• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV subutex/bupe effects over time.

Ilove2nod

Bluelighter
I have been on subs and have taken all suboxone, subutex, and zubsolv every way possible on and off but mostly on, for the past 5 years or so and here is what I have to say about my experience with all the different ROAs for anyone interested.

I originally was scripted 8mg suboxone stop signs. I stuck with just taking them as prescribed at no more than 8mg a day, I did originally start at 16mg a day, but only took that much sub one maybe two times before realizing, also reading about and hearing from others that less was more with subs, so I just stuck with 8mg a day under the tongue for a few months. Then after doing tons of research into buprenorphine I figured out that suboxone was basically the same as just taking regular bupe, as the naloxone was rendered useless, since the bupe overpowered it so much and had the higher binding affinity to the opiate receptors than the tiny amount of naloxone in them, and it was just a big scare tactic to steer people away from abusing it. I also figured out that ironically taking it sublingually, offered the lowest BA besides swallowing it whole(which is next to nothing), with a BA of something like ~32%, meaning I was only getting roughly 32% of the pill that way sometimes a bit more or less. After all this research I became curious and I then tried sniffing it, in small doses of like anywhere from 0.5mg to 2mg, and the first time I did, I was blown away by how much different it made me feel! seriously, it was an actual feeling I began to like a lot, that I never got from taking it as directed, kicked in almost immediately instead of having to wait for it to dissolve under my tongue forever, and felt much more powerful. So that became the only ROA I would do subs, not only for the higher ~54% BA, but for the fact that it saved me a ton of sub, and I was able to stockpile them by using like 1/4 to 1/2 as much as I was originally!

This continued for about another year-year and a half, with a few dope vacations very occasionally when I had a lot of money to blow, then I tried something new. As much as I loved the feeling I got from railing subs, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with plugging it. So I went ahead and got an insulin syringe from a friend of mine, pulled the needle off of it, and went for it and HOLY SHIT! Literally! lol. I got the most amazing feeling I had since doing a full agonist, felt a lot like oxy but a little different maybe almost a little like morphine too, about 2-5 mins after plugging it, I was laying on my bed, nodding out peacefully to some really chill 311 song, I believe it was "Eons" if I remember right, while feeling all warm, fuzzy, even a tad itchy. It almost felt like an entirely new opiate I had never experienced before. It truly was incredible! Like up there with doing my first shot of dope kind of incredible, believe it or not. So I stuck with plugging for the next year more or less and while it continued to be the best ROA I had found yet, it like most other drugs, became less and less powerful feeling each time, but still beat sublingual by a long shot, and well I was starting to really become curious about injecting sub IV as I had been injecting full agonists a while before getting on subs. So I got some new rigs and went for it! And again, wow, I felt an overwhelming sensation of happiness, was warm and fuzzy, nodding out, much like the first experience with plugging it, just a bit stronger. Kept doing it that way and never turned back...

Then I had to switch sub docs, which actually turned out to be in my favor as my old doc wouldn't prescribe subutex at all, but my new doc immediately switched me from the generic suboxone tabs I had been taking for so long, to my now beloved subutex, as it was so much cheaper and I had to pay out of pocket at the pharmacy since my insurance didn't cover bupe of any kind. Anyways, I kept plugging it, and it was still amazing like with the suboxone, actually a bit more than with the suboxone. I know there is supposed to be no difference in the feeling between the two but to me there is, even if it is slight, it just feels less dirty to me to iv, and has an overall smoother nicer feeling. So ever since being on subutex I haven't even once taken it sublingually, just slammed it 95% of the time, and the other 5 plugged it or railed it due to running out of fresh rigs to use. And I can honestly say, to this day after what has now been like 2 years on the dot of being on subutex, I still get the same feeling as I first did almost every time I slam it!!! It is the only full or partial agonist opioid that I haven't gained any tolerance to! I do anywhere from 6-8mg a day 3-4 times a day IV, in 1 to mostly 2mg shots. I am truly addicted to subs now, but I feel like its better even IV to do subs, than go out and get dope, especially with all the bad fentanyl laced shit out there these days! I really actually prefer subs, having an ample supply, legally at all times rather than the totally unpredictable dope game and all the bs along with it.

I was just in the mood to share my long time experience with buprenorphine and also see how many other people on here IV their bupe? If so what form of bupe is it suboxone, subutex, zubsolv, or what? How much do you do at a time, per day? and do you get a nice feeling, like I seem to almost everytime? I also would like to mention I always get a better, stronger feeling the longer I wait between shots and also when I hit a new vein I haven't touched before! Its weird but true!

I know some other people who do or have done bupe IV and either love it like me and get an actual feeling from it that way, and some who don't notice it being any different than sub'l, sniffing, etc. and just do it that way to save money, since you need a lot less bupe with IV having nearly a 100% BA. Just curious to see how my experience with IV bupe compares to everyone elses!

Yeah you get the 100% BA, but let me tell you, IV'ing it will trash the fuck out of your veins. If you happen to miss especially the vein will harden and likely collapse. I have like no veins in my arms left, not really from IV heroin use, but IV bupe use destroyed my shit.

True, you are right. But luckily since I am able to use clean rigs when I do it, and practice this technique as safe as possible, I have avoided ruining most of my veins... I wont lie, when I first started doing this and wasn't as experienced as I am now with inecting subs, with suboxone generic tabs, I did blow out a couple veins, one in my left lower bicep that was really nice before I started using it and another on the top side of my forearm that was also very nice, both are now completely buried and unable to be found. Other than that I still have tons of good veins and I have managed to get this down to a science and if I register in a vein I don't normally use since I like to rotate sites and if i feel the slightest burn at like 5 units being pushed in, I immediately find another vein. But it is definitely no fun to miss a whole shot, it hurts like a bitch, fucks up that vein (sometimes permanently), and wastes your bupe. Its a no win situation for sure when that happens. An I know in the long term it cant be good for you, even with micron filters, which unfortunately I am not able to obtain at the moment, though if I had the means to do so I surely would use them, I do however filter multiple times through sterile cottons and keep everything as sanitarty as possible that involves prepping and shooting the bupe.

And I didn't make this thread to recommend people who take sub normally or thru any other ROA than IV, to start IVing bupe in no way! By all means don't do it if you haven't already started! Really I just made to share my perspective on it and my experience with it, and to see how it effects others on here who also IV their bupe, as surely I am not the only one...

I am not sure how it is with all formulations of sub, but IV'ing the films has definitely pulverized my veins. My body has formulated new ones, but they are thin and frail, not like the fat juicy pipelines that ran down my arm. I am pretty sure the citric acid in them has a lot to do with it. It's corrosive to your veins, especially when you happen to miss. Even just a few units sux bad. Heh. It's about as harmful as shooting crack w/ vinegar. Maybe even slightly worse.

It sux that it's the best ROA and most effective for me. Lol.

I am not sure how it is with all formulations of sub, but IV'ing the films has definitely pulverized my veins. My body has formulated new ones, but they are thin and frail, not like the fat juicy pipelines that ran down my arm. I am pretty sure the citric acid in them has a lot to do with it. It's corrosive to your veins, especially when you happen to miss. Even just a few units sux bad. Heh. It's about as harmful as shooting crack w/ vinegar. Maybe even slightly worse.

It sux that it's the best ROA and most effective for me. Lol.
Oh yeah I have heard those strips are not good to bang. The first script I got with the strips from my old doctor was the last time I got those again. I hated those things even sublingually taking them. They would always get stuck to the roof of my mouth or somewhere besides the underside of my tongue sometimes my teeth.. and it was not like you could reposition them with your fingers because then they'd get stuck to my fingers lol. I asked immediately to be back on the pill form. Then they stopped making the actual brand name suboxone and I was switched to those actavis white suboxones with the moon on them... those were the best suboxone I had to this day, almost just like subutex. Luckily I get subutex now, and those are the best for IV. If you are still slamming them you might want to consider asking to be put on the pill form of suboxone... even zubsolv is nicer than the strips, though it has less bupe in it and it supposedly is only equipotent but only when taken sublingual, however it feels equipotent sniffing and IV as I have done them all 3 ways. IDK any other buprenorphine product(excluding the patches) beats the strips for IV, as far as harm reduction is concerned... I didn't even know the strips had citric acid in them!! That cant be good for your veins.

Yeah, either way you put it for the harm reduction, bupe is definitely most efficient thru IV use absolutely, but the complications suck, and it should be avoided all the way around, most certainly.

I accidentally injected 1mg of an 8mg strip directly into my radial artery one time, and HOLY FUCK !! That was painfully CRAZY. I had to go to the ER for that one. They told me I should be OK, because by the time I made it there (the next morning, NOT SMART) the swelling subsided 95%, and my digits were not changing colors or doing any weird stuff, but my index finger and the arch between it and my thumb were very stiff still, and that pain slowly subsided over a couple weeks. Felt like someone smashed it with a hammer, or took that area and twisted it around. Very bad. But lucky for me, it seems I have recovered fully from that. I have the whole story posted in one of the complications or "it could happen to YOU" thread. I know for a fact I have vein complications whether they are collapsed, thrombosed, phlebitis, varicose, who knows. I just know my vascular system isn't looking so hot any more, thanks to IVing subs.

I have never tried plugging them, you were saying you just mix it up like a normal shot, take a rig, draw it up or backload it, remove the needle and shoot it into your kiester? Lol. Sorry, I don't have any experience plugging anything at all. I just hate anything being inserted into my rectum. I couldn't even take it the couple times doctors had to stick a finger up there upon examinations I have had for gastrointestinal related issues. I don't see how homosexuals enjoy such things. *** NO OFFENSE TOWARDS HOMOSEXUALS AT ALL SORRY *** I am interested in giving it a try though, because I really want to try avoiding booting subs as much as possible, and if I can find a different ROA that offers close to the same relief per amount used, I'm game.

I used to be scripted bupe, but my insurance quit covering them for me because I had a couple failed UAs and my doctor and/or his staff did not submit a taper plan to them. I want to get back into a maintenance program, but I would lose my klonopin prescription, and I do not want to lose those, because they are great for my social anxiety, panic attacks, and general anxiety disorder.

Yeah I also take klonopin, my sub doc prescribes them to me. I don't think I could live without them, they have made quality of life so much better, I used to be super shy and had trouble making conversation with people, eye contact, all the typical social anxiety issues, not to mention I just have terrible anxiety in general. Idk that's probably why I like bupe so much now, because those two combined feel great to me, I cant have one without the other theses days.

And also that sucks about you hitting an artery and all the shit that came along with it, I am sure that was awful. Ouch! Have heard some horror stories about things like that, but yeah that sounds like it was a terrible experience. The worst pain I have ever had from injecting was from shooting crack and missing more than half the shot. I used fucking lemon juice to break it down mixed with water to dilute it, not only did I basically throw a whole 20 slab away from the miss but it BURNED so bad! and my whole arm turned red! That area started turning purplish red where I injected it and needless to say I blew that vein for good, thankfully the redness and nasty looking purplish spot where I missed, went away the same night, but it hurt to touch that area for weeks. That was the last time I ever IVed crack for good! ill stick to smoking it from now on, but rarely even bother with it anymore at all...

And yes, plugging is very easy and efficient with sub. It is most definitely the next best ROA to injecting either IV/IM. (never IMed anything though.) Anyways, back to plugging... Yes you go about prepping it as you would to iv, I use a medium sized spoon, put the amount of bupe you want to plug in there, whatever you normally IV I would say use about the same or maybe a half mg more or so, I always use about 60 units per 2mg of bupe or 30 for 1mg of bupe, let it dissolve in the liquid solution or stir it for a bit just like IV, and using either an oral syringe or needless syringe of any sort(I usually use a 1ml insulin rig with the needle ripped out), pull up the solution in the rig, doesn't have to be filtered either, the smaller the rig the better as it is less of a bother to stick up the ass! I don't particularly enjoy this either lol, it is definitely awkward feeling when you insert it, but just lube it up with some KY jelly or something similar and push the plunger when it is inserted about 2" inside, with the rig positioned at a slight angle towards the wall of your rectum, that allows for quicker abortion and a fast onset IME. It is definitely worth a try, and basically harmless as far as I know, no more harmful than taking it sublingually... Also when doing this I usually lay on my left side, and also have the rig pointed toward the left side of the wall of my ass lol and stay laying in that position after I pull it out for about 5-10 mins just to make sure I don't lose any from leakage. Also you will definitely want to take a dump before doing this, or you will lose most of it in your shit if you don't, so make sure your bowels are cleared out. That is how I do it and I know for a fact the way I do it works really well. Let me know if you have anymore questions about this.

Yeah I also take klonopin, my sub doc prescribes them to me. I don't think I could live without them, they have made quality of life so much better, I used to be super shy and had trouble making conversation with people, eye contact, all the typical social anxiety issues, not to mention I just have terrible anxiety in general. Idk that's probably why I like bupe so much now, because those two combined feel great to me, I cant have one without the other theses days.

And also that sucks about you hitting an artery and all the shit that came along with it, I am sure that was awful. Ouch! Have heard some horror stories about things like that, but yeah that sounds like it was a terrible experience. The worst pain I have ever had from injecting was from shooting crack and missing more than half the shot. I used fucking lemon juice to break it down mixed with water to dilute it, not only did I basically throw a whole 20 slab away from the miss but it BURNED so bad! and my whole arm turned red! That area started turning purplish red where I injected it and needless to say I blew that vein for good, thankfully the redness and nasty looking purplish spot where I missed, went away the same night, but it hurt to touch that area for weeks. That was the last time I ever IVed crack for good! ill stick to smoking it from now on, but rarely even bother with it anymore at all...

And yes, plugging is very easy and efficient with sub. It is most definitely the next best ROA to injecting either IV/IM. (never IMed anything though.) Anyways, back to plugging... Yes you go about prepping it as you would to iv, I use a medium sized spoon, put the amount of bupe you want to plug in there, whatever you normally IV I would say use about the same or maybe a half mg more or so, I always use about 60 units per 2mg of bupe or 30 for 1mg of bupe, let it dissolve in the liquid solution or stir it for a bit just like IV, and using either an oral syringe or needless syringe of any sort(I usually use a 1ml insulin rig with the needle ripped out), pull up the solution in the rig, doesn't have to be filtered either, the smaller the rig the better as it is less of a bother to stick up the ass! I don't particularly enjoy this either lol, it is definitely awkward feeling when you insert it, but just lube it up with some KY jelly or something similar and push the plunger when it is inserted about 2" inside, with the rig positioned at a slight angle towards the wall of your rectum, that allows for quicker abortion and a fast onset IME. It is definitely worth a try, and basically harmless as far as I know, no more harmful than taking it sublingually... Also when doing this I usually lay on my left side, and also have the rig pointed toward the left side of the wall of my ass lol and stay laying in that position after I pull it out for about 5-10 mins just to make sure I don't lose any from leakage. Also you will definitely want to take a dump before doing this, or you will lose most of it in your shit if you don't, so make sure your bowels are cleared out. That is how I do it and I know for a fact the way I do it works really well. Let me know if you have anymore questions about this.
This is crazy to me bc although Ive been completely strung out on H (years ago), Ive recently hit my ceiling for Subs tolerance wise.

So for about three months I relapsed on very good H (probably laced with fent). I only did it once a week (thursday) bc I get random tests, about 0.5 gram a week. 3 weeks ago I got put on subs. I started out slamming it, exactly one week after my last shot of dope. Felt pretty good, but Ive been much higher on subs. So I dont want to get physically hooked on subs, so Im only taking them every 3 days or so. That said, my second shot of subs felt ok, but not as good as the first. Same thing 3rd time, so I ended up shooting another strip a little later. So i did that one or two more times until last saturday I did it and didnt feel shit.

So I came on here and started reading up on bupe tolerance and learned that less is more, and that 2 mlgs is like the optimal dose. So Ive started taking 2 mlg shots every 3 days, hoping that eventually my tolerance will drop and Ill start to feel something again.

So thats the million dollar question, when am I going to feel that nice sub buzz again??? I was shocked to read that youve been slamming subs for YEARS and still feel them, so I guess youre probably not the right guy to ask. But id like to hear your thoughts, and anyone else who think they may have an answer. I cant be the only one in this situation but I havent read anything on here addressing this exact topic.

I should add that reading this thread made me jones for a shot so I went ahead (and cheated) and slammed an entire 8 mlg strip and I think I can feel it, but not a bunch. Anyone have an opinion?

Long post man. I used too iv sub whenever I ran out of other better drugs like dilaudid morphine or heroin. Either strips or subutex and found the tex were milky and sometimes difficult. Research showed it was cut with cornstarch. Explains some headaches and stance leg pains. Currently on Methadone.

I don't care what anyone says and will argue against placebo. IV Subutex and IV suboxone are completely different. When I IV Subutex I feel a mild warm rush, while IVing suboxone it takes a short while to feel anything and it's effects def. Are not a rush similiar Subutex. I don't care what literature says about affinity levels etc

I've been on subs about a year first zubsolve and with the help of pot got down to 1 qtr of a 5.7 under the tongue. I ended up getting on subutex like 6 months ago because insurance stopped paying for zubsolve thankfully and started getting 1 8mg and 1 2mg subutex a day, I get the orange oblongs from Walgreens they're made by activis Elisabeth. I started shooting the 2mgs which was amazing but after my girl caught me started plugging them which I find is equally good at twice the dose. I would plug half an 8mg in the am and the other half at night which would really feel good, I prefer the 2mg also because they dissolve better and its easier to gauge a dose especially iv. I was wondering do yall make like a Vail of filtered bupe? I was thinking about buying some micron filters because I dont want to have cardio issues and amazon sells them for like 10$ so why not but for me it's more practical to buy vials too and filter a large amount at once, lmk what yall think.

I don't care what anyone says and will argue against placebo. IV Subutex and IV suboxone are completely different. When I IV Subutex I feel a mild warm rush, while IVing suboxone it takes a short while to feel anything and it's effects def. Are not a rush similiar Subutex. I don't care what literature says about affinity levels etc
I'm pretty sure the reason Suboxone has less effect than Subutex is because the naloxone croses the blood brain barrier much faster than the bupe so the it's already there before the bupe even shows up and now it has to compete with the naloxone for it's place at the receptor site vs Subutex in which there is no competition and the bupe can readily attach to the receptor unobstructed

plus i don't think affinity necessarily means that the stronger affinity will always beat out the weaker one, it's more of a probability thing

think like in DnD you both roll a D20 but the naloxone gets a +1 to there roll while bupe gets a +5 so while bupe might win out most of the time, every few round that naloxone will squeak out a victory