• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV BTH tec

FaCultGen

Greenlighter
I have a new connect for very high quality black tar, it's very clean, no fentanyl, practically no cut (it's been tested and is at least 70% pure) and is almost like obsidian stone, glassy rock bth. It's a beautiful thing. As I live in the east, black tar is nearly unheard of here. I will be getting some on Thursday or Friday and I want to get a general consensus on the proper technique to prep a shot. I have read a lot about it, including the iv megathread. It still seems unclear if heat is necessary or not. So far what I gather is that, any active drug (heroin, morphine, and whatever other opioids are in the less refined bth vs ecp) that is in the black tar is water soluble so heat isn't needed but may take longer to disolve in the less refined black tar as opposed to ECP/fent mixes. What I'm used to is powder that I just put in the spoon, add water, stir for a couple seconds, put in filter, draw, shoot. Can I do the same with the tar? Or is the process different?
So far what I'm thinking is this:

Boil some water on stove, put 40 to 60 mg tar chunks/powder in spoon, draw 50 or 60 units hot water into syringe, squirt over tar, stir for a bit until disolved, place filter in spoon, draw and shoot.

Or I've read that after stirring I should heat lightly again until I see some gunk(plant matter/cut?) floating and coagulating, then filter/draw up? I know that heating it can cause degradation of active opioids... I really just want to use the technique that is the cleanest and least harmful to me and my veins without destroying the drug. If I can cold shoot it with out having to wait 30 minutes for it to be dissolved (because lets face it, I just won't have the patience for that) I figure that would be the best way, as heating it could obviously also dissolve cuts and other random shit that's in it.

So what's the consensus on the correct way to prep bth shots? I'll also say that I don't and won't have wheel micron filters so I will be using cotton. I understand tgat micron filters are best, but let's just get past the fact that that will not be an option.

Thanks guys and gals. Appreciate any input

I wanted to post this in 'other drugs' but it keeps telling me to select thread prefix and I can't figure out how to do that...

I wanted to post this in 'other drugs' but it keeps telling me to select thread prefix and I can't figure out how to do that...

if you are on a mobile phone you can't post a thread in OD because of this. i wish they would fix it.

Forgive me, heroin neophyte. Isn't the dosage you recommend a little high? Literature says 3mg heroin = 10mg morphine. If it is 70% pure, that would seem like a lot, no?

Forgive me, heroin neophyte. Isn't the dosage you recommend a little high? Literature says 3mg heroin = 10mg morphine. If it is 70% pure, that would seem like a lot, no?

Not sure if you're calling me a neophyte or yourself... But I am surely not new to opioids or heroin. Just not too familiar with black tar due to my location. But no, that dose is actually kind of low. My tolerance isn't too high at the moment and that was a very conservative first dose. In a perfect world a stamp bag would be 100mg. A bundle would be a gram. But obviously it's not a perfect world. Many people have much higher tolerance than I and use far more in a dose.

If it's soft don't worry about breaking it down, but if it's solid crush it into a powder. Put it in a cooker, stainless steel measuring cup, spoon, or whatever and it can either be cold mixed over 5 minutes at the worst although good tar should be a minute. Apply literally like a couple seconds of heat where if it's bubbling it's bad... Really the heats more to heat the container so you can soften the tar more than heating the water for it to dissolve faster even though both will happen. I've seen it boiled by someone who does it regularly and swears by it, but even if you get more dope the same true for cut and it can always be rewashed with added dope later if kept in a clean place for my too long. Filter and draw and use.

It's more complicated than you and even I am making it. You just get it to mix and it's hard to screw up besides spilling it or applying pressure to a stubborn chunk that you didn't crush will enough only for it to go flying out of the solution with a good splash only to be missing on hopefully your not carpet floor. Tar can be a pain especially when overly cut.

Tar isn't difficult at all to prep, particularly if you're only using a point or two at a time. OP, basically follow the same technique you'd normally use, just be gentle as you crumble the tar up a little and stir it get it dissolved into solution. It takes a bit longer to get tar mixed up and obviously it looks very differently when mixed than ECP, but it's the same process. Avoid using heat and just stir gentle until dissolved. Filter, prep site for injection and you're ready.