• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV crack vs coke

this&that

Greenlighter
I'm assuming that when you mix crack with an acid to get it to dissolve, you are turning it back to coke. Would coke dissolve without acid and therefore be less harmful?

Yep, all the acid is doing with the crack is turning it from a freebase back into a water soluble salt.

For IV injection you must use cocaine salt, crack is not able for injection

Unless you are using too much acid, it should react with the crack and won't be much different in the end. But regardless, most any that comes is going to be from the cocaine, not the ph. If you have crack I would recommend you just smoke it, in fact smoking is the only way I will do coke anymore, fucked up my veins too bad shooting coke and I don't trust myself not to kill myself by doing too big a shot.

edit(sp): changed avid to acid

Last edited:
For IV injection you must use cocaine salt, crack is not able for injection
Not true, I used to IV crack all the time by using vinegar to turn the rocks back into injectable liquid.

Not true, I used to IV crack all the time by using vinegar to turn the rocks back into injectable liquid.

Which is reducing the freebase into a water soluble salt bud...

any harm that comes is going to be from the cocaine, not the ph.

Shooting Coke that has been converted with too much acid and has a low pH will harden/ Sclerose the vein and cause it to collapse before long. Coke that's been properly converted to a salt isn't great but better than something that's way below neutral. The vasoconstriction alone, even with decent coke makes shooting it difficult though, esp more than once in a sitting.

Last edited:
Unless you are using too much acid

Please don't selectively quote me.

Maybe the OP should get some ph strips, but I would hope they have some idea what they are doing and are not shooting straight acid into their veins, if they are its probably just a matter of time before they doing something else stupid and careless to cause self harm. Coke kills veins, and is going to do way more harm on its own than the ph being slightly off,

I do STRONGLY agree that because of its vasoconstriction trying to get more than one bellringer in one sitting can be futile and extremely damaging, depending on the state of your veins you might be able to get 3-4 bellringers in an evening, if you have past vein trauma or small veins then probably only one per arm.

Last edited:
villian said:

I had all the proper glassware, but since I'm lazy I did use acetone rather then anhydrous acetone.

Everything went pretty much like you said (given this is a very simple method).

However, the product I am left with has a hellashish burn...so their is definatley something in my final product other then pure cocaine....

Any idea where I fucked this up?
Le Junk said:
Yes. And don't throw that cocaine away, either. You simply added to much muriatic acid. To remove the excess acid is easy. Pour some fresh acetone into a glass and then add all of your cocaine to it. Stir and then filter. Your excess acid will filter off leaving you with the great cocaine, minus the burn.

Give er a try.

This thread goes over many of the problems the OP might encounter. These quotes are just for too much acid.

-cocaine-purification-the-absolute-final-thread