• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Amphetamine Usage & Safe procedures

SWIMsure

Greenlighter
*DISCLAIMER*: If you are deciding to do IV for the first time, be aware, that using the IV route of administration is just like learning to drive a car... If you feel that stopping at redlights and using turning signals applies to everyone on the road but you... Re-think Intravenous administration or prepare to wear your seatbelt even when no one is looking! Feel free to Private Message me with any thoughts or questions you may have, I am here to keep you healthy&safe

Well, as I promised a few weeks ago, we will discuss Intravenous (IV) usage of dexmeth/amph and in general, how to safely breakdown&IV a pill.
Be aware that we will be, particularly, discussing stimulants in pharmaceutical pill form; but do note that the breakdown&IV steps will be the same for all pills*

First of all, if you're looking to IV dexmeth/amph you should be very aware that the 10mg Focalin IR (Tablets, Instant Release, Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride) are the only pill associated with the stimulant family that I would IV into oneself. The reason for this is simple, 10mg Focalin IR contains NO dyes and only ONE binder that is water soluble, which is Pregelatinized Starch (Starch, commonly found in bread, breaks down into sugar.) So, if you're seeking to IV any other type of dexmeth/amph pill, double think that one as it will reek havoc on your body over time. If you are an IV user, new or old, you should know YOU NEVER use XR or any pills containing dyes, if you are here trying to pump an XR pill into your system, just pop it in your mouth.

To answer any questions regarding the 'High', yes, if you use Dexmethylphenidate Hydrochloride via IV you will receive a tremendous rush and a relatively long lasting euphoria.

(Steps and safety procedures begin below for anyone just looking for a relatively safe IV breakdown)

General Info:
Always clean hands with soap&water/Purrell, as well as the location you plan on IVing, this will significantly decrease chance of infection.
Always use sterile needles for IV and NEVER share needles.
Always switch up the veins you are using for your administration, I can not stress how important it is for you to be acquainted with not one but ALL OF YOUR VEINS... If you're determined to IV your Substance of Choice then take some time to learn where your veins are and form the habit of switching injection locations.
Always draw back&register blood AFTER injection then SLOWLY remove the syringe, immediately after removal apply slight pressure with a cloth/towel for about 60 seconds to stop bleeding.
DO NOT Tie off/Tourniquet, this does not help at all, "tying off" should only be done to find a vein and then be immediately removed BEFORE injection.
If you are having trouble locating a vein even with a tourniquet, follow this example: Raise your right arm above your head, bend your arm at the elbow so that your right hand is touching your right shoulder blade.. Hold for 45-60 seconds, take a deep&full breath of air, slowly exhale and then place your arm in the ordinary injection position, slowly opening&closing your fist until you locate a vein.. If done correctly, vascularity should be greatly increased long enough to find your mark.
When in doubt mark it out.. In a medical setting, if a nurse is having difficulty locating your vein, she will take a pen/sharpie and gently mark where the vein is (don't mark directly ontop of vein, mark the 'out-of-bounds' think of a driving lane that makes sure you stay 'in-bounds' with the lines.)
When using via IV, locate which side of your needle has the Bevel head, this side should be facing up as you inject, if not facing up your vein integrity will greatly suffer and collapse will be more prevalent.
Once in your arm, always pull back on your plunger until blood registers inside the needle to verify you are in a vein (Dark red blood = vein, which = Inject .... Light red blood = Artery, which = DO NOT INJECT) I personally pulls back on the plunger 2 or 3 times throughout a shot to make sure the needle has not left the vein/punctured the vein, missing a vein or continuing a shot after a vein puncture can and will lead to abscesses.
Once within a vein&blood registers on the draw back, begin to slowly push your plunger down, it is best to have an entire stream of liquid come out instead of quick 'bursts' (think 3-round burst on M16), this 'burst', I speak of, is not the same as completely stopping your injection to do a 2nd/3rd blood register... play around with spraying water out of your syringe at different speeds for reference.

What you need:

• Sealed water bottle
  • TWO (2) containers for your liquid solution
  • TWO (2) filters for both containers
  • TWO (2) sterilized syringes

Steps:
1) Take your pill of choice, place it on a hard surface and thoroughly crush until it is in a complete state of powder (I use the glass top of a candle, pushes down hard until the glass is flat then does a 360 degree motion until its all spread out)
2)
Transfer your powder into a container (I have a lot of candles and uses another glass container top for this, others use water bottle caps, but I believe this is too small for pill IV)

3)
Prepare 2 (TWO) Needles, fill one with 100 units, fill the other with 50 units (water units may vary depending on what your plugging, for the sake of this guide, I am using 2 (TWO) 10mg Focalin IR)

4)
Empty both needles into the container your powder is in

5)
Pick 1 needle, remove the plunger&spin the solution around in your container for 30 seconds or so... Swirl the plunger in some water to remove the gunk on the bottom and place aside

6)
Put a filter into your solution (Micron filters are the preference, if not available I use an unsmoked Cigarette Filter split in half, if both are unavailable Cotton will suffice)

7)
As your solution soaks up, prepare your 2nd container (Double filtration) Now, using the SAME needle that was just used for spinning, place the bevel head gently against your filter and SLOWLY draw back then empty solution into your new container; Continue until satisfied you have everything from the initial solution

9)
Once your 1st container is empty of liquid and your 2nd container is filled with your filtered solution (should be VERY clear) place a 2nd filter into the new container with your clear solution

10)
Now, take the 2nd Needle (THAT WAS NOT USED FOR SPINNING), gently place the bevel head against your filter and slowly draw back... if 150 units of water is used, you can expect 80-100 unit shot after double filtration

11)
Stay safe and have fun

Will add more info at a future date, running out of time tonight, PM for any questions/clarifications.
*This does not mean ALL pills are safe, the phrase "the same for all pills" only applies to pills that CAN ACTUALLY be IV'd for effect*

Last edited:
Always been curious about methylphenidate or d-methylphenidate done IV. Never tried it, I take Adderall usually sniffed. It sucks ass IV, I have tried it a couple times, filtered correctly with 20mgs or so each time. The first time, I felt the typical Adderall high no rush with a faster onset but it was much more dirty feeling than sniffed or oral, and lasted only maybe an hour. Tried it again, the second time I got absolutely NOTHING at all. Adderall ir is useless IV to anyone thinking of trying it, at least ime. But have always wanted to try methylphenidate, its just very hard to find in my area for some reason, I'm sure its around as its a prescription pill that lots of people take, but no one I know has it. I have heard when injected its kind of similar to an iv coke rush but not quite as strong and lasts longer than coke. Also heard the comedown sucks real bad but Idk I have no experience with it at all just going by what I have heard from people I know.

Always been curious about methylphenidate or d-methylphenidate done IV. Never tried it, I take Adderall usually sniffed. It sucks ass IV, I have tried it a couple times, filtered correctly with 20mgs or so each time. The first time, I felt the typical Adderall high no rush with a faster onset but it was much more dirty feeling than sniffed or oral, and lasted only maybe an hour. Tried it again, the second time I got absolutely NOTHING at all. Adderall ir is useless IV to anyone thinking of trying it, at least ime. But have always wanted to try methylphenidate, its just very hard to find in my area for some reason, I'm sure its around as its a prescription pill that lots of people take, but no one I know has it. I have heard when injected its kind of similar to an iv coke rush but not quite as strong and lasts longer than coke. Also heard the comedown sucks real bad but Idk I have no experience with it at all just going by what I have heard from people I know.

Unfortunately, from my experience, the only pharma Amp that can be IV'd for an effect, that outweighs the hazard, are the Focalin IRs (Dexmethylphenidate) and even than I wouldn't IV any other Focalin but the dyeless 10mg, whites.

The rest of this post will is opinionated, but in my own personal experience when taking Focalin IR orally, I experience a very jittery/stuck-in-place type feeling (20 mg orally) where as in my Intravenous experience I have found that I sustain an extremely clean-feeling high (not wired, not jittery, all around Okay) until about 60-90 minutes after injection.

The rush, on the other hand, is very intense and is not for the light of heart.. I have been doing IV administration for many a year and with many a substance, so, I can tell you with confidence; the rush is right next to that of some high quality dope (obviously not feeling wise, but 'hit-you-like-a-semi-truck' wise.) Inject about 20-30mg of Dexmeth, tolerance dependent, and have a swell time! Though, I must warn you, the urge for successive dosing is quite real when administered via IV

Last edited:
yes iv methylphenidate is very moreish combine this with talc pills and it has landed itself on my black list, nice rush thougg