• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV cocaine caused burning, then numbness, then paralysis of arm

DigDowski

Greenlighter
I started with .5 g of good powder. Over the course of 5 hours I've done maybe two, .05 shots, one .1 shot, and the last one was .15. I was enjoying myself until on the last one. There is a vein on the inside of my elbow that I used to use when I was a heroin junkie. I have rarely used needles or street drugs for that matter over the past 3-4 years. This spot seems to be kind of tough, I'm guessing because scar tissue from using it a lot years ago? It's so hard for me to find a vein... Which is probably what saves my life at one point. Anyways. I used this spot on the inside of my left elbow for the first shot, as it was the only vein bulging as I tied off. I inserted at the proper angle, pulled back dark red blood. Pushed about 1/3, checked again, did another 1/3, checked again, and continued to push the rest in. It did leave a little purple mark but I didn't think any thing of the bruising at this point. I did the other two shots in different veins. One in right hand, and one on top and halfway down my left forearm. Both went fine. When I went back to do the fourth one I previously mentioned I noticed a small purple mark but no swelling. I just went up my arm about 2 inches a little closer to my body. Pulled back, dark red blood, and this time I pushed half of it in, pulled back to register but felt my fingers burning a bit... It was registering fine and I was already getting a rush so I kept pushing... I have carpal tunnel so I thought maybe it was just that, but my judgment being impaired I pushed nearly rear of it in... It was burning all throughout my body...briefly, I pulled rhe needle out. Looked in the mirror and saw my left eye was extremely dilated. The right, not so much. I couldn't feel my arm anymore though. It wad paralyzed. I couldn't move my fingers, I couldn't grab anything, feel anything... It was useless. I did have rhe ability to swing my arm at shoulder but that's it. Slowly over an hour the feeling has come back. I can lift my arms above my head, my grip is not quite normal but its mostly back to normal. Thwre is no noticeable swelling. Just another little purple dot. My whole arm is sore now and the left side of my body in general hurts. More specifically my head. The left back side I gueas? What causes this? I keep reading that it was a miss but that just doesn't make sense. I've missed so many shots in my life. Of so many things. This was what seemed to be the perfect shot. I've been kinda dizzy and tired actually the last 30 minutes though. I'm afraid to so my last little bit. I used to be a hardcore junkie, fuxked my life up severely and recently I've got my shit together.... Until this depression hit and I gave in. Ill pull through it. This has scared me to the point idc to do it ever again. If any thing it was a reminder of how doing drugs can go wrong. But any ideas what happened? I honestly was not paying attention to any thing except not having use of my arm. For all I know it could have been a stroke or heart attack. I may go to Dr if my arm still feels funny later, but the consequences of me going to the Dr are severe. But not as severe as losing my life. Thoughts? Opinions? My heads killing me. I think I'll take this bar I've been saving. Or is that a bad idea? I take 2 mg of Xanax per day regularly, 8 mg bupe, and 60 mg adderall. I may be a noob to posting here but I'm a veteran when it comes to rec use and I frequent these forums.

Thanks in advance!

Go to the hospital or emergency room NOW. Tell them which drugs you took, and what's happening. Seriously go get medical help you will not get into legal trouble for doing this.

Unevenly dilated pupils can be a sign of a CVA (Cerebrovascular Accident) like a brain hemorrhage or a stroke, and I'm not a doctor or anything, but that plus the temporary paralysis in your arm makes it sound to me like you did have a small stroke. So yes definitely go to a hospital or seek medical attention immediately, don't wait and don't take any more drugs, at least until you've been checked out by a doctor.

I rarely post anymore but seeing this I felt the need to. Everything your describing symptom wise screams you had a stroke. The uneven pupils, paralysis, and most importantly the head pain. Go to the hospital you don't even have to mention the coke. Your at risk of having another major stroke

Damn....really hope OP is okay....his/her post is pretty worrisome on its own- but then followed by silence...is, well.....

OP, please be sure to provide us (your fellow Bluelighters- who clearly care for your well-being) with an update on your situation as soon as absolutely possible...

We will be here awaiting your kind courtesy "I'm not dead" response.

Best wishes...

-PA

DigDowski,
I really hope your OK, please update us. You don't have to tell us anything, just that your alive. Please don't leave us in silence after a post like that. I'm very worried for your life. I'll be thinking of you constantly until you say some thing.I will! Also try to message you in case you have just forgotten that you posted here and don't think to come back. I really hope that is the case. I really really do.....
Worried sick,
Nove~Rae