• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV morphine questions

lolitaofott

Bluelighter
I have a question concerning intravenous drug use. I decided to inject morphine, I believe it was half a large "eslon" capsule. I was terrified by the feeling that overcame me. My friend warned me about the "pins and needles" side effect, but I had no idea what it was going to feel like. Could someone please explain what causes this sensation and if it is cause for concern? I have to say, it took at least a minute to pass and I was terrified. When it was over, my head started to throb and my face felt completely swollen. My friend said I looked completely red. Why did this happen, why did it feel like my head was going to explode? Other than that, the rush was amazing, even with the "pins and needles" and throbbing head, I was in heaven. I'm not sure I'm going to do it again, I enjoyed it too much. ;) <3 <3 <3 <3 -Lo

because thats what morphine does IV. try less next time if it was too intense

The reason behind your reaction is most likely histamine release.
IV Morphine releases a large amount of histamine & some people find this to be very unpleasant.
I personally find the histamine release of high dose morphine to be unpleasant myself.
As such the method that I & many others use to combat this is anti-histamine's.

I personally prefer Hydroxyzine or Promethazine but others use Diphenhydramine, etc.
Taking the anti-histamine before using the morphine will prevent or at least reduce histamine reaction.
As such you'll have a lot less "pins & needles", itching, burning, etc. than you would otherwise.
In some cases it may even prevent those effects completely.

Just keep in mind that anti-histamine's are also sedating especially some of the earlier ones.
As such you may need to adjust your dose accordingly.
Actually also keep in mind that some anti-histamine's are enzyme inhibitors & potentiate morphine.
Again you'll want to adjust you dosage accordingly as IMHO there's a noticeable increase in effects.

Hopefully that gives you some insight into what occurred & how to deal with it if you choose to do so again in the future.
Though it's not asked for in your question I'm going to throw in my obligatory warning.
If you liked it to much don't get started with it. You've probably heard it before but it's not worth it.
I'll let my preaching end there but as someone still dealing with opiate related issues going the IV route
only hastened the inevitable tolerance & withdrawal issues that eventually get most everyone.

Either way that ends my preaching & hopefully I've answered your question to your satisfaction.
I could go into more detail if need be but it seemed you weren't looking for anything to technical.
Just a general answer to explain the reason for why you experienced what you did.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience & hope that the posted information is of use to you. :)

The reason behind your reaction is most likely histamine release.
IV Morphine releases a large amount of histamine & some people find this to be very unpleasant.
I personally find the histamine release of high dose morphine to be unpleasant myself.
As such the method that I & many others use to combat this is anti-histamine's.

I personally prefer Hydroxyzine or Promethazine but others use Diphenhydramine, etc.
Taking the anti-histamine before using the morphine will prevent or at least reduce histamine reaction.
As such you'll have a lot less "pins & needles", itching, burning, etc. than you would otherwise.
In some cases it may even prevent those effects completely.

Just keep in mind that anti-histamine's are also sedating especially some of the earlier ones.
As such you may need to adjust your dose accordingly.
Actually also keep in mind that some anti-histamine's are enzyme inhibitors & potentiate morphine.
Again you'll want to adjust you dosage accordingly as IMHO there's a noticeable increase in effects.

Hopefully that gives you some insight into what occurred & how to deal with it if you choose to do so again in the future.
Though it's not asked for in your question I'm going to throw in my obligatory warning.
If you liked it to much don't get started with it. You've probably heard it before but it's not worth it.
I'll let my preaching end there but as someone still dealing with opiate related issues going the IV route
only hastened the inevitable tolerance & withdrawal issues that eventually get most everyone.

Either way that ends my preaching & hopefully I've answered your question to your satisfaction.
I could go into more detail if need be but it seemed you weren't looking for anything to technical.
Just a general answer to explain the reason for why you experienced what you did.

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience & hope that the posted information is of use to you. :)

And I would suggest that you don't use morphine again.

Histamine reaction which are very similar to an allergic reaction but are never fatal though it can feel quite bad according to some

Sounds exactly like the first last time I ever tried H. I was already on 60 mg morphine er and I smoked some on foil. Got hold and cold pins and needs and then I felt as if I was going to die. Be careful with where your going with this. It’s a hard road to make a u turn on