• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV Into Foot

this is imo a bad place to inject. if you use a very fine gauge needle and your technique is up to par you won't get track marks. it's not like in movies where there's a giant black patch where the person shot up, if you use a fine enough needle and aren't shooting cocaine or other stims 35 times in a night you probably won't have any marks. don't use your feet, it will be that much harder to hit a vein which means more pokes and more risk of missing with the risk of abscesses that goes with it. try a 31 or 32 guage 5/16th, and aim for the cephalic vein. thank me later.

Trick to not getting tracks in your arm is one poke, smooth register obviously, but then take it out by applying pressure to the wound while the needle is still in, and then pull it out. That way you prevent the blood from rushing up to the surface which causes the marks. I shot up for years and have not a single mark left anywhere, because i used careful technique and sharp needles almost every time. Some people though, aren't so lucky, and have black lines up and down their arms forever.

I've only IV'd in my foot once due to me being curious as to how it would compare to using my arms. I had read that the rush would be slightly delayed, but still wanted to give it a try because I also thought it would be nice to use a spot that would make hiding marks from using easier. I did this about a year ago at which point I was still very new to IVing.

Anyway to the point, It wasn't too difficult to hit the vein despite having to deal with my veins rolling slightly. After registering and doing the shot I noticed that the rush did take longer to kick in then when using my arms. What really turned me off from repeating the experience was the very uncomfortable histamine reaction that occurred around the injection site. The skin along the vein that I hit became very puffy/swollen and I got one of those itches that you can't get rid of regardless of how much you scratch. Being new to the whole aspect of IV use I was pretty nervous at the time that I did something terribly wrong to my foot.

Overall it was a rather unpleasant experience, but I'm not sure if the results would be the same if I were to try it again someday.

Make sure you sanitize area with alcohol, feet are far more likely to pick up nasty bacteria. Also make sure what you're injecting into is a vein and not an artery......you can spot arteries by the color of the blood coming back ( usually with more pressure than a vein ) as brighter and more frothy.
While shooting into an artery sucks pain wise for sure. If I’m having a hard time and I get bright red flash I usually don’t care at the moment. I’ll take the pain. It does burn like hell though

IV'ing your foot isn't a great idea. The veins essentially are a one-time usage situation. They are mostly small and are susceptible to rolling. If you do decide to inject your foot, please don't miss because you will experience a fiery flesh burning sensation only an extreme sadist could enjoy. Good luck.