DHT without an increase in plasma GH suggests that an increase in GH is not necessary for the pubertal growth spurt.

Osteoblasts are bone building cells, they synthesise and secrete collagen fibres and other organic components needed to build the extracellular matrix of bone tissue...

Factors affecting bone growth and bone remodelling include minerals, vitamins, and hormones, if we look more specifically at hormones:

Normal bone metabolism in the young and bone remodelling in adults are influenced by several hormonal factors: IGF's stimulate osteoblasts, promote cell division at the epiphyseal plate and in the periosteum, and enhance synthesis of proteins needed to build new bone.. IGF's are produced in response to hGH... T-3 & T-4 promote bone growth by stimulating osteoblasts, in addition insulin increases the synthesis of bone growth proteins..

Estrogens in both sexes, shut down growth at epiphyseal plates, causing elongation of bones to cease, this is a different process to remodelling..(which is constant throughout adulthood)...

Within limits bone has the ability to alter its strength in response to changes in mechanical stress.. When placed under stress, bone tissue becomes stronger through increased deposition of mineral salts and production of collagen fibres by osteoblasts.. Without mechanical stress, bone does not remodel normally because bone re-absorption occurs more quickly than bone formation..

So in answer to the original question on the possibility of facial remodelling due to androgens, I think it is highly unlikely due to minimal (if any) mechanical stresses exerted upon facial features.....

waht about all those female bodybuilders to take steroids, they end up looking like men. i refuse to believe that the amounts of steroids i was steadily on while i was still developing had 0 permanent physical impact

waht about all those female bodybuilders to take steroids, they end up looking like men. i refuse to believe that the amounts of steroids i was steadily on while i was still developing had 0 permanent physical impact[/QUOTE

You've had the science explained, plus anecdotal evidence from others with over 30+ years AAS use... Believe as you wish..!!

On a side note if a male during puberty was to take an at such as letro which is aswwe know extremely potent, howwwould that affect their development??

On a side note if a male during puberty was to take an at such as letro which is aswwe know extremely potent, how would that affect their development??

It can halt estrogenic effects on epiphyseal growth plates... Its a treatment used in younger patients with underdeveloped growth..

What if this was used in a normal teen without any issueswwould they in theory grow taller?