• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin IV Problem - Don’t know what I’m doing wrong?

Seeking Help

Greenlighter
1) I have only IV successfully twice. But haven’t been able to anymore. I have been poking in the area of the crook of the arm (middle vein) without being able to draw the plunger back with blood. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. I am using a 29G insulin needle with 1/2inch (12.7mm) tip. I always go in at around 25 degrees and push the needle in slowly. I go in not too deep and try pull the plunger back and if I don’t get any blood I push the needle deeper and deeper. I have push the needle nearly all the way and still not able to draw. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

2) I also have a hard time puncturing my skin with the needle. Not sure if my technique is wrong but what I do is when I’m about to stick the needle in I put the tip right on my skin and push in gently and slowly. Though sometimes I feel the needle doesn’t want to puncture easily and smoothly. Not sure why? Also should I have my arm stretched all the way down or should I have a bend in my arm and not stretched?

3) With many failed attempts in the middle area of the crook of my arm. I wanted to try do a new area that is closer to the elbow and forearm. But the skin in this area feels firm and the veins when I feel around feels very firm and hard and at certain areas I can feel a hard knot or dot. Not sure what it is? Also the skin is much firmer and the vein direction doesn’t seem to be straight down which throws me off and I have a hard time feeling for vein due to the area being firmer and the direction of the vein. Any tips?

Last edited: