• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc IV Doxylamine Succinate

N/p CH I feel ya on that lol & agree that hydroxizine (specifically hyd pamoate 50mg in my case) always made me extremely groggy once I woke up like 14hrs later, and I nvr xp'd with AH's potentiating my opiates (guess they were enuff on it's own =] lol ). I am shocked however 2 hear you get a stimulated high on bupe, aren't you on SMT? I got a stimulated semi-high off my bupe for the first few weeks which dissipated shortly after. I have tried IVing my bupe (in the 1-2mg range) with no real effect. Wuld u say mixing it with an AH wuld possibly bring that "glow" back a little? I assumed that just by potentiating it it would simply create the effect of turning 2mg into 3-4 mg strength (just an example).

For the record, hydroxyzine pamoate is not something you can IV.

I am on SMT, but I've tapered down to a very little amount. I am apparently relatively very sensitive to buprenorphine. :)

I think the real way to get the "glow" back is to taper down with it.

Why do you have inject all of your drugs man? You may regret that decision one day.

For the record, hydroxyzine pamoate is not something you can IV.

I am on SMT, but I've tapered down to a very little amount. I am apparently relatively very sensitive to buprenorphine. :)

I think the real way to get the "glow" back is to taper down with it.

Ah, yea I rlly only injected a few probably less than 5 pills ever. All opiates, the hydrox Pam was scripted 2 me for anxiety when my xan wore off, and I only ever took it PO. Never found Any interest in risking pills iv especially an AH. But thx bro!

I just shot 75mg doxylamine after doing a cimetidine/wgfj diazepam load. Maybe an hour or so later. Definately feeling great. Rather drowsy but no delerium.

I meant 7.5mg... LOL. The highest I have ventured to with doxylamine is about 25mg. Was too sedating and I just felt so lazy and heavy. Great OTC sedative if you're in the US... From Wiki: It is also the most effective over-the-counter sedative available in the United States, and is more sedating than some prescription hypnotics. One study found that doxylamine succinate is possibly more effective than the barbiturate phenobarbital for use as a sedative. Right around 7.5mg of doxylamine with .5mgish bupe is ok. Here is how I rank my experiences with bupe/antihistamines: 1st and the best (hydroxyzine) 2nd diphenhydamine 3rd doxylamine. The brand of Hydroxyzine the pharmacy gave me is so huge compared to the 25mg ones I was RX'd last month. I am RX'd #60 1mg Ativan up to 3 times a day, #60 10mg flexeril 3 times a day, #30 clonidine .1mg and finally #90 50mg Hydroxyzine. These tablets suck though, I can never get the cloudiness out. Tried everything short of wheel filter... I can get it from a darkish gray to a point where i can clearly read the measurements on the otherside thru the light... thats after barrel filtering them etc.... I just can't get these tablets of new brand hydroxyzine I got this month to get near as close to clear as I can with diph and doxy... I might use the hydroxyzine 3-4 times a week... I think im going to start IMing my bupe if I am using hydroxyzine.... What do you think Capt'n?

I meant 7.5mg... LOL. The highest I have ventured to with doxylamine is about 25mg. Was too sedating and I just felt so lazy and heavy. Great OTC sedative if you're in the US... From Wiki: It is also the most effective over-the-counter sedative available in the United States, and is more sedating than some prescription hypnotics. One study found that doxylamine succinate is possibly more effective than the barbiturate phenobarbital for use as a sedative. Right around 7.5mg of doxylamine with .5mgish bupe is ok. Here is how I rank my experiences with bupe/antihistamines: 1st and the best (hydroxyzine) 2nd diphenhydamine 3rd doxylamine. The brand of Hydroxyzine the pharmacy gave me is so huge compared to the 25mg ones I was RX'd last month. I am RX'd #60 1mg Ativan up to 3 times a day, #60 10mg flexeril 3 times a day, #30 clonidine .1mg and finally #90 50mg Hydroxyzine. These tablets suck though, I can never get the cloudiness out. Tried everything short of wheel filter... I can get it from a darkish gray to a point where i can clearly read the measurements on the otherside thru the light... thats after barrel filtering them etc.... I just can't get these tablets of new brand hydroxyzine I got this month to get near as close to clear as I can with diph and doxy... I might use the hydroxyzine 3-4 times a week... I think im going to start IMing my bupe if I am using hydroxyzine.... What do you think Capt'n?

Hydroxyzine hcl should be IM'd ideally because it causes hemolysis when IV'd, as well as being generally fairly corrosive to the vein you inject into. Hydroxyzine pamoate is not shootable from what others have told me.

shooting doxylamine, i've tried it and its was quite unpleasant.

i can easily compare it to I.V. seroquel(not fun).

I have received numerous warning from individuals smarter than myself not to IM anything not made specifically for IM injection. IM or SC with pills or powder = abscesses for days.

^ while ive been hearing that alot lately, there was a thread on IM Bupe. After reading I did maybe 1mg bupe/35mg diphenhydramine into my delt. no injection site pain etc. but i havent done it since.

^^ while I can't speak for others, for myself it is nothing I would EVER consider doing alone. It really shouldn't be done period without a micron filter as capt'n will always tell you but I perfer to mix it with my bupe every once and awhile. Mostly in the evening when I am rdy to crash!

People have reported the effects to be unpleasant but I have actually heard different opinions about this.

In theory, it would be quite nice, esp. if you have benzos or opiates in your system or ready to be consumed. IV orphenadrine was nice, and I've heard others having nice IV antihistamine experiences. Your mileage will vary when it comes to this, as the captain as ready said.

Doxylamine is a substance I am slowly working my way up with. Unfortunately my tolerance to IV bupe is probably calling for more than I use to produce that distinct rush I got the first few days IV'ing bupe/ah's but I am up to about 17.5mg of Doxylamine IV and I can definately pinpoint an unique feeling with. It's not exactly instant but 30 seconds or so after I've taken the plunge I get a real, genuine weight on my shoulders. I am heavy as hell right now. We're talking 5 minutes post shot 17.5mg Doxylamine/.6-7mg Bupe. Whew. Headed to the couch, watch some X-Games :)

Alright now I feel rather restless and uncomfortable. Boo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried this last night. I was curious, given hydroxyzine's relative intravenous popularity. [For me] doxylamine also takes about 1.5h to take effect and it lasts a solid 10h at 12.5mg and extending beyond that for 25mg. I've tried 50mg and there were definitely diminishing returns. Worth experimenting, seeing it's the most effective antihistamine I've tried out of several.

Anyway, micron filtered a solution that came out to 31.25mg/ml. I ended up IV'ing 4 units three times. I seasoned each shot with a little dope [heroin]. I was already high and this was my antihistamine of choice this time. It only felt irritating one time [first time], and the irritation was little enough to be placebo. I was also diluting these 4 unit shots, naturally.

Different effects - less overtly sedating; felt less anticholinergic. Orally, I experience ataxia like a motherfucker. Intravenously, I felt less sedation and disproportionately few physical effects. I slept very well - par for the course with doxylamine - and woke up before my 7 hour alarm - very rare on the other hand.

Thanks for your experience!

I still am going to point out that IVing hydroxyzine, or other antihistamines, can be damaging to the vein if you miss at all, or use too much. The drug itself is harsh on the vein.

Thanks for your experience!

I still am going to point out that IVing hydroxyzine, or other antihistamines, can be damaging to the vein if you miss at all, or use too much. The drug itself is harsh on the vein.

Dude, why are you shooting antihistamines?