• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids IV/shoot up gabapentin/neurontin

Gabapentin tablets are made with large amounts of binders and excipients. You would have to separate the gabapentin out, or risk serious issues with blood clots, ischemia & particulate pill matter in your lungs. Probably a guaranteed Pulmonary Embolism.

Even with pure gabapentin from a compounding source, there's no benefit from it.

Please don't try this. You are not going to find anyone here who has done this either.

Jekyl is totally right. This is not something you should be thinking of doing. I believe you will end up hurting yourself. I know a guy in town who now has one arm because he was injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin). This isn't the same thing, but it is a piece of anecdotal evidence as to what can happen when you attempt to inject pills with a ton of binders and fillers. We really do not recommend it. If you're asking, can it be injected, the answer is yes.

The pharmacokinetics of Gabapentin (Neurontin) mean that only so much can be absorbed by the body at any given time. You can just as easily reach that limit by taking the drug orally. Please don't.

Jekyl is totally right. This is not something you should be thinking of doing. I believe you will end up hurting yourself. I know a guy in town who now has one arm because he was injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin). This isn't the same thing, but it is a piece of anecdotal evidence as to what can happen when you attempt to inject pills with a ton of binders and fillers. We really do not recommend it. If you're asking, can it be injected, the answer is yes.

The pharmacokinetics of Gabapentin (Neurontin) mean that only so much can be absorbed by the body at any given time. You can just as easily reach that limit by taking the drug orally. Please don't.
Thank you ??

Yeah please don't bother. There's a reason this drug is rarely given IV in medical settings. No benefit, plus lots of dangers fucking around injecting pills. Massive risk for zero rewards.

Good advice

There were a few studies done on cats and parrots. They found that while PURE gabapentin is injectable, it was apparantly pretty difficult to maintain a steady plasma concentration (this was for analgesic/anesthetic use). IVing a Neurontin would be a very bad decision for the reasons stated above. It already has a good BA (~80%) if you are only taking 1, which is the amount I imagine you would be injecting. The gabapentin in the studies was also heavily diluted, something that I doubt you want to do. Better to just eat them. Stagger the doses if you want a better/stronger effect.

The Effects of Intravenous Gabapentin Administration on the Minimum Alveolar Concentration of Isoflurane in Cats

Pharmacokinetics of Compounded Intravenous and Oral Gabapentin in Hispaniolan Amazon Parrots ( Amazona ventralis)