• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids IV Hydromorphone or IV Oxymorphone?

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

I've came across an importer on a dark website who sells vials of Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone. Just a quick question.. which one is stronger and more euphoric??

Cheers guys!

I think Hydromorphone is 1.5 times stronger, but I have never taken either myself so cannot comment on the euphoria.
You wanna be VERY careful with injecting opioids that powerful.

I think Hydromorphone is 1.5 times stronger, but I have never taken either myself so cannot comment on the euphoria.
You wanna be VERY careful with injecting opioids that powerful.

Yeah I know. I'm already prescribed Oxycodone 120mg daily so I've got a decent tolerance.

Yeah I know. I might not even buy any I'm just curious about it.

Well at least you're asking questions first :)
If you do take one, I'd look up what doses they usually give it in in injection form and don't take more than the maximum IV amount that would be prescribed (y)
Just try'na help you stay safe!

Last edited:
You could always just snort the liquid by pouring it into a bottle cap and using a straw. Or you could plug them.

You could always just snort the liquid by pouring it into a bottle cap and using a straw. Or you could plug them.

If I dried the liquid out would I be left with a powdery residue? Similar to drying Ketamine out?

If I dried the liquid out would I be left with a powdery residue? Similar to drying Ketamine out?
Both of them, as well as other 14-dihydromorphinones are white crystalline powders -- which need to be protected from light . . . the powder you get will probably be off-white, and solutions thereof turn from clear to an amber colour. There is not an appreciable change in potency according to all reports, but something is happening so use opaque containers for everything and limit the time and intensity of light exposure.

Individual metabolism can affect some of the ratios, especially the morphine equianalgesia ratio:
oxymorphone HCl 10 mg IV = hydromorphone HCl 12.5 mg IV = morphine HCl 100 mg IV = oxymorphone HCl 100 mg PO = hydromorphone HCl 62.5 mg PO = morphine HCl 600 mg PO

The morphine to hydromorphone equianalgesia ratio is published as 8:1 -- this is the median and I think +3σ is 10:1 and -3σ is 4:1
The morphine to oxymorphone equianagesia ratio is published as 10:1 -- in my own experience and what I have seen of the literature, the variation is less

Duration of action: 4-6 hours morphine, 2-5 hydromorphone, 3-7 oxymorphone

Both drugs exhibit a moderate improvement in potency and bioavailability when taken SL versus PO: oxymorphone doubles BA to 20 per cent and trebles to 30 per cent via the buccal route; hydromorphone increases from 30-35 to 55 per cent, morphine increases some but to a lesser extent.
The 10:1 oxymorphone PO:IV ratio and 5:1 hydromorphone ratio do not seem to vary much, and compare to 6:1 for morphine
For all three drugs, there is no appreciable decline in potency in SC or IM administration versus IV but an increase of duration of action of 10-25 per cent
The PR to PO potency ratio for all three drugs is about 2:1 . . . morphine PR bioavailability 71 per cent, thought to be 80-88 for hydromorphone and oxymorphone
PO bioavailability: morphine 20-40 per cent, hydromorphone 30-35 per cent, oxymorphone 10 per cent
Intranasal potency and BA increases by a noticeable amount, and this is the case for all three but more marked with oxymorphone (BA more than quadruples, 10 to 4 per cent) and hydromorphone (30-35 per cent to 60-75 per cent)
Dose response curves: oxymorphone is steepest, then hydromorphone, then morphine

all three: 100 mg anhydrous HCl = 89.1 mg free base

Last edited:
Or just plug them for simplicity and to avoid destroying the lovely droogs with heat and light.

OP, you mentioned that you are currently prescribed Oxycodone at a relatively high dose. I do believe that you can handle these powerful Opioids but I worry intensely about the dubiousness of ordering these chemicals from an online source. Just like with Methamphetamine manufacture, it's not the initial process that scares me most, it's the following syntheses that will inevitably follow as my addiction carries me. If you successfully are ordering a ton of Oxymorphone from online, it would be tragic for it to suddenly A. disappear B. become Carfentanil et al.

Oxymorphone (Opana, Numorphan)

Oral oxymorphone is more potent (per mg) than oral oxycodone or oral morphine with estimated initial oral conversion ratios for morphine and oxycodone to oxymorphone (which do not take into account incomplete opioid cross-tolerance) of 3:1 and 2:1, respectively [24,26]. These conversion ratios are only estimates, necessitating individualized titration with close monitoring of each patient until a dose providing acceptable efficacy and tolerability is identified. The Bioavailability of this drug is given for each route of administration:

Per Oral: 10% Intranasally: 40% Rectal: Somewhere around the nasal bioavailability but possibly higher. Oxymorphone is highly lipid soluble which could make for a higher absorption rate in the rectum

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)

Hydromorphone is another highly potent Opioid but with some major differentiating factors when compared with Oxymorphone. It's duration of action is notably shorter and the bioavailability proportions are a little different. As seen above, Oxymorphone when taken parenterally (injected by any route) is up to ten times the oral rate of absorption.

Hydromorphone also possesses a large increase in bioavailability based upon the route of administration.

Per Oral: 30% Intranasal 50% - 60%

Thanks for the replies guys.

Oxycodone has a rather stimulating euphoric rush which makes it unique, is Oxymorphone like this?

hydromorphone, it hits almost 5-10x stronger than heroin in my experience but what are you gonna make your solution out of pills? if theyre from beaded hydro, make sure you don't heat it up just stir for like 10min till the liquid you used (i use sodium chloride 0.9%) is slightly milky toned, if you heat up the beads, the beads tend to turn into a gel-like substance, not so good to have.

Dilaudid Hcl tablets dissolve completely in water (use heat)

stay safe.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Oxycodone has a rather stimulating euphoric rush which makes it unique, is Oxymorphone like this?

Not to the extent would expect and oxycodone is almost unique in having a very notable C-Jam type feeling to it combined with the typical narcotic effects, but the loquaciousness and empathogenic effect seems to apply to oxymorphone and the rest of the 14-dihydromorphinones and semi-synthetics as well and the latter seems strongest with hydrocodone and is there with hydromorphone, but not 5, 8, 10, or 16 times stronger, and is actually a little weaker, so there is not a linear relationship with analgesic potency.

I wouldn’t say one is stronger than the other but they definitely have a different high. Hydromorphone has a very nice rush when first injected, almost on par to a heroin rush. But the drug does not last that long after the initial rush is over. On the other hand Oxymorphone does seem to last longer and have a more consistent steady high with less of a rush. It just all depends on preference, but personally I would pick hydromorphone because for me it is much more euphoric.

hydromorphone, it hits almost 5-10x stronger than heroin in my experience but what are you gonna make your solution out of pills? if theyre from beaded hydro, make sure you don't heat it up just stir for like 10min till the liquid you used (i use sodium chloride 0.9%) is slightly milky toned, if you heat up the beads, the beads tend to turn into a gel-like substance, not so good to have.

Dilaudid Hcl tablets dissolve completely in water (use heat)

stay safe.
Hello you seem like you know your stuff. I have a bottle of oral liquid hydromorphone I was curious if I could still inject that or if they put some kind of syrup in it so you can't ? Thanks !