• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

IV Meth Possible Artery/Nerve hit or blown vein?

HereForInformation

Greenlighter
Im pretty familiar with everything to do with shooting up and precautions and safety and what not. Shot everything under the sun.

Anyways, earlier I shot up meth in one of the main veins on my right arm right in the crook of it. I didn't feel any pain but only getting through 10cc of my shot I felt an odd tingling sensation hit my right hand immidiately. No pain but it freaked me out enough I pulled the needle out. Next think I know my right hands entire hand goes a bit numb but my right thumb and pointer finger and the right side of my palm go number than I've ever felt. It stayed numb for a good 15/20min before it started to go back to normal.

I didn't notice any swelling and no pain. Not for the last 2 hours (5 or so hours after the original shot) my right hand is oddly cold as if the circulation is cut off and it feels sorta numb. Also when I have my arm bend fully I don't feel anything but when I extent my arm out, I feel pain in the injection site and it sorta feels like my skin is going taught there.

Any ideas? I originally thought I hot a vein or nerve somehow but I felt no pain and everything ive read I would have had to have felt a bunch of pain. Then I started looking into ruptured or collapsed vein but my symptoms cause of no pain and my hand feeling so cold has me unsure of what it is.
My hand never swelled up or anything.

My gut reaction when you mentioned your thumb and index finger was an artery shot.

But then again if it were an artery shot IME it shod have hurt like a mother fucker at just a few units

Tho I have no experience with artery shots that far up the arm..

ive had the exact same experince, it freaked me out for the first few minutes, all my mates said i hit an artery. i was wackin H tho not meth

Thanks for the responses guys.

Just an update; my hand feels normal and the injection site has a very small bump that hurts when I touch it and when I extend my arm it still hurts a decent bit but otherwise things aren't looking too bad and nothing that I believe calls for concern.

RISKING INJECTION ACCIDENTALLY INTRA-ARTERIALLY MAY CAUSE AMPUTATION OF THE INVOLVED EXTREMITY AND EVEN IF NOT IS ALTOGETHER VERY UNHEALTHY! Even if you just "have a feeling that you might be injecting intra-arterially, you need to withdraw the syringe immediately, and since it is likely to be blood-mixed, finish the injection as an IM or SC (non-IV) injection provided the needle has not been contaminated. Your description describes one of two ways one would suspect intra-arterial injection.
A. Tingling, pain, or sensations distal to the injection site (farther away from the heart than the place where the needle is going in, e.g. if you use the antecubital space (inside your elbow), distal would mean your forearm or hand.
B. Sudden influx of bright red blood entering your syringe without you drawing up on the plunger. This is the much redder intra-arterial, oxygenated blood, which is under its own pressure (your blood pressure!) and can thus force its way into your syringe on its own. IF THIS HAPPENS WITHDRAW THE SYRINGE THE MOMENT IT STARTS. Once again, finish injecting by doing so IM or SC, but all the blood in the syringe ruins a reattempt at an IV administration.

If you ignore this advice there is some 30-60% chance that within a few hours you will be in the OR having your extremity amputated surgically!!
&&