• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV oral hydromorphone 1mg/ml??

Saaaaabbbbbb

Greenlighter
I have been blessed to have got my hands on a 473ml bottle of hydromorphone oral version
Would like to IV it not sure about the additional particles in it
I am a seasoned opioid user - crushing and iv Oxys on an irregular basis for over 20 years but this oral liquid is new
I know it’s much stronger then oxy and I obviously don’t want to OD so how can I do this safely
Don’t want to drink it not too keen on plugging and obviously can’t snort
Can I use special filters ? Ans how much in a 1ml needle ?
Thanks 😊

I'm honestly not familiar with the particular oral preparation of hydromorphone that you are referencing here, however, I just can't help but imagine that injecting an oral solution intravenously would most certainly be very harmful to your veins and most likely other organs as well. It sounds like you are a seasoned IV user and I doubt I can talk you out of pursuing this route of administration, but that being said, I understand why you wouldn't want to take it orally due to the low oral bioavailability of hydromorphone. If I recall correctly, the rectal bioavailability of hydromorphone is fairly high, and I know you said you aren't very keen on plugging it, but that's probably what I might try to do. Note: I am not a Dr. Addiction and substance abuse is a hard life to live and I condone it to absolutely no one, all of the above statements are based solely upon my own personal experiences and I do not recommend that anyone follow in my footsteps.

I agree with @nznity. Don’t iv. I think rectal is the fastest high with that. It’s dilaudid, which is a great high. Not much you can do as far as I know with changing it to be acceptable for iv. I could be wrong though. D’s used to be my drug of choice. I would crush the pills and shoot them, but I know nothing about the oral liquid.

Let us know how it goes.

Its what the drug is suspended in (liquid) that would be the issue imo.
If there be a way to separated the drug from solution this would be optimal.
Not sure of any way this could be done but BTW is there any label rhat lists ingredients? Solution?
Others are right, though. Keep it out of the veins and booty bump unless other methods are found to get the dope out of the solution.
Be careful with that; this was my fave opioid.
Peace

This is what the PDS says; sucrose, glycerol,
Propyl hydroxybenzoate and methyl hydroxybenzoate

I’m still chicken shit to do it but but but I have been banging oxy tablets with cotton wool and nothing ever happened with my veins ever - so I’m wondering if a micron filter might help ?

Not entirely sure where that would make a difference. It's meant to filter out insolubles, which a pharmaceutically pure solution shouldn't have

I would urge not to do IV like nznity said, oral solutions can well contain additional particles which aren't meant to end up in a bloodstream. In theory a micron filter should catch them but I'm no expert about injections.

Just dry it (evaporate the water) and snort the resulting powder, of boof it.

Just squirt a couple mg up your nose. In a solution it would aborb better then powder. I take it daily orally and when I want a buzz I'll snort a couple. Great high. I wouldn't inject it

There's a reason why the oral solution is provided in such low concentration. It's highly unpractical to inject enough of it to get high.

This is what the PDS says; sucrose, glycerol,
Propyl hydroxybenzoate and methyl hydroxybenzoate

I’m still chicken shit to do it but but but I have been banging oxy tablets with cotton wool and nothing ever happened with my veins ever - so I’m wondering if a micron filter might help ?
The sucrose is no issue. It's a non-toxic sweetener which is used alongside the Glycerol, another sweetener and your maim liquid.
Glycerol is sometimes used intravenously for a few different reasons. Here is an explanation.

There was one other site which said it has potential to cause damage to red blood cells. I've lost the link now. Overall, it seems to have a fairly safe profile in IV applications. I wouldn't worry about this too much personally.

I'll explain more about the Glycerol after I get a start on your 'parabens'..

The propyl and hydroxy benzoate, or propyl- and hydroxyparabens are also both deemed to be nontoxic. They are used as preservatives and antimicrobials. So, in this oral solution of hydromorphone, they would be there to keep the medication from deteriorating. I found nothing that says they're a danger in intravenous applications. They're overall nontoxic to humans, and animals. This is the
same as your glycerol and sucrose. Pretty safe.

Glycerol I'm assuming is higher up on the list of ingredients. It would be the main liquid which is holding your hydromorphone in stasis.
Glycerine is the brand name is glycerol, and is used for formulations where the solution or 95% or less glycerol. This should give you a hint as to the ratio of substance here. You're syrup has over 95% glycerol.

Glycerol is used as a sweetener for it's sweet taste, and it's also an humectant. This means it's hydrophilic, or it absorbs water. You know that sort of almost slimy-ish, coats your mouth and throat texture you get when you drink the syrup? That's what I mean.

It's very good liquid for making an opioid based cough syrup for the following reasons..

The first and main reason glycerol would be used for these syrups over another is because it has a good feel for soothing your throat as an humectant. This is good if you're using it as cough syrup in particular. Second, it's also good for preventing constipation from the opioids. It has those humectant, hydrophilic properties so that it will draw water to itself. With this in action, when it hits your intestines, and this the stool in your digestive tract - it will keep things running smooth. Opioids tend to have the opposite effect on people so glycerol is a good countermeasure for this in an opioid cough syrup.

Nothing here is toxic or bad for you. The safety profile on all of these substances IV is pretty good.

I'm not sure I'd even use a filter. Just straight in the bottle is what I'd do personally. The parabens are antimicrobial as is and messing around with filters and stuff would actually increase the likelihood of bacteria in my mind. If you filter, have perfectly clean washed hands and the filter and your reservoir like the spoon you're using STERILE.

Don't put your mouth to the bottle, ever. If you use it any other way than IV, pour it out into something else.

Maybe invest in a 3cc syringe. 1cc syringes will yield 1mg max. That's probably not as much of a jag as your looking for.

A 2-3mg shot IV given your experience level will be safe and a better time and less needle pokes.

Just keeping it real guys. The research I did pans out. This stuff is pretty safe to IV. Way better than pills to be sure.

Of course, for harm reduction purposes be sure to start with a small amount as a tester. This is to be sure you don't have any reactions. If you've been smashing pills and stuff though, I can assure you again that this stuff is a lot safer than crushed pills.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Google research. You have zero medical training so no you shouldn't be telling someone to inject an oral solution because you think it's safe.

I just wouldnt bang it period. I see the solution ingredients and although they may seem safe enough I wouldnt take the chance.
For safety reasons please ingest as indicated... orally or up the bum.
But up to 8ml for 8mg of dope just seems a lot to me to ingest for such a short lived buzz.
Maybe make some smoothies out of it and kick back til the runs hit ya. All that glycerine will def lubricate the bowels imo.
Please dont inject into veins. Would one inject olive oil or the like? I wouldnt for sure.
Stay safe.

Hi Everyone
I finally had the guts to try it the other night
Ok first I drank 2ml - pathetic
Then I did the up bumb lol first 6ml now 10ml
Nice warm fuzzy feeling but NOTHING like the endone I used to bang and only lasts 1 hour !!
I could try 15ml but how do I know I won’t OD ?
I must be super tolerant it’s just a nice warm fuzzy feeling definitely nausea but I just take ondansetron right away and it goes away
My husband felt
I’m still u sure what to do I would defo love to bang and would need 3cc syringe but isn’t that a massive needle ?
Thanks !

Hi Everyone
I finally had the guts to try it the other night
Ok first I drank 2ml - pathetic
Then I did the up bumb lol first 6ml now 10ml
Nice warm fuzzy feeling but NOTHING like the endone I used to bang and only lasts 1 hour !!
I could try 15ml but how do I know I won’t OD ?
I must be super tolerant it’s just a nice warm fuzzy feeling definitely nausea but I just take ondansetron right away and it goes away
My husband felt
I’m still u sure what to do I would defo love to bang and would need 3cc syringe but isn’t that a massive needle ?
Thanks !
Sorry my husband felt NOTHING
I can’t wait to get my oxy scripts again doc only gives me every 4 months
Waiting for paint dry

I know this is a little bit old, but oral syrups are the opposite of what you ever want to be putting in your veins. Intravenous preparations are designed with sterility and efficiency in mind, whereas an oral syrup is designed with fruity-flavor and high-viscosity in mind.