• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IV/IM Tryptamines/Phenethylamines

Two hours does seem short when talking about it but I feel if I can get whatever I want done in that amount of time, it isn"t necessarily a drawback. Two hours is only the peek (which can actually sometimes last up to three hours) and you still have an hour or two to come back to baseline.

Liking or disliking is of course a matter of personal taste, but I suppose there's still no valid research as to the potenial health risks of IV'ing over oral ingestion? What are the chances, if sensible doses are used, that injecting would be more lethal then ingesting orally? A part from codeine, I've never heard of that being the case, although I've never really looked into it. Of interest also are peak plasma levels and risks of overdose, can these be avoided (to the extent of oral consumption) with correct dosage?

As always, research is lacking with these chemicals, but it seems to me to be a shame to avoid these (incredible) experiences due to speculation. I understand that this is a harm reduction forum, and that the general advice is most likely "if you don't know what it might be doing to you, don't do it", but in the realm of RCs, I don't think anyone knows what they're really doing to you, and it seems to me that there would be know reason to expect increased risk when the IV route is chosen (with proper dosage and knowledge of injection techniques (sterility, micron filter...).

Question. In terms of Tryptamines and I guess PEA, how does SubQ injection differ from IM? Is there any noticeable difference? Or should I just switch to SubQ as it seems less sore-ful and safer.

for tryps I've tried: its a little slower come-up, but not by much...pretty nearly equipotent.

I wouldn't IM PEAs at all man

IM and IV 2c-e IS NOT MEANT TO BE DONE, it hurts like a bitch...

^ Really, 2C-E burns via every route other than oral (and if you think about it, where doi the feelings of nausea originate - GI distress, what could be causing that? I wonder =D). I'll take other's opinions as to whether injection burns, but I've seen people snort it then look like they've been hit in the face with a frying pan & I've felt the unsettling tingle of 2C-E rectally, but 2C-E is a psychedelic with a physical price to pay, just like stims (muscle tension), opiates (itching) etc. That most psychedelics are physically benign is just good luck (and that they mostly interfere with non essential functions of the brain, unlike opiates that decreases the respiritory centre or most stimulants that disrupt thermal regulation/body temp etc - well as non essential as rational thinking is to different people! =D.

yeah I saw a friend shoot a load of 2CE into his delt and then quickly (5 minutes) complain of a burning sensation in his heart. Fuckin scared the shit out of me I tried to remain calm with him so it wouldn't fuck with his quickly rising trip.

I think the way to go with 2CE is staggered rectal doses.

What is it about 2CE that people have complained about heart problems??

I think its just cause its an irritant to living tissue. It just burns us (snorting, sublingual, plugging, injecting).

Thats why you have to be careful what you burn when you consume it. Burn your nasal passages...? Well, OKkkkkkk....burn your rectal lining...Okkkkk sure

burn your heart? NO! 8o

I guess when you inject the peak plasma levels are higher and this means more concentrated 2CE passes through your heart and does more damage. If you keep peak plasma levels lower then I think much less damage will be done.

Same reasoning that suggests we keep concentrations somewhat low in solution when we inject. If you inject just 10 units into a muscle with a bunch of drugs diluted in it then its likely to burn real bad. If you inject 100 units with the same amount of drug diluted as the 10unit dose then it will burn much much less (ime).

I've done 2C-E sublingually without any burn, as to IV'ing I use no more then 5mg/mL and I've never had any problems (not me nor 5 others who have tried the same dose/concentration)... What kind of concetration were the people reporting burns using?

II hear stuff like 2C-T-7 is IV-able, but 2C-E its not recommended.
LOLWHAT?! 2C-E not recommended? I mean, I wouldn't ever recommend anyone to get into mainlining anything, not even psychedelics, but IV 2C-E is the fucking shit! It's almost like a loooong DMT experience. I enter another world when that shit hits my brain. 4mg IV'ed is like 30mg administered orally. Just had to set this straight lol.

EDIT: Never caused any burning sensation whatsoever as long as the shot hits the vein. For this kind of stuff though which will really hurt when you miss a shot, I tend to use butterflies and larger volumina of water. Last shot of 2C-E I did was 2.2mg in .44ml of water, but mixed with 15mg 2-Oxo-PCE in 2ml of aqeous solution. So that's round about 1mg/ml.

IVing 2CT7 would also be a pretty bad idea considering that it's one of the more physically dangerous psychedelics and and no real known information is to be had on relative bioavailability and apparently just snorting it caused people a massive increase in difficulties back in the day.

2C-C felt wrong to me IM'ed... gave me superficial breathing and I felt fucked up apart from any psychedelic and wanted effects. I personally would not like to inject other phens. Injecting several tryptamines felt intense but certainly not wrong.

Good point about the 2C-T-7 which I think has even yielded fatalities snorted?

I IV'ed 5-MeO-MIPT and no other drug has ever made me feel so wrong. I'm pretty sure that doesn't extend to other tryptamines though. Shit, mainlining DMT is a blast. However with 2C-E I have come to feel that is the route I will always choose. (Avoiding the words 'how it's meant to be used' here)
It removes all the annoying symptoms of the come-up and is a thousand times more intense. Plus it's cheap as fuck, not that 2C-E wasn't cheap enough as it is.

2C-T-7 has yielded fatalities snorted. People mistook it for something else though I think and dosed much too high. I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly 2 people within the same group died that day. Pretty sure erowid has both an article and an experience report on one such (the only?) incident.

2C-M (2C-D) is lovely IM and IV both, although intense, and I would guess (i.e. pulling numbers wholly out of my ass) that it is ~3-4x the strength orally but whatever it is it is a big difference; trip report.

Me and my more degenerate friends use to love shooting DMT and heroin together, sometimes even with some cocaine added in.

I also enjoyed 2C-B IM and IV, IV not so hot actually but IM actually better than oral (I always had the tolerance of a horse for this drug though, i.e. would think nothing of taking well in excess of 120mg orally *which I would emphatically not suggest that anyone do unless you've worked your way up there and even still...*—this did not extend to other drugs of the family though); I don't care for -I or -E, or -C, so never tried them, and avoided -T-7 and even -21 for the aforementioned reasons.

IM DMT is one of my favorite psychedelics. It is not entirely dissimilar to smoking DMT while on a MAOI (so-called "changa" when syrian rue is laced with DMT and smoked; but my experiences were with p.o. moclobemide + smoked DMT); IV is great but epically intense in high doses. Almost every other tryptamine I tried IM (including 5-MeO-MiPT, contrary to the above, although of course tastes vary and it's one of my favorite drugs; as well as 4-{AcO/HO}-{DMT/MiPT/DiPT}) were great (yes that is 7 different drugs, attempted to be expressed concisely ;)), I've tried all of the aforementioned IV as well.

Needless to say you do not need the same doses as orally, but I wouldn't dare suggest a dose, but it does seem that the difference is less than the phenethylamines, speaking generally, which would be as saying the tryptamines in general have better p.o. bioavailability, which I'm sure there is some objective data on, for at least some of them, but I don't know of it immediately.

Last edited:
"side lined?"

(and actually given that it's one of my favorites and I'm a fanatical IVDU I never actually really dared to needle 5-MeO-DMT which I guess says something about the particularly awesome nature of the drug in my view, in the literal sense of the word)

What do you mean side-lined? IM? Or just a non major vein?

I reckon IM would be the ideal ROA for 5-MeO-DMT - no distracting burning or drip in sinuses, no horrible vapor inhalations, no messing around with stuff up your butt. The problem with IM is sterility, purity, dealing with the gear and learning good technique.

edit: oop looks like I was writing while you posted SKL.

@SKL: I've seen you write about 5-MeO-DMT before and I'm aware of the reverence you have for it. Curious what ROA you prefer(ed?) for it?

Eh I have IMed those and I would not IV them but also don't want to vape 5-MeO-DMT. I think IM 5-MeO-DMT is less heavy than vaping it even if it lasts longer... @ skl

Yeah no IMing isn't into any line so i was jk

yeah IM'ing anything that's not reasonably pure and sterile is actually worse than IV'ing it, as your body has mechanisms to filter blood; they don't work 100% and they are finite, hence junkies winding up with endocarditis and people with deposits of shit in their lungs and embolisms and so on, but IMing bad stuff is a very clear route to a nasty, potentially life threatening and disfiguring (from having a nasty and permanent depression or scar in the relevant tissue to losing a limb) abscess. now, crystalline-looking research chemicals are "probably" pure "enough" but also almost certainly not handled under proper sterile conditions throughout the way, filtering has worked for me, but note the "scare quotes," they are there for a reason. IMing anything extracted from a plant, ever, is a bad idea unless you know for a very sure fact that it has been extracted and all those plant particles are gone, they do not tend to react well with the body and can also readily cause anaphylaxisis &c. even IV'd; yes, people do it with black tar heroin, but never really to a good end.

if you're from the West Coast (I am not) then you have probably seen what it does to people's bodies firsthand more than once. but other plants about what less is known, certainly not. weird Chinese-made [or whatever] Ts & Ps or other RCs, of the wholly synthetic type, filtering, ideally with a wheel filter, but failing that reasonable usual filtering and standard good IV practice is probably as safe as (a useful metric I think) shooting East Coast powder dope or cocaine if not safer (note these are both derived from plants, ultimately) depending on your the quality of your boy/girl; I've IV'd all sorts of RCs including ounces of mephedrone and (not technically an RC but made and distributed under similar conditions) ketamine, and IM'd the ones I outlined above, without lasting trouble; but there is always the potential for infection and other problems there, and again, contrary to many people's intuition, I'd emphasize that IV is safer than IM, being very mindful, of course, of the differences in dose and onset*

*many of the longer-acting drugs, like the psychedelic amphetamines and LSD, do not, contrary again to many people's intuitions, peak immediately after an IV shot; rather, the initial "first alert" or first odd feeling that you get in your head or the pit of your stomach, etc. when you are starting to trip happens immediately; and IM has no real advantage over oral (except possibly, depending on the drug, dose, but the safety tradeoff is probably not worth it and LSD, for one, has quite good oral BA)