• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV morphine dosage

10mg, but tbh you should try plugging it first. Do you know anything about injecting drugs? Or injecting pills? It isn't particularly simple to do safely. Plugging the morphine or taking it sublingually would be more sensible.

Going from opioid naive to IV morphine is a huge (and risky) jump and not necessary if all you want to do is experience the effects of an opioid high.

And when you say pharmaceutical, the only 'safe' pharmaceutical for IV use is one expressly made for IV use, so no amount of morphine pills is particularly safe. You can make it a lot safer by filtering the solution through cotton and then through a special filter sold at needle exchanges, either a wheel filter, sterifilt or other micron filter.

If you are not willing to go to an exchange and get the proper equipment i.e extra needles, syringes, micron filters, preferably some naloxone and also research proper injection technique, aseptic technique and some basic opioid safety info you should probably not be messing around with attempting to inject morphine tablets

Yes, its pharmaceutical morphine for IV use, I have experience doing IM inyections but not IV.

i suggest starting @ 10mg and going from there, orally its 20-30% bio avail so 100mg orally is about 20~mg IV, be careful, start lower, you can always take more but never less.

if you have a tolerance, 20mg, that SHOULD get you into nodmode, when i didn't have a tolerance as i do now, 100mg orally was enough to get me there. so try 10/20

Honestly; this varies to much person to person to give a accurate number for someone who is naive. In my experience individual differences make it almost impossible to gauge without knowing some degree of effects from taking an opioid & at what dose they took said opioid.

As for example my wife without papers will catch a nod off 7.5-15mg of morphine orally; generally 7.5. She's not even opiate naive! At one point she did "dope" (fentanyl analogues or whatever random mixture of random shit & RC's or fent sprinkled on top) for about 6 months straight. Never getting to more than 10-15mg a day at max.

Though that's a bad example. As gauging street shit is a pointless as it varies so much. However; just to make my point for her IV approximately 1-3mg of morphine was plenty. I couldn't gauge exactly as it was such a small amount to be working with; with the materials I had on hand but enough to gauge the safety margin. I would never guesstimate with someone that low tolerance. She's also tried heroin IV. Again in tiny doses. As such she's not opiate naive & 10mg of IV morphine would have her sick as hell puking her guts out. She would have a terrible experience at the very least! So take differences in how you react to opioids into account.

Regardless; I just wanted to share this as an example of the differences from person to person. Without at least knowing some reference point of opioid experience I wouldn't feel comfortable stating what would be a "good or fun" dose.

The best I can give is a link to a study abstract mentioning the individual differences that even age & gender play; as well as tolerance. As I would have gone with a smaller number than either of the above posters based on my experiences with other opiate naive individuals. IIRC the usual dosage the IV solution comes in is 1mg/ML. If that helps give a bit of reference. Though as I stated body weight, age, gender, etc. play a difference as well.

So please be safe! You can always do more but you can't do make what you've done less. You could even do another shot at a different time once you have a better idea of your tolerance. Whatever works best for you. :)

Here's that link to that abstract I mentioned. Severity of opiate intoxication to gender and age.

Thanks, I have experience with oxycodone, I normally use 15-25 mgs and thats enough for a very good high, opium I normally use 300mgs, heroin I rarely smoke in very low doses, im guessing 5mg will be a good start and go from there.

Any more info please? I didnt get a clear answer, is 10mg a good dosage IV or IM of pharmaceutical morphine for inyection?

Also, I have a ton of vials but they are 2.5mg morphine/2.5 ml, so for 10mg total I would have to inyect 10ml, seems like a lot of liquid.

Also, I have a ton of vials but they are 2.5mg morphine/2.5 ml, so for 10mg total I would have to inyect 10ml, seems like a lot of liquid.

Nice. I wish I did. Sounds like the standard 1mg/ML vials. I'd say see if you can't get some more input if you plan on doing 10ML at once though...

I'm sorry you haven't gotten more responses or feedback BTW. I would think you would've garnered more responses by now. As it's a relatively easy question in terms of the knowledge base here. Hopefully you get some more responses sooner than later.🤞

I myself have only ever done smaller shots. I believe the largest I've done in 1 shot is 3-5ML. Honestly I can't recall. Anytime I would've done that large a shot would've been during a period in my life where I was kinda off the deep end. As such I don't recall to well. When I first had my health go to shit I kinda lost it for a bit. :\

Sorry I'm not more help. Hopefully someone will chime in on the size of the shot. As I agree that 10ML seems like a lot. You might be able to get away with a 3-5mg(ML) shot though.

As with the BA loss of smoking vs IV the smoked H might be virtually = dosage / potency wise to the IV morphine. It would depend on the quality of the H you get of course but I'm assuming not 100% pure vs 100% purity on the morphine.

I hope that helps a little at least. Though my prior post was probably more detailed & useful. As I'm distracted ATM. My apologies. I've got some things going on. :rolleyes:

As for IM; I have no experience there. I don't ever IM. Even with micron filters I've never felt the urge to do so. I've only ever IV'd. I guess maybe SC; if you count the occasional miss over the years. 😜

Note that if I had "a ton" of vials I would take the time to research doing larger shots. Though that's because I'm a desperate pain patient who will be on opiates the rest of my life. I'm stuck with bupeprenorphine ATM do to the ridiculous state of affairs in the medical system in my country but I digress.

I don't know your situation & if it's worth taking the time to find out about injecting 10ML safely or not?

Regardless; I wish you the best of luck & I'll try to check Bluelight over the holidays. See if you've gotten an answer & if not see if I can't get you some more help.

If for some reason I don't get a chance to; happy holidays. :)

Nice. I wish I did. Sounds like the standard 1mg/ML vials. I'd say see if you can't get some more input if you plan on doing 10ML at once though...

I'm sorry you haven't gotten more responses or feedback BTW. I would think you would've garnered more responses by now. As it's a relatively easy question in terms of the knowledge base here. Hopefully you get some more responses sooner than later.🤞

I myself have only ever done smaller shots. I believe the largest I've done in 1 shot is 3-5ML. Honestly I can't recall. Anytime I would've done that large a shot would've been during a period in my life where I was kinda off the deep end. As such I don't recall to well. When I first had my health go to shit I kinda lost it for a bit. :\

Sorry I'm not more help. Hopefully someone will chime in on the size of the shot. As I agree that 10ML seems like a lot. You might be able to get away with a 3-5mg(ML) shot though.

As with the BA loss of smoking vs IV the smoked H might be virtually = dosage / potency wise to the IV morphine. It would depend on the quality of the H you get of course but I'm assuming not 100% pure vs 100% purity on the morphine.

I hope that helps a little at least. Though my prior post was probably more detailed & useful. As I'm distracted ATM. My apologies. I've got some things going on. :rolleyes:

As for IM; I have no experience there. I don't ever IM. Even with micron filters I've never felt the urge to do so. I've only ever IV'd. I guess maybe SC; if you count the occasional miss over the years. 😜

Note that if I had "a ton" of vials I would take the time to research doing larger shots. Though that's because I'm a desperate pain patient who will be on opiates the rest of my life. I'm stuck with bupeprenorphine ATM do to the ridiculous state of affairs in the medical system in my country but I digress.

I don't know your situation & if it's worth taking the time to find out about injecting 10ML safely or not?

Regardless; I wish you the best of luck & I'll try to check Bluelight over the holidays. See if you've gotten an answer & if not see if I can't get you some more help.

If for some reason I don't get a chance to; happy holidays. :)

Thank you so much! Happy holidays to you too man, yes so far, without the lack of a definite answer im still a bit in the dark, medical protocols seem to use anywhere from 2.5 to 10mg IV of morphine for different conditions and im guessing these are starter doses for patients without tolerance so 10mg doesnt seem like a lot, but it does seem like a shitload of liquid to inyect, if I remember correctly the oral BA of morphine is about 30% and I do have experience with opium orally which is mostly morphine and oral morphine tabs, which I normally use about 30-40 mgs, so 10mgs IV morphine should be just about my normal dosage and enough for a nice experience but it still seems like a lot of liquid for the dosage it is... btw, how is buprenorphine? I made an other thread asking for advice on how to use some patches, since I have some patches but they are 52.5 mcg which seems like a lot to me, is buprenorphine recreational or no?

Thank you so much! Happy holidays to you too man, btw, how is buprenorphine? I made an other thread asking for advice on how to use some patches, since I have some patches but they are 52.5 mcg which seems like a lot to me, is buprenorphine recreational or no?

No problem. I'm happy to help. I'm just not on as often or answering questions as much lately. Thanks for the happy holidays BTW. I'm not on as mauch due in part to that Bupeprenorphine you mentioned...

There's tons of threads discussing the topic if you're interested in them. I've posted in some of them. :LOL:

I'll explain though; if you don't mind a bit of reading. I'll keep it very succint; for me that is. As I'm limited on time. Though I still tend to be effusive as I type fast. ;)

Regarding the bupeprenorphine; sadly enough I have pain issues & a host of health issues resulting in being disabled.

With the so called "opioid epidemic" I'm in a horrible spot. So I feel very negatively towards bupeprenorphine. I don't get my methadone anymore & am stuck with this terrible substitute for the time being. For me it's a nightmare. So many side effects compared to literally any other opioid. It's the absolute worst for me. No other opioid has as many negative side effects / interactions with my health conditions.

Normally opioids (full agonists) help my other health conditions (Chron's, IBS, Various pain issues, Spinal problems, etc.); bupeprenorphine is the opposite! It aggravates my health conditions & does very little for pain by comparison. I need surgery I can't get it done due to the situation. I really need the rest done. Dental shit. Need to have all the teeth I have left extracted before my gums are shot as well & it'll be even more fucked in long run. That doesn't even explain the whole dental thing but I'm guessing you get the point there. It's a very long & complicated story & yeah I'm already going on. :\

With methadone there's no problem having surgery. It's a great pain killer to boot. I'm not prescribed it BTW. I had my Dr. leave me stranded with no scripts. He moved & left me with a referral no one would take. :mad:

Not gonna rant about that though. To much righteous indignation to throw out with my whole situation.

So to answer your question regarding bupe being recreational. There's threads discussing it. The patches though I've never used myself. I had a family member that used them for pain (never ever any recreational substance use in there case) & they found them to be not effective for pain. They don't do recreational anything so wouldn't know that.

With the pharmacological properties of bupeprenorphine I don't recommend recreational usage myself. Everyone I know that's tried it had a bad experience. Though some online post otherwise. From what I've seen they are daily or experienced users. Most daily / experinced users do not find it at all recreational. I know I'd take just about anything else myself.

It's getting way to long though! My apologies. I'm also running out of time for the moment. So I'll try to answer the morphine question part seperataly below.

Jaredborgetti said:
medical protocols seem to use anywhere from 2.5 to 10mg IV of morphine for different conditions and im guessing these are starter doses for patients without tolerance so 10mg doesnt seem like a lot, but it does seem like a shitload of liquid to inyect, if I remember correctly the oral BA of morphine is about 30% and I do have experience with opium orally which is mostly morphine and oral morphine tabs, which I normally use about 30-40 mgs, so 10mgs IV morphine should be just about my normal dosage and enough for a nice experience but it still seems like a lot of liquid for the dosage it is...

You mentioned you're not experienced with IV. I totally forgot. Keep that in mind if you do decide to do this. Not everyone enjoys IV. My wife for example likes morphine orally. She hated it the one time she did it IV. There is a lot of histamine release in many cases. I've known others that hated it (at first anyways...).

I used to hate it myself now that I think on it. I used to always take an anti-histamine first. That or mix one in the shot. I remember the first time I did a large dose morphine shot it felt like "having my skin slowly removed with a dull carrot peeler". Burning red spread from toes to head.

Now I enjoy it. I had totally forgotten that I used to hate that part. It was morphine in particular BTW. I loved H, Dilaudid, Opana, etc. IV. Just not morphine. Well obviously H turns to M but they're different in my experience.

You're math & numbers are solid. I'd just be considered by the amount of liquid mostly. That & what I just mentioned. Other than that keep in mind that the numbers are for supposed equal analgesic potency & not for effects.

I'll check back in on this as soon as I get a chance. I'll see if I can't get an answer on the amount of liquid in the meantime. Is this your first IV experience BTW? Are you familiar with technique & such? As if it's your first IV experience that may change dosage recommendations. I might suggest going lower if that's the case. Which would also reduce the amount of liquid problem. Regardless; sorry for the length, I hope I helped some & look forward to speaking to you in the future if you have any other questions. :)

No problem. I'm happy to help. I'm just not on as often or answering questions as much lately. Thanks for the happy holidays BTW. I'm not on as mauch due in part to that Bupeprenorphine you mentioned...

There's tons of threads discussing the topic if you're interested in them. I've posted in some of them. :LOL:

I'll explain though; if you don't mind a bit of reading. I'll keep it very succint; for me that is. As I'm limited on time. Though I still tend to be effusive as I type fast. ;)

Regarding the bupeprenorphine; sadly enough I have pain issues & a host of health issues resulting in being disabled.

With the so called "opioid epidemic" I'm in a horrible spot. So I feel very negatively towards bupeprenorphine. I don't get my methadone anymore & am stuck with this terrible substitute for the time being. For me it's a nightmare. So many side effects compared to literally any other opioid. It's the absolute worst for me. No other opioid has as many negative side effects / interactions with my health conditions.

Normally opioids (full agonists) help my other health conditions (Chron's, IBS, Various pain issues, Spinal problems, etc.); bupeprenorphine is the opposite! It aggravates my health conditions & does very little for pain by comparison. I need surgery I can't get it done due to the situation. I really need the rest done. Dental shit. Need to have all the teeth I have left extracted before my gums are shot as well & it'll be even more fucked in long run. That doesn't even explain the whole dental thing but I'm guessing you get the point there. It's a very long & complicated story & yeah I'm already going on. :\

With methadone there's no problem having surgery. It's a great pain killer to boot. I'm not prescribed it BTW. I had my Dr. leave me stranded with no scripts. He moved & left me with a referral no one would take. :mad:

Not gonna rant about that though. To much righteous indignation to throw out with my whole situation.

So to answer your question regarding bupe being recreational. There's threads discussing it. The patches though I've never used myself. I had a family member that used them for pain (never ever any recreational substance use in there case) & they found them to be not effective for pain. They don't do recreational anything so wouldn't know that.

With the pharmacological properties of bupeprenorphine I don't recommend recreational usage myself. Everyone I know that's tried it had a bad experience. Though some online post otherwise. From what I've seen they are daily or experienced users. Most daily / experinced users do not find it at all recreational. I know I'd take just about anything else myself.

It's getting way to long though! My apologies. I'm also running out of time for the moment. So I'll try to answer the morphine question part seperataly below.

You mentioned you're not experienced with IV. I totally forgot. Keep that in mind if you do decide to do this. Not everyone enjoys IV. My wife for example likes morphine orally. She hated it the one time she did it IV. There is a lot of histamine release in many cases. I've known others that hated it (at first anyways...).

I used to hate it myself now that I think on it. I used to always take an anti-histamine first. That or mix one in the shot. I remember the first time I did a large dose morphine shot it felt like "having my skin slowly removed with a dull carrot peeler". Burning red spread from toes to head.

Now I enjoy it. I had totally forgotten that I used to hate that part. It was morphine in particular BTW. I loved H, Dilaudid, Opana, etc. IV. Just not morphine. Well obviously H turns to M but they're different in my experience.

You're math & numbers are solid. I'd just be considered by the amount of liquid mostly. That & what I just mentioned. Other than that keep in mind that the numbers are for supposed equal analgesic potency & not for effects.

I'll check back in on this as soon as I get a chance. I'll see if I can't get an answer on the amount of liquid in the meantime. Is this your first IV experience BTW? Are you familiar with technique & such? As if it's your first IV experience that may change dosage recommendations. I might suggest going lower if that's the case. Which would also reduce the amount of liquid problem. Regardless; sorry for the length, I hope I helped some & look forward to speaking to you in the future if you have any other questions. :)
Thank you so much for answering! You have been truly helpful, the most help I have ever gotten personally on bluelight on my life, I truly appreciate it.

As of right now, I have not tried to morphine or the buprenorphine yet, mostly due to the issue with the liquid, I still cant wrap my head around IV'ing 10mls, seems like an awful lot? But these are medical ampules of 2.5mg/2.5 ml morphine, im guessing these are low dosage ampoules for use in heart attacks or other conditions where a low dose is requires, I do not have any experience IV-wise as far as inyecting, I used to drain my own blood with a 18G syringe with the plunger off when I was on steroids, because my blood would get thick due to the increased red blood cell count (a side effect of anabolic steroids) and I would drain my blood from the veins in my arms every couple of weeks, up to 800ml to a 1L at a time, so I do have experience getting a syringe in my veins if you will, and with IM inyections, but ive never IV'ed anything, given that, would you recommend a smaller those?

Thanks truly for your time.

I don't understand the morphine tablet design. How can they intentionally make something with such low bioavailability when swallowed? How effective is snorting the tablet in terms of bio?

I know that morphine tablets are superior for pain relief, but in a way it just makes people resort to more dangerous methods to get high. Even with meticulous threads on places like BL on how to properly shoot up it would still be probably best to be taught how to do so with someone who has a lot of experience and a good method of preparing the needle. Anyway, I was just wondering about the low bioavailability with morphine and why it is that way.

I don't understand the morphine tablet design. How can they intentionally make something with such low bioavailability when swallowed? How effective is snorting the tablet in terms of bio?

I know that morphine tablets are superior for pain relief, but in a way it just makes people resort to more dangerous methods to get high. Even with meticulous threads on places like BL on how to properly shoot up it would still be probably best to be taught how to do so with someone who has a lot of experience and a good method of preparing the needle. Anyway, I was just wondering about the low bioavailability with morphine and why it is that way.
Well the tablets I have had a couple of times, they are very hard to come by, they have low bioavailability yeah but they are cheap as fuck, you can get a bottle of 100 pills 10mg for like 5$ US dollars in my country with a prescription of course, so morphine is cheap, and when taken at the correct dosage it is as good for pain relief as any other opioid despite the low oral BA, you just havr to make up for the low BA with a higher dosage, I have never snorted them, this is liquid morphine ampoules for IV use though.

Ah ok I see. Is the bad oral biovailibility just an unintentional factor that came from how they were manufactured? Out of all the opioids it seems to have the lowest bioavailbility from what I gather which is interesting. You'd think that they'd produce smaller milligram count tablets with higher oral bio.

I get 20mg/ML ampoules for IV/IM in my country and a good starting dose would be 15-20mg depending on weight. I do 3 amps at once in 1 shot but I have a tolerance. When I started doing these amps like 5 years ago. 1 ampoule was enough to get me high for 12 hrs straight.
Stay safe ppl, NZN

Ten or below with no tolerance 160mg a day is equal to fifty five mg in one shot so I'd say take fifteen twenty mg for a good high I did twenty mg once and the body feelings were.amazing on the rush and I was so relaxed oral morphine does same but I need much bigger dose rectal make it stronger but last like two hour shorter

Not dicksizing but 200mg iv was my sweet spot. Awkward with big rigs as 60mg/ml ms solubility makes using 3.2mls water a necessity.

I was on about 100mg methadone a day.

Probably waaay too much unless very opiate tolerant. Be careful

10mg is a good starting point. You can always do more, but you can't do less. Yes, by the standards of street dope, 4mL is a lot to inject, but it's meant to be piggybacked with an IV fluid bag in a medical setting. Also in a medical setting is meant to be injected slowly. In order to inject it without, you'll need either a bigger syringe, or to do it several times, and IVing straight from a big syringe is awkward. The best thing to do would be to start a medical type IV on yourself with proper technique; if you have access to MS ampules/vials maybe you have access to the necessary equipment for that.