Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

IV Meth: Too Much? what are the symptoms please

justahigh

Bluelighter
Hi, lately Ive been using close to a point a day, but today is very strange. If I just walk to the kitchen I am out of breath and I have sweating across my nose. I can’t bend over either as I hear and feel the strongest blood pressure/pressure sounds in my head.
I only ever use 2 dealers and did not get a high from any shot, what does this sound like to you?

I don't mean to sound judgemental - but it sounds like you're using too much.
Honestly; it would be irresponsible for anyone here to hazard a guess on matters relating to your health.

If you think there is something seriously wrong (intravenous use of "street drugs" can cause any number of complications) I would recommend getting yourself to a hospital as soon as you can.

Stroke and cardiac arrest are both within the realms of possibility when shooting stimulants.
...and so is a degree of paranoia or irrational concern for that matter.

I think you need to weigh up how you're feeling as best you can, and seek urgent medical care - even if you're not sure.
I mean, if it's bad enough for you to ask here, it is worth getting checked out by a doctor.
Be safe - i hope you are ok

Hi, lately Ive been using close to a point a day, but today is very strange. If I just walk to the kitchen I am out of breath and I have sweating across my nose. I can’t bend over either as I hear and feel the strongest blood pressure/pressure sounds in my head.
I only ever use 2 dealers and did not get a high from any shot, what does this sound like to you?

how long have you been using that amount daily? and are there any other physical symptoms that youve noticed arise recently?

...kytnism...:|

you know when you've had too much :)

heartattack? stroke?

both?

etc etc. or blackout completely

as an ex methh addict who has suffered fro hypertension throughout years, my arm chair diagnoses has me swaying toward that you are malnourished and dehydrated and, more than likely, need some solid rest and a break from the gear.

you NEED to see a GP asap as all we can do is speculate over here which doesnt help one bit.

please see a dr asap and please do update us.

pretty fucked up situation OP, I'd be seeing a GP ASAP if I was you.. ontop of getting a blood pressure monitor if your a daily user just to keep ontop of things.. I suffer from genetic hypertension and even on ACE inhibitors (Idont take BETA blockers when Im user stimulants because, from what I've read, its baaaaaaaaaaad), my BP hits like 170+/80-90 after IVing half a point of kuta stuff... best keepin an eye on it man, better safe than sorry (I rarely use these days due to my BP)

as an ex methh addict who has suffered fro hypertension throughout years, my arm chair diagnoses has me swaying toward that you are malnourished and dehydrated and, more than likely, need some solid rest and a break from the gear.

you NEED to see a GP asap as all we can do is speculate over here which doesnt help one bit.

please see a dr asap and please do update us.

if you dont mind me asking, do you suffer from hypertension when your sober or just when ya cooked? and what do you read in each situation? just tryin to put myself into perspective with other people that have the same condition...

From a nurses(not a doctor! I see a lot so I have knowledge but I haven't studied it an university for years) point of view I think you either have a pre-existing condition and the meth is causing you damage. You could just be malnourished and dehydrated but you could also most definitely be having or already had a stroke, heart attack (people often have heart attacks & strokes while sleeping or awake & not even know until an ECG has been performed, you may have even had some kind of seizure/fit and not know[again people often have seizuresx ). Either way you need to go to a doctor TODAY! & if you can't you need a hospital. What your experiencing is not normal & signs that something may be very wrong! Don't panic, just be calm & do it.

I inject between 1-3 points a day and it's Fucked me right up. I'm booked into detox & rehab. Not long ago I thought my heart wasn't far off enough but somehow it's still ticking.

I can't do coke anymore coz it sucks with my heart in a scary way & I live somewhere where coke can be total shit or relatively pure and the second or third last time I used coke I had 8 lines in 30 minutes & was very annoyed. Then I got some off this guy & it was great to have a line or 2 to test then IV the rest. There's not a lot of coke worthy of IV'ing around here but this mixed up clear. Then I got the next gram which he said was better but I didn't think by too much. I was so wrong. I had between .2-.3g and I've had bad panic & anxiety attacks so I've been through the whole "I'M DYING, FUCK! BREATH!" But they were in my head. This time I'm sure I came a hairs width length away from either dying or having a stroke/heart attack (and there's many types, heart attacks are complex) but I think I was most likely going to have a seizure which more than likely would have
Caused a heart attack. Coke scares me so much now.

if you dont mind me asking, do you suffer from hypertension when your sober or just when ya cooked? and what do you read in each situation? just tryin to put myself into perspective with other people that have the same condition...

after i quit meth i still suffered for a while, using atenolol to help control it.

after exercising and getting back fitness it essentially disappeared though, suffering from chronic pain i do get ocassional spikes when in sheer pain. so the only real times i have high bp is when in a great deal of pain.

high bp runs in my family, and having to see my dr on a regular basis, i have it checked once every month or two just to keep on top of it and to this day its been all fine. apart from the days of immense pain.

hit me up if youve anything else.

Its so hard to know whether what I'm feeling physically is being manifested psychologically or if its real.

When I'm coming down for many years now I've experienced intense tension in my chest and shoulders and I always convince myself I'm having a cardiac episode unless I have benzos, seroquel or opiates. Pot makes it worse 10 fold unless I have one or more of those calmatives, then it potentiates greatly. Like today I had my regular 100mg methadone, 4mg of xanax which is a fairly small dose for me as benzo tolerance takes forever to diminish for me and some pot after much crystal meth last night and I'm feeling quite nice :)

The fact that the crystaline compound you iv'd did not produce any text book effects like those of methamphetamine and given your negative respitory responses it should raise alarm bells to either stop using those dealers or look into all the possible crystaline compounds that it could be instead of methamphetamine, So no high at all ?

Are you able to speak with other customers of his/her product that Iv and are you on any medications etc ? If not no big deal but id be interested to see what some dealers are using as cutters or substitute alternatives.

Sorry you had a shit time.

I'd stay away from meth full stop.

To me a meth rush begins with a tummy back flip(though I rarely vomit) and the feeling in your throat. Then my breathing becomes rapid for a bit but if what your feeling is different to your normal rush then I'd steer clear of that stuff. If its happening every time either quit or smoke it or something.

Some genetics and races can't tollerate meth as much as others. It's strange you see those faces of meth photos then i look at someone as myself having used amphetamines for 15 odd years and i can't tell, it's like ive never used meth before.

There are so many cutting alternatives been used as adulterants or as a means to increase weight that it's any wonder why people have adverse effects. So many compounds can be clear and crystaline, but which ones are they using most? i can only think of about 5 or so, do any of us here know the extent of the cutters used or if they are active/inactive dangerous?

If the op had say ingested a desoxyn tablet i wonder if he would get the same effects as the iv of crystaline product or even ingestion of the product he had that was bunk that might be worth while trying out justahigh to see if there are any nasty adulterants causing nasty conflicitons and reactions.

ld50 vs ssri said:
Some genetics and races can't tollerate meth as much as others. It's strange you see those faces of meth photos then i look at someone as myself having used amphetamines for 15 odd years and i can't tell, it's like ive never used meth before.

Realistically though I think the 'faces of meth' shit is mainly just propoganda and doesn't represent the average meth user. The campaign is based on scare tactics and I'm sure they pick the worst and most graphic examples, and I think poverty, disease and hardship contribute a lot to those faces, though arguably that's all tied in to the meth use. I think meth use can affect your appearance but in my experience taking care of basic hygeine means you can use pretty heavily without it affecting your appearance much.

Last edited:
Realistically though I think the 'faces of meth' shit is mainly just propoganda and doesn't represent the average meth user. The campaign is based on scare tactics and I'm sure they pick the worst and most graphic examples, and I think poverty, disease and hardship contribute a lot to those faces, though arguably that's all tied in to the meth use. I think meth use can affect your appearance but in my experience taking care of basic hygeine means you can use pretty heavily without it affecting your appearance much.

Agreed. :)

Anxiety attack, vomiting, tachycardia, palpitations, Pulmonary embolism, Thrombus, Aneurysm (brain, aortic), M.I., Shortness of breath, dizzyness/vertigo. Elevated blood pressure, muscle spasms, constricted vain/arteries, cold extremities. These are just short term possible adverse outcomes from to big a shot of gear or your usual shot of gear and suddenly the purity jumped from 60% to 99%. Just my thoughts, experience and some medical facts.

Preexisting co-morbidity's will increase the risk of these adverse outcomes as will mixing other drugs. Most stimulants will do damage to the cardio-vascular system and over time with continued use abuse the damage gets worse. Fen/Pen for example. Shit to big a dose of any drug can kill you so why think meth is any different. You will get away with way higher doses of meth though vs mixing shit like MPA and MDPV which is just dumb, take it from me.

Once I made the connection between food, vitamins, water and sleep with daily meth use the negatives were reduced by such a huge percentage that I maintained for close to 9 months. My panic attacks nearly ceased, I maintained an acceptable weight and I stayed relatively sane.

Though while I never looked anything like any of those pics in the FOM campaign I did eventually lose the plot. And no matter how well you look after yourself the average meth addict will end up with mental illness(temporary or permanent) after some time. Its just not sustainable in the way heroin is.

Even now after using at most once a fortnight for months I still suffer residual negatives from using. My emotional state was severely damaged from those 9 months for at least another 9 months :/

Jesus i just looked at my old post, "a point a day" shit!!!! Im going through 5 a day now and dont think i feel all that much,i know better, wtf has happened to me?

Once I made the connection between food, vitamins, water and sleep with daily meth use the negatives were reduced by such a huge percentage that I maintained for close to 9 months. My panic attacks nearly ceased, I maintained an acceptable weight and I stayed relatively sane.

Even now after using at most once a fortnight for months I still suffer residual negatives from using. My emotional state was severely damaged from those 9 months for at least another 9 months :/

I agree the key to maintaining a solid functioning physical and mental state when using meth is sleep and food whenever you can, anyone who doesn't get sleep for 3 days or more whether your on meth or night will be subject to negative side effects.

im also only a fortnight user via inhalation method of admin and i find if you cut it of at 2.5 points of meth and it's good gear you will get a respectable two days and two nights out of the high sleeping on the second night not making the rest of your week without meth too much of a downer or full of lethargy. Half a gram and upwards seems to be a little on the neurotoxic side and leaves you having to recover for atleast a week when i say recover i dont mean that it's that bad you cant function it's just the tiredness and what you have to recoup from missing two days of sleep whilst on the meth. However it's always nice to have that extra in the bowl to smoke lol but i try to refrain from getting too much. :)

Peace <3