• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction IV Drug Use: What’s going on with my veins?!

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
I’ve only been using IV meth for about four months after relapsing like an idiot from seven years clean. I’ve never used any other injection sites except for the ones in my arms. I overused a vein in my right arm in the middle crease. I’m not sure what’s wrong with it but it always looks swollen. Anytime I would tourniquet, it get really engorged it doesn’t look right. So I stop using it.

I started using the other two veins in the corner crooks of my arms. They’ve built up quite a bit of scar tissue it appears, and it feels kind of hard underneath the injection site. So recently I just moved a little bit further down the arm below the scarring, but lately I’m not even feeling a rush or even getting my shots at all! I’m pretty certain I’ve never missed. It’s never painful, it always registers, and I never get a bump.

But I always get so nervous about missing that I reregister multiple times and I think that’s bad for the veins? Anyways, not only am I not getting or feeling my shots, but whenever I try to do a shot all my veins get HUGE afterward! If I could post a picture I would. They are seriously bulging and engorged like crazy, bright blue, and it feels like there’s pressure in my hand. But only when my arms are hanging down normally or resting on my lap. I just recently did a pretty good sized one. I didn’t feel anything whatsoever. Just got pretty dizzy and a bit tingly for a few, and my heart pounded hard after a little time passed. My blood pressure seems normal not long after taking it, but my veins in my lower arms and hands are gigantic, bulging, and it feels like there’s a lot of pressure when I let them hang by my side. It of course gets better if I elevate them or raise them up. But I just basically got a tiny bit dizzy, started to freak out, my heart pounded incredibly hard for a good 15 minutes, maybe because of anxiety wondering what the heck is going on. It’s been about 30 minutes and I don’t feel high whatsoever and I just feel totally normal. Which is weird because I did a shot of the same stuff yesterday and I felt a rush and effects from it. Why am I not getting my shots, no rush or anything, and why are my veins big and bulging? Please help :(

I am seeking treatment and plan on going here in a couple of weeks. But just for harm reduction sake, is there any other place that I can do this besides my arms? If that would even help that is

(p.s. I do get a bit on the somewhat paranoid side as far as my health goes sometimes because I know that this sort of thing can potentially be dangerous. I do however always use very sterile equipment, and I recently had a doctors visit to address my plan for quitting in the near future and they ran blood tests, didn’t an EKG, echocardiogram, and all that stuff just to make sure I was healthy. So I don’t know what the heck the deal is. I don’t know if I’ve got thrombosis? Hopefully someone knows more about this stuff than I do.)

Last edited:
Yeh, multiple registering leads to a build up of scar tissue that can seriously impede blood flow in the veins you are constantly using. This is probably why you're not feeling the rush anymore.

Other veins are available, such as the femoral in your groin. However, this is like playing Russian roulette as the femoral artery is very close by. Also, deep vein thrombosis is a very real possibility from this practice, along with loss of limbs.

It sounds like you may have reached the end of the road with IV usage and it's time to resort to other ROAs. Can't you just smoke, snort, boof or even eat the shit?

I get the same thing, I get the worst rash and swelling and my veins are as you described fat and lumpy, so I stopped IV use this was with H though not meth.

Yeh, multiple registering leads to a build up of scar tissue that can seriously impede blood flow in the veins you are constantly using. This is probably why you're not feeling the rush anymore.

Other veins are available, such as the femoral in your groin. However, this is like playing Russian roulette as the femoral artery is very close by. Also, deep vein thrombosis is a very real possibility from this practice, along with loss of limbs.

It sounds like you may have reached the end of the road with IV usage and it's time to resort to other ROAs. Can't you just smoke, snort, boof or even eat the shit?

if that’s the case I’m just going to quit. I refuse to inject in my groin or my neck. I could never be that desperate. I’ve got other veins in my arms, their just small and very sensitive. Is there any way to aid in healing these areas damaged by injection? I always clean with alcohol first, then put some sort of ointment on after. Should I be exfoliating where the scar tissue is? I also heard maybe I should wear compression sleeves but I don’t know if thats true or not

Also, how can a user Tell if they’ve got from Moses? It’s really hard to find answers on the Internet about this stuff when it comes to tell if they’ve got thrombosis? It’s really hard to find answers on the Internet about this stuff when it comes to drug use

I’ve only been using IV meth for about four months after relapsing like an idiot from seven years clean. I’ve never used any other injection sites except for the ones in my arms. I overused a vein in my right arm in the middle crease. I’m not sure what’s wrong with it but it always looks swollen. Anytime I would tourniquet, it get really engorged it doesn’t look right. So I stop using it.

I started using the other two veins in the corner crooks of my arms. They’ve built up quite a bit of scar tissue it appears, and it feels kind of hard underneath the injection site. So recently I just moved a little bit further down the arm below the scarring, but lately I’m not even feeling a rush or even getting my shots at all! I’m pretty certain I’ve never missed. It’s never painful, it always registers, and I never get a bump.

But I always get so nervous about missing that I reregister multiple times and I think that’s bad for the veins? Anyways, not only am I not getting or feeling my shots, but whenever I try to do a shot all my veins get HUGE afterward! If I could post a picture I would. They are seriously bulging and engorged like crazy, bright blue, and it feels like there’s pressure in my hand. But only when my arms are hanging down normally or resting on my lap. I just recently did a pretty good sized one. I didn’t feel anything whatsoever. Just got pretty dizzy and a bit tingly for a few, and my heart pounded hard after a little time passed. My blood pressure seems normal not long after taking it, but my veins in my lower arms and hands are gigantic, bulging, and it feels like there’s a lot of pressure when I let them hang by my side. It of course gets better if I elevate them or raise them up. But I just basically got a tiny bit dizzy, started to freak out, my heart pounded incredibly hard for a good 15 minutes, maybe because of anxiety wondering what the heck is going on. It’s been about 30 minutes and I don’t feel high whatsoever and I just feel totally normal. Which is weird because I did a shot of the same stuff yesterday and I felt a rush and effects from it. Why am I not getting my shots, no rush or anything, and why are my veins big and bulging? Please help :(

I am seeking treatment and plan on going here in a couple of weeks. But just for harm reduction sake, is there any other place that I can do this besides my arms? If that would even help that is

(p.s. I do get a bit on the somewhat paranoid side as far as my health goes sometimes because I know that this sort of thing can potentially be dangerous. I do however always use very sterile equipment, and I recently had a doctors visit to address my plan for quitting in the near future and they ran blood tests, didn’t an EKG, echocardiogram, and all that stuff just to make sure I was healthy. So I don’t know what the heck the deal is. I don’t know if I’ve got thrombosis? Hopefully someone knows more about this stuff than I do.)
Yeah, you should reconsider IVing Stimulants. I'm not trying to scare you but STIMS IV are really fucking bad healthwise overall. They cause vasoconstriction, so they fuck up ur whole circulatory system plus they are caustic as shit. You're gonna blow up all of ur veins before u notice it plus damaging ur peripheral circulatory system. If u can't stop using at least consider another Route of Administration(Insufflation or Smoking). I'm telling you this because i shot cocaine for 5 years from ages 19-24, I'm 26 now and have circulatory problems, arrhytmia and half of my veins are shot. Please if u have some self-love or care for yourself stop indulging in Intravenous stimulant use, it's just gonna end up bad in the end.

Yeah, you should reconsider IVing Stimulants. I'm not trying to scare you but STIMS IV are really fucking bad healthwise overall. They cause vasoconstriction, so they fuck up ur whole circulatory system plus they are caustic as shit. You're gonna blow up all of ur veins before u notice it plus damaging ur peripheral circulatory system. If u can't stop using at least consider another Route of Administration(Insufflation or Smoking). I'm telling you this because i shot cocaine for 5 years from ages 19-24, I'm 26 now and have circulatory problems, arrhytmia and half of my veins are shot. Please if u have some self-love or care for yourself stop indulging in Intravenous stimulant use, it's just gonna end up bad in the end.
I do care. Very much. I used for about 4 years in my early twenties and never had any issues. It always felt great with no issues. I could do shots twice as big and it just felt good. I’m now 32, and I’ve only been using for 5 months so I’m honestly kind of surprised. I’m a very healthy person otherwise. Well I was, extremely healthy, til I relapsed. Is there anything I can do once I quit to aid in healing my veins and circulatory system? I honestly never had the intention of using for this long even. No one ever does.

Hey when you say arythmia, would you mind explaining that to me? Meth has been doing some weird stuff to me recently as far as hard palpitations, and a faster pulse and blood pressure than normal. Whenever I’ve done shots before it usually always relaxes me and feels very euphoric. Lately, not all the time, but sometimes even with just the smallest bit my heart will pound super hard and super fast for like 10 minutes right afterwards, and that’s not normal for me. Actually kind of had me worried so I had an EKG and an echocardiogram done just in case, but they said that my heart and heart enzymes looked perfectly fine? So I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I’m just a hypochondriac. Lol

Hey when you say arythmia, would you mind explaining that to me? Meth has been doing some weird stuff to me recently as far as hard palpitations, and a faster pulse and blood pressure than normal. Whenever I’ve done shots before it usually always relaxes me and feels very euphoric. Lately, not all the time, but sometimes even with just the smallest bit my heart will pound super hard and super fast for like 10 minutes right afterwards, and that’s not normal for me. Actually kind of had me worried so I had an EKG and an echocardiogram done just in case, but they said that my heart and heart enzymes looked perfectly fine? So I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe I’m just a hypochondriac. Lol
U know, sometimes and EKG is not enough. u can have heart problems and they don't show up, u could have some artery problems developing. they justdon't show up. I have some heart probs aswell, im kinda scared to go to the doctor to getit checked out but with the corona shit is kinda hard to go right now anyway. U shud stop doing stims iv altogether if ur feeling heart problems, even the minor discomfort. Iving stims is very strefull on the heart to begin with. Arrhytmia is when u have weird heart palpitations whether it is too fast BPM or slow BPM. in simple terms its irregular heart beat and that means ur heart isn't working properly, mine for example it skips a beat every 4-5 beats. It's because my arteries are somehow fucked up.

I do care. Very much. I used for about 4 years in my early twenties and never had any issues. It always felt great with no issues. I could do shots twice as big and it just felt good. I’m now 32, and I’ve only been using for 5 months so I’m honestly kind of surprised. I’m a very healthy person otherwise. Well I was, extremely healthy, til I relapsed. Is there anything I can do once I quit to aid in healing my veins and circulatory system? I honestly never had the intention of using for this long even. No one ever does.
there's some medications i can recommend u for the circulatory system that help a lot, Calcium Dobesilate is one of them, it helps repair ur capillaries and ur circulatory system overall. Another one is Diosmin. These meds u have to take them for at least a month or 2 to start feeling some improvement. U can also take both of em at the same time for better results, u can take em for up to 6 months for max results. Then u can stop taking them for a while say a month or 2 and then begin the treatment again. I've had good results with Doxium(calcium dobesilate) in fact i still take it from time to time For example i take it twicef a day for 3 weeks-1 month then i stop for a few weeks and satrt again. And the effects are long lasting it's not like u justfeel good when u take the meds only, it actually repairs ur veins.

Ofcourse if ur gonna keep banging drugs ur not gonna see any results, actually ur condition is justg onna worsen.

I agree with aforementioned recommendations: if you haven't found a reliable way to heal this scarring by now then you've reached the end of the road with these veins. since the legs should be assumed off limits territory for IV sites due to the risks a collapse there poses to total circulation health, if I were you I'd start investing in a hot rail device to get my insta-fix on, if you still feel compelled to get high as quickly as possible with this drug. you might be surprised at how similar the rush it gives you is to slamming a shot of meth. This is the only comparable route of administration left of that calibre. good luck stay safe