• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV Fentanyl Rush compared to Dilaudid or Opana

IV fent is definitely one of the worst opiate experiences I ever had. You can easily recreate the feeling of it by taking just enough of yor DOC to keep the WDs at bay & then getting the fattest person you know to sit on your chest. Definitely oxy/hydromorphone over fentanyl if you got the choice.

Last edited:
Yeah fent is highly overrated. Chemical potency doesn't always translate over to good recreational effects, and with fents case, it's very true. It may be very strong but I'd take just about any opiate over it any day. A good hydromorphone rush or H rush is much more euphoric than fent, IMO.

Fent is like methadone in a 3 day patch.. Good for staving off withdrawals but crappy to try to use in an IV rig... Or to use/abuse/have fun with recreationally... You just kinda sit around and drool but dont feel high...

Ive smoked fentanyl and had it orally. i've tried all opiates even some very rare ones but I don't inject. I smoked some very good heroin (when the h dealer got busted the police tested his product and in the disclosure it showed it to be at 52%) and got up to a gram a day however not even with H I couldn't come close to the rush I would get from the old school duragesic patches of fentanyl gel. Smoking fentanyl has always been nr 1 on my list b/c of the amazing rush I would get similar to what intravenous users describe, other than the rush its a normal opioid high with sedation, euphoria and nodding.

p.s. watch the flaming begin for resurrecting a yr old thread!
I want to say the reason it doesn't feel as euphoric in terms of warmness like dilaudid or morphine is b/c its a fully synthethic opioid and the the IMO the more you move away from a natural opioid (codeine & morphine) to a semi synthetic (oxy, hydro, etc) to a fully synthetic (fentanyl, demerol, etc). the less there is the feeling of warmness nor the histamine release. The feeling of warmness is very closely if not directly associated with histamine release, with the natural opiates codeine & morphine producing the greatest release of histamine and the most amount of 'warmness'. Oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone are semisythetic so the histamine release isn't nowhere near as bad thus less warmness in comparison to morphine, clearer almost uppy high. With fentanyl since its fully synthetic when taken orally it rivals hydromorphone in clarity of mind and it gives minimal histamine release.

I have nothing against fentanyl i think its the nature of the opioid rather of all the fully synthetic opioids!