• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

IV intravenious 4-AcO-DMT oddly TOO MUCH like DMT

yoyoman

Bluelighter
Been a big fan of 4-AcO-DMT (although I like psilocybin/psilocin a tad better). Lately been trying the IV route.

Its STRANGELY like DMT, not quite the same, but wow. Even the weirdness and crackling of plastic sound is there. Its a totally different trip than other routes.

After I did it (just 10mg, watched the front of a Shpongle album rotate into a 4D object) I then read there is big discussion going on at DMT nexus about it. I haven't looked yet.

It hits fast. I heard 20-50mg is where its at even beyond DMT hyperspace.

I wonder if IV psilocin would do the same thing? Its quite different to oral/IM/insufflated.

I really wonder whats going on here. Its eerily similar to actual DMT. All the weirdness and everything.

I really hope some companies start producing different esters of psilocin. Like 4-propionyl-DMT or anything else (bigger, longer) they can stick on there. I think 4-Acetoxy-DMT is active on its own so I wonder if lengthing the ester would produce a more psilocybin like compound. One that cannot work until the ester is removed so we can have a true ester of psilocin that works as good as psilocybin (psilocin being the desired active drug only).

Yeah, IV 4-aco-dmt is really similar to vaped DMT in my experience too.
Is it really that surprising though?
I experienced some (closed eye) visuals on mushrooms recently (moderately high dose) that were very remeniscent of DMT in a way i'd never experienced before, and i have a lot of experience with shrooms.
Admittedly i have very little to add beyond my subjective experiences - as my education in the field of neuroscience and pharmacology is extremely limited - but these variations of psilocin and DMT having similar effects (depending on ROA, etc) doesn't seem that surprising to me.
I've always wondered how IV DMT compares to IV 4-AcO-DMT - besides what i presume would be a shorter duration?

I totally agree. My trip with IVd 4-aco was completely similar to my vaped dmt breakthrough trip in visual character, it was much more complex and intense, plus it was many times longer. I find it much more valuable because of the duration as well. With psilocin, 2mgs iv is apparently equipotent to 15mgs oral according to a David Nutt study so this likely translates to psilacetin as well.