• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants I've been on effexor for a year, and meth has been my worst choice

IcyVirus

Greenlighter
Preface: I made a post before, but I think I pinpointed why I'm feelin the way I am after my meth abuse

I take effexor with an antipsychotic(Zyprexa, bc I'm bipolar2 and the Zyprexa keeps me stable while effexor effectively treats most of my depression and relieves me of endless intense anxiety) and a couple months ago I got offered to hit the meth pipe. Guess what my dumb ass did? Hell fuckin yeah brother.

Nah but yeah here I am now, soon I'll be comin up on my 3rd week daily taking meth. I usually smoke or oral dose like 30-40mg a day max, a lot of days I only hit my pipe a few times and don't redose(so I don't feel like fucking dying from being off meth but also to lessen the tolerance/psychological dependence I'm giving myself)

A couple times I took closer to 100mg in a night. Never good for me, just a big burn out and intense comedown.

Anyway yeah, the symptoms my medications were relieving seem to come back even worse than they were before when I go a day or two without meth.

I feel really trapped here, and I'm hoping to stop when I run out of this half gram. Could take a while for me to finish it or maybe I'll let friends smoke it idc.

I gotta work. I can't be in an endless state of agonizing anxiety, hopelessness, loneliness, depression, thought loops, that typa shit. For idek how many days? Could be a couple, maybe it diminishes over a week.

What would you suggest for a person in this kind of spot? I'm bad at handling intense mental pain. It isn't a normal level of pain, either. Physically I can push through, I can take some wellbutrin and it helps me not drag ass.

Don't worry after the 3rd week of binging on meth on and off you will soon get bored of doing it because you won't get high anymore and you depleted all of you're dopamine..

Don't worry after the 3rd week of binging on meth on and off you will soon get bored of doing it because you won't get high anymore and you depleted all of you're dopamine..

No doubt honestly lmao, already just gettin sick of the constant ups and downs and the stress I can feel it putting on my mind and body.

I see a way out, I don't struggle with heavy cravings but I'd lie if I said they aren't there lol.

Ima just go to using every other day, see how that does for a short period, then further decrease. Then jump off, I don't wanna take too long to jump off so I won't increase my chance of breaking the taper (which I know is super fuckin easy) and am able to jump off with a little more mild intensity of psychological pain tbh. If I don't, the psychological pain from continuing using I know will wear me personally down.

Hopefully I ain't sayin all this just to fail lmao but who knows

Get some benzos to help in short term - and get exercise and find things to take your mind off your cravings and other troublesome mental thoughts.

Once you stop completely you’ll need 2-3 days downtime to get functional again (benzos for that). Once you get through that starts the exercise. Don’t lie around obsessing over your cravings

Get some benzos to help in short term - and get exercise and find things to take your mind off your cravings and other troublesome mental thoughts.

Once you stop completely you’ll need 2-3 days downtime to get functional again (benzos for that). Once you get through that starts the exercise. Don’t lie around obsessing over your cravings

Benzos are a brilliant idea in my case. I have used them plenty and responsibly, in one or two or three day increments.

I'm into my 4th month now of daily use, with probably 18 hours being the longest stretch without it. It's too readily available where i live and the zoloft im on im pretty sure contributed to it. When i used in my 20's i was never able to keep going and remain mostly productive like this. But now my brain is starting to feel like caca :poop:

You should stop now while you only have a few weeks in.

Last edited:
No doubt honestly lmao, already just gettin sick of the constant ups and downs and the stress I can feel it putting on my mind and body.

I see a way out, I don't struggle with heavy cravings but I'd lie if I said they aren't there lol.

Ima just go to using every other day, see how that does for a short period, then further decrease. Then jump off, I don't wanna take too long to jump off so I won't increase my chance of breaking the taper (which I know is super fuckin easy) and am able to jump off with a little more mild intensity of psychological pain tbh. If I don't, the psychological pain from continuing using I know will wear me personally down.

Don't worry after 6 days of not using you won't crave that much. If you think about the side effects meth does to you're heart then you will want to quit !
All of December 2019 I did meth only took 2 days off that whole month but was non stop doing meth then after a while I notice my heart beat was beating weird and fast . I realized I can't keep doing that to my heart anymore. So on December 30th till now I've been sober and just smoking weed. This whole month . I quit meth cold turkey. I'm not going back . I had my fun, I advise you to quit as well . Smoking THC wax or bomb ass weed helps me pass time and enjoy the little things in life. You should try replacing the meth with some hash. You could quit meth bro don't worry about it. God bless you.

I'm into my 4th month now of daily use, with probably 18 hours being the longest stretch without it. It's too readily available where i live and the zoloft im on im pretty sure contributed to it. When i used in my 20's i was never able to keep going and remain mostly productive like this. But now my brain is starting to feel like caca :poop:

You should stop now while you only have a few weeks in.

Ya I stopped this entire month so far I've been sober. But man the dreams I had when I was sleeping on meth seemed so fuckin real .It was crazy because I'm still having realistic dreams while being sober and just smoking weed. I took a 6 week break off weed and smoked some a couple days ago and it got me lifted like a dank ass bitch .
I have found a new appreciation in THC especially now since I started fuckin with Wax . I smoked a dab of wax this morning and it made me feel 😊 happy and joyful.

You can quit meth I have faith in you.
If I could do it , then you can do it as well.

Remember only fuck big bad bitches who like to party hard my friend. Stay sharp. Stay frosty.

450x340 (3).jpg

What is your all high like when you use for a month or more straight?

After a couple of days, doing more seems pointless to me. But, there is obviously something Im missed because many people use daily.

I realize tolerance plays a roll but it still seems like I would feel beyond terrible after using for even two week. My brain function would be fucked and physically I'd be a jittery mess.

Can anyone tell me why they like daily use of meth? Whats it like dosage, eating, sleeping, acting like a normal person?

After a couple of days, doing more seems pointless to me. But, there is obviously something Im missed because many people use daily.

I realize tolerance plays a roll but it still seems like I would feel beyond terrible after using for even two week. My brain function would be fucked and physically I'd be a jittery mess.

Can anyone tell me why they like daily use of meth? Whats it like dosage, eating, sleeping, acting like a normal person?

I've been using daily for a few weeks now, I can't get to any kind of high dosage because past a smallish amount it just doesn't do me well. Terrible comedown, my heart beats fast and I feel uncomfortable in general.

So I hit the pipe once or twice a day, I try for once a day a little under half the days. Hit the pipe anywhere from 3 to 10 times. A couple times I went closer to 100mg in one night and it just was not fuckin fun.

Anyway yeah, I check my tolerance and also accept when I'm not high and fight the urge to compulsively hit my pipe.

I don't eat as much as I should but still do it daily because I feel shitty if I don't, especially at work. I keep hydrated for the most part. I've been takin vitamins, I think magnesium is very important at least for me because of the God damn muscle tension and shit.

I sleep well almost every night, past couple nights I slept over 8 hours, 2 nights ago I slept for damn near 12 hours. My antipsychotic helps but I don't even need to take it to sleep every night.

I don't know if it's because I have ADHD or not, but I really don't act much different. I kinda tap my hands/feet if I dose more than I expected to. I've never been jittery tbh. First week I noticed I was a lil too amped up but that stopped. My antidepressant also dampens the effects, but sadly adds some strain to my heart.

You basically start eating and sleeping like normal again so you dont really ever come down in the same sense. After the first week, it's easy. The problem is that thats usually when the euphoria packs up and deserts you. You still get high, but like i said before its like its juuust enough to keep you hanging on. Like i still get that hyper focused effect and general mood lift but that GLOWING feeling was gone after a few days.
You also start to get super particular about quality for obvious reasons. Any drop in it you're gonna notice immediately and it can mess with your head.
So yeah, it gets easy if you have a consistant supply and are able to deal with eventually losing the best part of the high. Am i going to claim i feel physically just as healthy as before i started? Fuck no. But it doesnt mean you automatically turn into a skeletal zombie like popular belief.

Last edited:

Important fact I just found out . If you take 11 days off of meth you get most of you're dopamine back by 90%. Today I just did a line of meth after taking 11 days off and it got me high like the first time I did meth. I only snort it. After taking 11 days off and snorting a decent fat line of meth I can confidently say you will get high again after taking 11 days off. The key is just smoke weed for 11 days , that should keep you occupied. Then when the 11 days has past on the 12th day snort a line and I promise you , you will get high again. All that taking 2 months off to get you're dopamine back is bullshit. It takes less then 2 weeks to get you're dopamine back.
Also another thing I found out that was bullshit is when people say if you keep using without dopamine in you're brain then you will damage you're dopamine receptors.
That is a pure bullshit because all of December I had no dopamine because I wasted it all on the 28th of November and was chasing the euphoric high for all December and did not take any breaks and snorted fat lines of meth everyday last month , but today I snorted a small decent fat line of some cheap meth and it got me high as fuck and I feel very euphoric. So the real key is taking 11 day breaks. And last month I was simply just snorting meth to get stimulated because I had no dopamine because I used allot on the 28th of November and I remember trying to get high again on the 1st of December and couldn't achieve the euphoric rush . But on December 28th I stopped using and today I finally snorted my first line since the 28th of December 2019 and it got me fuckin high and euphoric.