• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV meth use. Hard spot where I shot up??

grumpyprincess143

Greenlighter
So Ive been having other people give me my shots and I have 2 spots in my one arm where I did shots and now there is like a hard lump. Idk what’s going on it’s not hot to the touch or painful so I don’t think infection. What else could it be??

It's normal for meth and a result usually of poor needle technique and the corrosive nature of meth itsself as it enders the vein. Meth injectors end up up with hard, lumpy, unusable veins pretty quickly if they are not very very careful. Don't try shooting at these spots again. There is no point. The vein is gone there.

It’s not like a hard vein it feels almost like a small hard ball in the vein
That’s exactly what it feels like when you fuck your vein with meth. Like a little marble. It’s almost unavoidable with shooting meth and nothing gets rid of it although sometimes veins heal in time. Try putting Hirudoid ointment on it. I found that quite helpful.

Obviously IV is dangerous...but if you are going to do it anyway, I found the longer U100s where the needle is longer and I could get the angle right, and push the plunger easier with less pressure were a better bet than the tiny fine short (U50s I think they were.). as far as keeping veins healthier. I made a big mess with the shorter finer needles.

I get this sometimes when shooting ket crystal. Try massaging them pretty hard with a finger or thumb in little circles for a few mins at a time, a few times a day, especially in the bath or shower with hot water running on them. Or you can do a warm compress for a few mins before massaging.
For me they eventually go.
I think its from very slight misses at the end of the shot.

Unless its scar tissue, in that case its gona stay hard forever and as @Perforated said that vein is probably unusable now.
If you're lucky you'll be able to go an inch or 2 higher up that vein than the bump at least

Rotate your sites theres hundreds of spots to hit up! I wish i had at the start, I've lost so many veins :(

Ok I have a new similar thing going on. I got a blister near an injection site then a firm area near it almost the size of an egg and parts of my arm are sore….
I hate being an IV user. I wish the first girl I tried it with didn’t make the high sound so good. Fml.

Ok I have a new similar thing going on. I got a blister near an injection site then a firm area near it almost the size of an egg and parts of my arm are sore….
I hate being an IV user. I wish the first girl I tried it with didn’t make the high sound so good. Fml.
Does the 'blister' look like this?

Does the 'blister' look like this?
No it’s almost like a water blister

Did you read the whole thread? Mine was too but the 'water' was green, then it popped. Abscess underneath iirc. Required antibiotics luckily i went to AnE/ER quickly and got some or it would have got bigger.

What color is? Any green/yellow?
The fact it's hot is a definite sign of infection. You should go and get antibiotics ASAP before you end up with at best it hurting for a long time, losing that vein and a nasty dent/scar, at worst losing the limb or dying.

I use to shoot coke like a madman i had them too, they soften up after not using them ,it takes time though.
I have about a 10” track mark that I haven’t used in 12 years that you can see from 10’ away😁

I went to the ER this morning. I just walked in and said I think I have cellulitis but n my arm. Dr agreed and gave me some strong antibiotics. He just said if it gets worse or doesn’t go away by the end of the cycle of meds go back. I’m only doing n my 2 nd dose but my arm feels so much better!!!

I went to the ER this morning. I just walked in and said I think I have cellulitis but n my arm. Dr agreed and gave me some strong antibiotics. He just said if it gets worse or doesn’t go away by the end of the cycle of meds go back. I’m only doing n my 2 nd dose but my arm feels so much better!!!
Yep thats what they said to me. Well done for going 👍 i hope you take the full cycle im sure it will be better within a few days, i think i got given a 1 week cycle iirc

It's normal for meth and a result usually of poor needle technique and the corrosive nature of meth itsself as it enders the vein. Meth injectors end up up with hard, lumpy, unusable veins pretty quickly if they are not very very careful. Don't try shooting at these spots again. There is no point. The vein is gone there.

Yea, I definitely agree. Most folks I know who have been injecting Methamphetamine daily have a very hard time finding usable veins after just a few months. Princess, you're looking for the right signs. Heat, tenderness and a "lack of improvement" over time are indicators of infection whereas I think you're body has just responded to the caustic nature of the Methamphetamine.

Oops you've sorted it, didn't see that, good its okay.

VV now redundant post.
You've probably leaked a little under he skin, keep a warm compress or a firm bandaid on it, clean the skin obviously and if its infected you'll know it, it gets red and painful very quickly. In that case you will need antibiotics specifically for skin staph areas infections, really quickly.

If you're going to iv, you have to get to know your own body, find good veins, how to plump them up, how to rotate the veins you use asceptic technique, never reuse a needle, how to avoid valves, everything.

Best way to find and remember veins is after a hot shower, quickly dry off, sit comfortably, get a decent tourniquet, pump your arms up and down to get blood pumping,place firmly tightly across your bicep, pump up muscles again and draw with a marker where the most obvious plump veins are. Should feel like a tiny hose and firm.

After care, alcohol wipe and apply pressure immediately or itll leak.

Never use same spot in a day, leave it for a few days. You'll have to move upwards towards the shoulder a bit if using same vein to let it heal.

Dont miss, dont use legs or feer, hands are really delicate. Use a 30 or 31g needle if you've got small veins. Use sterile saline if you want to practise as its serious you don't fuck up or waste drugs.

After care, alcohol wipe and apply pressure immediately or itll leak
I heard that you're better off avoiding alcohol wipes AFTER the injection and using tissue or a plaster, something about the alcohol irritating the site and doing small damage or causing scars.
Not saying i havent done it thousands of times and tbf still do... But, do as I say and not as i do n all 😂
But yeah u normally don't have anything else to use. I'm covered in scars, collapsed veins and bloody stained clothes so... What do I know 🤷‍♂️
I'm like a lost cause now with my veins, but I'll try educate newbies from my mistakes, makes me feel better about making them in the first place if at least 1 person can learn from them

So update lol. The cellulitis is long gone but I have come to notice y'all are right the hard spits are common. Eh I wish someone wouldve been honest and not made shooting up or meth at all seem soo amazing. Fuckin sucks.