• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc IV Codiene

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
So I’m wanting to IV the codien from my hydrocodone 10/325….will there be a decent high?

hydrocodone and codeine are two different drugs. That aside, it is a really bad idea to IV pills. The fillers and binders cannot all be filtered out unless you have micron wheel filters, and even then it is not a guarantee. many people have gotten very serious heart and blood infections which lead to hospitalization or death, from IVing pills. It really isn't worth the risk. And if you don't have micron filters, it is extremely dangerous.

I gotcha. I’ll just have to be patient and wait until my friend gets their morphine on Wednesday

Even though Iv'ing codeine in extremely popular in junkie circles it¨s ridiculously dangerous and often lethal. Until you learn what drugs you're using you shouldn't IV anything

IV'ing Codeine can cause anaphylaxis which is extremely dangerous if not lethal.

I know iv codeine is dangerous but I am curious about all these people who claimed to have done it and been ok I'm curious as to what the high would be like some people swear by plugging codeine to but I've never managed to do it I tried it twice but it didn't do anything maybe the dose was to small or I wasn't as cleared as I thought I was.

I think there is a lot of breathing room between "lethal" and "safe" here that we are ignoring. I think it's more accurate just to say that it's contraindicated by this route. It can and does cause problems for people. You're also not talking about injecting Codeine. Just so there is no misrepresentation, you're talking about injecting Hydrocodone. The thing is, both of these are contraindicated for the same reason. They can both provoke anaphylaxis in the right, or wrong, situation.

At the end of the day, it's unadvisable. It's potentially dangerous, but I think we have to stop short of calling it lethal, because as others have alluded to. The thing here that is majorly relevant, is that, as opposed to Codeine, which has a pretty poor oral bioavailability, Hydrocodone has one of the best. Many of us addicts have taken risks with our health and well-being in the name of getting well. The rush from shooting Heroin was always enjoyable, but I moved to the needle for economic reasons. In this scenario, you'd be taking these same risks for a slightly faster onset, perhaps a rush, but the benefits are greaty outweighed by the drawbacks.

There's just no good reason to do this, so please don't buddy. If you're looking for a faster onset of action, I would encourage you to try rectal administration. Faster onset, more perceivable "rush" and vritually none of the potential consequences associated with intravenous use.

Crush pills -> mix with water thouroughly -> draw up in oral syringe -> insert syringe 1-2 inches into your rectum -> depress plunger while lying on stomach or side for about 5-10 minutes. If this works for you, please do us all a solid and report back.

Iv codeine is lethal
Used to take iv codeine for years.Everybody do that before many years,when this only ready available opioid.Never heard nobody dies from iv codeine.Histamine release is huge and you scratching yourself hardly.One time have a some allergic reaction.Its improper way to take this med,cause there some danger -possible embolia,complications. etc. Its a better to take it po or im if you have powder

I know iv codeine is dangerous but I am curious about all these people who claimed to have done it and been ok I'm curious as to what the high would be like some people swear by plugging codeine to but I've never managed to do it I tried it twice but it didn't do anything maybe the dose was to small or I wasn't as cleared as I thought I was.
The high is somehow related to iv morphine,but with much more scratching,pin sensations under the skin,but it feels like real opiate.Despite that codeine is a prodrug,parentheral way is working ok.Biotransformation not nessesery is about first passed liver metabolism.The med is active in other routes too.Theres a tramadol ampules....even codeine exist somewhere still in ampule forms for muscle or subcutaneus inj.

I decided against this because I don’t want to end up in hospital. I’m always chasing that rush of euphoria from IV dilaudid or IV morphine. It’s not worth the risk. I’ll have 15mg morphine on Wednesday so I’ll just wait. Thank you all for your response and care.

I decided against this because I don’t want to end up in hospital. I’m always chasing that rush of euphoria from IV dilaudid or IV morphine. It’s not worth the risk. I’ll have 15mg morphine on Wednesday so I’ll just wait. Thank you all for your response and care.
Good call dude! The drugs mentioned are all worth slamming.

While I understand having the urge to slam morphine and hydromorphone, as previously iterated, no it is not a good idea to slam codeine or hydrocodone.

Also i'd recommend getting micron wheel filters so you don't absolutely trash your vascular health by shooting unfiltered/poorly filtered pills. This is a fucked up way to look at it, but if you use micron filters you will improve the ease and lifespan of your shooting career.

While I understand having the urge to slam morphine and hydromorphone, as previously iterated, no it is not a good idea to slam codeine or hydrocodone.

Also i'd recommend getting micron wheel filters so you don't absolutely trash your vascular health by shooting unfiltered/poorly filtered pills. This is a fucked up way to look at it, but if you use micron filters you will improve the ease and lifespan of your shooting career.
I’ll have to order some off Amazon