• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV Harm Reduction Kit and Supplies

newguy1385

Bluelighter
**EDITED**

WARNING:
The following is aimed at the more enthused Recreational and Professional Psychonauts. That said, IV drug use references are made needles are shown as well as similar medical supplies are discussed. I'm not glorifying it in any way, simply providing a link to safe, clean supplies to reduce risks and increase overall safety. If this goes beyond your realm of comfort, please do not go any further or click on any of the links provided.

TLDR:
This is an excessively long and detailed list of items I've found useful and included in my Go-Bag over the years. I got bored and a bit hyper-focused and decided to catalog everything inside of it to see what I might like to remove, replace, add, or change. This took me down a supply shopping rabbit hole that I figured I would Document so that others might benefit too.

DISCLAIMERS:
1. No acts of drug use or physical drugs are shown.
2. Techniques and procedures are not discussed in any fashion.
3. I do not endorse or encourage the sale or use of drugs or other controlled substances.
4. I'm not providing advice or instructions in any way.
5. I am in no way selling or supplying anything, nor am I being provided with any sort of compensation or kickbacks for writing this and providing the embedded links.
6. I also am not employed or partnered with any company listed in this document.
7. I am not a Medical Professional, simply an Advanced Connoisseur of the Recreational Substance Arts with too much time on my hands.
8. Nothing illegal is shown or provided for in this document.
9. This list is composed of legal supplies and the links where they can be found for a reasonable price. (Some of these items can be hard to find and are niche products, so please share this resource.)

This document is meant to be a resource for where to get fairly priced clean supplies. This is only intended to be a general guide for those who seek to be prepared for all possibilities while you embark on your journey. Hopefully, it saves you time and effort in deciding what supplies are wanted or needed for your kit and provides a starting point for you to explore and expand upon. If you're still with me thus far, please continue to forge ahead. You've finally reached the actual Document!

What I started with:
Medium-sized Electronic Cable Organization Bag I found on Amazon for $25 and repurposed it for my Kit. It does a great job of storing all my supplies organized and clean. It's made of nylon material and is waterproof & shockproof with padded foam, which obstructs water and vapor effectively. Heavy duty and anti-tear material offer all-around protection to all things inside as well as against scratches, dust, impacts, and accidental dropping.
With the addition of a Combination Lock for Zippered Bags to secure and lock the bag from prying eyes, you don't have to worry about someone digging through your bag. It's not indestructible but it's solid enough to delay anyone messing around with it long enough to take control of the situation.

My Kit:
The top compartment is made up of Elastic Straps (picture) and a Zippered Mesh Pocket (picture) for various tools and supplies.

Upper Portion:

4DUDMU0Jgn9fffcV5hGmxbiRPg-5w7V7k6Wu6UI1b1GvlM8YyIXBtZpvBobrdNCRZ7EeocBt7k-kYCKjYGb_LV3c9QnIR-xL9Q4zis9eFpm3Yc4g6CqEGoJx9s0jfL_MAaxCyrEQKfnzRz0TD6wE1Os

1. 31G 5/16" Insulin Syringes
2. Sharpies: Regular & Fine Point - for writing the concentration on prepped vials.
3. Pens for notes while prepping volumetric doses.
4. Flashlight, Penlight (also Penlight with UV light), or a precision/focused light source (this is not a substitution for working in the dark. Always try to work in a well-lit area.)
5. Long Stem Tweezers or Precision Variety Tweezers Kit
6. Long Stem Lab Spatula or 10mg scoop, Stainless Steel Lab Spatula
7. Capsule Filling Kit this is also useful for Oral preparation.
8. Bic Lighter, Torch Pen Lighter, Torch Lighter
9. Small Knife
10. Eye Drops
11. Naloxone Injectable Free from a local Harm Reduction Resource/Syringe Exchange Site.

Lower Portion:

z8CtokVM5WciWhvGZe8M886BFZ1sDO-FR5yLRCizWLhw_Sl6KSmBEUHS-O-gcQ0Pdkt0uyR35v1ncX1wSiYpW-3u7BjbP_mYSGvJsn6-yfEbRqil9KCJM0t23m4PaE98ru4byooHvmqzfGjaNXFpC7U

1. Sterile Syringes Assorted Sizes Individually Sterile Wrapped Syringes: 1mL, 3mL, 5mL, 10mL
2. 30G 8mm Needles

Zippered Mesh Pocket:
3. Fentanyl Test Strip
4. Xylazine Test Strip
5. Silica Moisture Packets
6. Luer Lock Syringe Caps or Luer Lock Syringe Tip Cap
7. 2x2 Cotton Gauze Pads

The bottom compartment has a large Storage Pocket (picture) and Divided Storage (picture) that is customizable.

Large Storage Pocket:

g37wja_MVU00quuT8s8BuRbJvdFW_KgeGkL-drbpzaRWMaoucDjgWlo_95h4hkGUbynZ0OMW7vWlu-6lKfdBUXbNllXADDlnX5-JCkUw0VYmLK1mBFYjSoPhbLMzgQvvySp1LVRZc5_2YL9RbW7l-s4

1. I only have one bag of (10) 31G 5/16" Insulin Syringes, which leaves approximately two-thirds of the pocket unused.
2. Mesh Zipper Pouch to hold trash until I can dispose of it properly.
3. NOT PICTURED: 1 Qt. Home Use Sharps Container.

Divided Storage:

nBdcmohP8AsD9jhS2ucdEWGQbfK0nQaWmOWyWozFm7YBNAWKio0ibaGsHbJfkTI86foYW6zIAEvWYLjnQwrXrvZi5r5xVhenQPBieFxYiNZTsGDO6uY26K78KzUjk1Qe6uXpymzGTR72Uwq6hnDyA3o

1. Benzalkonium Chloride Towelettes great for when you can’t get to a sink with soap and water.
2. Narcan Free from a local Harm Reduction Resource/Syringe Exchange Site.
3. .22 Sterile Micron Filters
4. Sterifilt great alternative Filter option!
5. Miniature First Aid Kit in Reusable Tin:
  • 1x3 Bandages, small bandages, butterfly bandages, spot bandages, knuckle bandages, Antiseptic Wipes, Sting Relief Wipes, Large and Small Safety Pin, and razor Blade
6. Chapstick
7. 30mL Bacteriostatic Water
8. 5mL Sterile Vial with Self-Healing Port
9. Addipak Sterile Solution
10. Milligram Scale
11. Misc. Tools
12. Calibration Weights
13. Alcohol Wipes
14. 2x2 Sterile Cotton Gauze
15. Antibiotic Ointment
16. Tourniquet: Standard & Quick Release
17. 1oz Glass Jar with Cotton Filters (my cotton filters came from the local Syringe Exchange but you can find them online Cotton Filters or use a bit of Q-tip.)
18. 1oz Glass Container with used filters with Silica Desiccant packet
19. 1oz Glass container with Landing Gear: Xan, Val, Muscle Relaxer, Vyvanse, Adderall, and maybe some sort of emergency opioid.
20. .25oz Glass Container with Stash. I've also used a Keychain Pill Container to store my stash. Both are smaller and don't make much noise due to the materials they are made from.
21. Mini Torch Lighter, Torch Lighter, or Torch Pen
22. Nitrile Gloves
23. Disposable Mixing Container/Cooker I got these from a local Syringe Exchange/Harm Reduction Site. I filled out a request online and the next day received Harm Reduction Kits for snorting, smoking, boofing, and IV.
**************FOUND***************
24. Stericup cookers are available for purchase online through ExchangeSupplies.org, which will ship to the US.

Optional Extras and Future Purchases:
1. Numbing Lidocaine Cream
2. Self-Adhesive Bandage
3. Winged Butterfly Needle
4. Clean Baggies, Small Baggies, or Smell Proof Baggies
5. Vein Finder
6. Clean Straws for snorting or Metal Sniffing Straw, Borosilicate Blowing Tubes, Double Barrel Nasal Clean
7. Jumbo Straws as a makeshift lab spatula/scoop, SuperDosing Static-Free Micro Scoop
8. Pipe
9. Sterile Q-tips or Cotton Micro Filters
10. Misc. Over-The-Counter Medications:
  • Ibuprofen, Imodium, Prilosec or Tums, Aspirin (for Heart Attacks), Gas-X, Pepto, Benedry
11. Lidocaine Spray
12. Medium-sized Metal Key-ring This is for the "Key-ring Trick"
13. Condoms
14. Lube
15. Gelatin Capsules for oral dosing
16. General First Aid Supplies
17. Hand Sanitizer
18. Floss Dental care in general is a high priority however a small dental floss case that opens enough to store a g or so is a normal enough item to carry around and won't attract obvious attention.
19. Testing/Reagent Kit, Reaction Tray
20. Portable Syringe Case
21. Diabetic Travel Case
22. Small Circular Labels are good for labeling different substances, writing dates, or concentrations.
23. Butane refill
24. KardiaMobile Personal EKG Monitor - Not vital for anything but fun on a curiosity level. Let's you know how your heart is working while you use it.
25. Pill Crusher & Pulverizer
26. Pill Splitter
27. Essential Chemistry Tools Starter Set:
  • Crucible Tongs, Lab Spatula, Scoop, U-shape, Spoon, Test Tube, Clamps, Stainless Steel Forceps, and tweezers.
  • Not all of these are necessary but most of the tools are useful for a variety of applications from smoking or cleaning your pipe to mixing & measuring
28. Magnifying glass
29. A small cash stash with enough of a buffer to be able to buy the minimum amount needed for a hit. Only use it if the situation is dire and you can't make it without it.
30. Small Notebook
31. Mini Sewing Kit
32. Pepper Spray
33. Travel Size for Men & Women
34. Oil Reducing Face Wipes or Face Cloths
35. Concealer/Makeup
36. Emergency Phone Charging Kit
37. 3’x3’ Mini Tarp as a work surface for unclean locations
38. MultiTool Pen with LED light
39. Stainless Steel Work Tray for a workspace that's easy to clean and sterilize.
40. Straw Brush & Pipe Cleaner - for your straws, pipes, bubblers, and other smoking tools
41. EMT Kit with EMT shears, Hemostat Forceps, Lister Scissors, and Pupil Gauge Penlight
42. Premium Vein Finder
43. Pulse Oximeter
44. Digital Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
45. Apple Air Tag for tracking your locked kit
46. Disinfectant wipes to clean your workspace before mixing your shot.
47. Sniff Kit

All that said, I know this is me being unnecessarily over-prepared but it pays to be thorough and plan for the unexpected, so I go overboard on my supplies and tools.
All supplies are found online through the following websites:
  • Amazon is where I keep a running Master Public Supply Shopping List. The majority of my supplies are from Amazon due to simplicity and speed of delivery. Feel free to explore and add items to the list.
    • THIS IS NOT A WISHLIST. It is simply a Master Public Supply Shopping List anyone can browse or purchase from. There are alternative products and options on the Public Shopping Supply List that are not listed in this document and vice versa.
  • Walmart is oddly the only place to supply Butterfly Needles.
  • ExchangeSupplies.org I'm excited about ExchangeSupplies.org but curious about the overall cost (currency exchange) and shipping time as it's an EU organization.
  • Nasen.org -Provides Locations of Syringe Exchange Sites and Other Resources.
  • NextDistro.org Harm Reduction Supplies by Mail
  • Bunkpolice.com Kits and supplies for Reagent and Separation testing.

What would you add?

What do you have that I don’t?

Last edited:
Really extensive list, @newguy1385. From some of the products listed and vendors, I'm assuming this list constructed from within North America and I'm not sure about the availability of some products, however, I'd add (and have myself) some of the following:
  • Low dead-space syringes, including those with a larger gauge (e.g., 1ml syringe x 27-gauge x ½” (13mm) needles). Narrower needle are more likely to get blocked if injecting pill mixes or thicker fluids. Detachable tips are also high dead-space and therefore carry a greater risks of bloodborne infections if equipment is shared.
  • In addition to the 5.0 micron wheel filters you listed, I'd include:
    • 0.8 micron wheel filter. This will take out tiny powder or pill particles in your mix that, if injected, could lodge in the lungs, accumulating overtime and causing damage.
    • 0.2 micron wheel filter. This will remove all the particles and bacteria from the liquid, and leave your mix clear, reducing the risk of infections getting into the bloodstream.
  • 200ml or 400ml disposable sharps container. I'm not sure what the country-specific laws are around carrying used equipment, but always good to dispose of used equipment properly (i.e. in a sharps container).
  • In addition to naloxone for intramuscular injection, I'd add having a naloxone formulation for intranasal administration (e.g., Nyxoid).
The following aren't items I'd necessarily carry with me at all times, however, given the range of items yo included in your list I'd add:
  • A dried blood spot (DBS) test kit that contains all the necessary items to carrying out sample collection for detection of viral hepatitis (specifically HCV RNA). Note that only some countries and areas will have DBS programs where samples can be collected and sent to a lab for analysis and quantification of the HCV RNA viral load.
  • Since you mentioned having a colorimetric (reagent) testing kit, I'd add a thin-layer chromatography kit (sold as a "separation kit" by BunkPolice). A kit can also be made up by purchasing the components separately.

[Edited for spelling at grammar: 18/10/2023]

Last edited:
You would be correct, I am in North America, the US in particular.
  • I have boxes of low dead-space syringes in 31G 5/16", 30G 1/2", and 28G 1/2" in supply. I keep the smaller gauge for myself and the larger gauge for thicker solutions or those that need a larger needle size in order to get their hit.
  • I use the detachable tip syringes I have to make sure I'm using sterile, one-use supplies while I'm prepping whatever solution I'm planning on injecting. I've never shared equipment with anyone so that isn't an issue, I exclusively one-use all syringes and supplies. If I am with a friend, I will make sure we have enough of everything to each have our own gear.
  • As far as filters, I have the 50-micron cotton filters and .22-micron Wheel Filters. I don't typically inject pills or powders that aren't aqueous soluble but I should probably order some and stash them in my Supply Closet for friends that do.
  • I always have a supply of .22 micron filters for final solutions to clean up remaining contaminants and bacteria. I'm typically the only one in my group that will carry them so they unfortunately disappear fast.
  • I have a sharps container stashed in my Supply Closet and I will transfer any used materials in my Mesh Zip "Trash" Bag to it for removal and proper disposal.
  • I just received a shipment of Narcan for Intranasal use which was already claimed by friends prior to its arrival. I kept two for myself, one in my kit and one in my Supply Closet, and disbursed the remainder upon receipt. I also have Narcan stored in my car, backpack, travel bag, and main bathroom for any emergencies that pop up or to give out to those who would benefit from having it on hand. Not only does my Doctor give me some nearly every time I go for a visit but there are multiple programs in the US that will mail you the safety supplies needed for injection including Naloxone and Narcan.
  • I do NOT have a DBS test kit but now that I know about it I will be looking into it in more detail but honestly, this is the first I have ever heard of this. I believe that in the US we have to go to a lab to have this test. So far I haven't found any kits for home sampling.
  • I also do NOT have the thin-layer chromatography aka "separation" kit either. I will be looking into adding this to my supply closet as it's also available on Amazon for around 40% less than on BunkPolice.com.

Your list has got me thinking about a couple more items I'd add. These include:
  • A personal contact card incase you misplace or become separated from your go-bag. Something along the lines of, "If found, please contact x on (xxx) - xxxx. Note, this bag contains prescribed and over-the-counter medications such as naloxone hydrochloride, lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) and paracetamol. Please handle with care." or similar.
  • A mirror. For those that inject in the neck, a mirror is always handy (and recommended) given the risks associated with neck injecting.
  • Wooden stirring sticks. These can be used with tape to fix the plunger in-place if a mixture has been drawn up and is to be kept in the syringe for later. Fixing the plunger using the solid stirring stick prevents the syringe from accidentally getting plunged during storage.
  • A metal spoon for the preparation of morphine sulphate tablets.
  • Citric acid or similar for substances that require acidification.
There's probably several other items that could be added, but you've got a lot covered.

Your list has got me thinking about a couple more items I'd add. These include:
  • A personal contact card incase you misplace or become separated from your go-bag. Something along the lines of, "If found, please contact x on (xxx) - xxxx. Note, this bag contains prescribed and over-the-counter medications such as naloxone hydrochloride, lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) and paracetamol. Please handle with care." or similar.
  • A mirror. For those that inject in the neck, a mirror is always handy (and recommended) given the risks associated with neck injecting.
  • Wooden stirring sticks. These can be used with tape to fix the plunger in-place if a mixture has been drawn up and is to be kept in the syringe for later. Fixing the plunger using the solid stirring stick prevents the syringe from accidentally getting plunged during storage.
  • A metal spoon for the preparation of morphine sulphate tablets.
  • Citric acid or similar for substances that require acidification.
There's probably several other items that could be added, but you've got a lot covered.
The contact card is kind of a double edged sword. Lol I'm not sure I'd even let it out of arms reach long enough for it to vanish or get lost. I guess the note on the contact card could be innocuous but if they somehow managed to get into it well...

I would have never thought of the mirror for a neck injection but that completely makes sense. That's got to be complicated as hell...

The stirring sticks with tape is a pretty good idea. I haven't had a situation where my plunger got prematurely depressed to flush the solution before use but I can see where that would be extremely frustrating.

Why specifically a spoon for the morphine sulfate tablets? Wouldn't any cooker do?

Citric acid is a good one but I don't know anyone that shoots anything needing it, that said I'll probably end up ordering some packets to store just in case...I have a prepping problem I think. Lol.