• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

It's been awhile Blue light!

Trebor1oneR

Greenlighter
So I basically don't know what I'm doing here writing, other than I used to always come here years ago and look up recent drug prices inn my area, read funny high moments or just educate myself on drugs inn general. I always wanted to write but never did cause I enjoyed reading other people's shit that they wrote, or just didn't want to interrupt the flo. This doesn't seem the same. Before I thought of it like an underground Rave but online and talking about drugs inn the dark or some shit. Now this feels like it's been infiltrated outer something. And please don't take that the wrong way, just looks diff. Like someone came in here and cleaned those place out. Are we still allowed to talk about what ever? Or is this heavily monitored now? Same owners or group of people as before? I see there's a lot of drug help notices and Clean and sober literature. That's good, but it's it just me but it never really had much of that before? It could just be me but I rent people asked and talked openly just wondering if it's still the same or things have changed? All feedback is Welcomed
-Rob

Hey welcome @Trebor1oneR

All great questions. Short answer is there's lower activity, seemingly getting more PC, but the latter for mostly good reason in my opinion.

There's a big effort to bring the harm reduction resources to the surface. Which I love.

Our big homie leader @TheLoveBandit isn't around as much, and the moderation staff is always coming and going, but I believe the core of this forum isn't lost, and the interesting conversations are not gone, just a bit harder to find.

For example check out the next level you have just unlocked by becoming a member (subforums at the bottom the page)

🤘

Edit - I guess it's 25 posts as Snafu said before you unlock

Damn snafu you read that so fast

Welcome back.

Bluelight hasn't changed much. The site is still owned by most of the OG admins. Users and staff come and go over the years, but the BLUA (the rules) has not changed much. Discussing drug prices is one example of a rule which is different in every subforum of BL. Some allow it, others don't. It's a tricky subject, because it leans into the "no sourcing" rule.

Bluelight is a bastion of free speech, anything goes here, with a few exceptions; do not source drugs, do not discuss how to perpetrate illegal activity, do not use hate speech, do not intend harm or distress on another member, don't dox people. Pretty standard rules.

One notable change is that The Lounge is now only accessible if you have 25 posts. Otherwise it is hidden.

Damn snafu you read that so fast
I was typing a reply when you posted lol

I think it’s the same blue light as it’s ever been. It just seems to have a new user interface that’s alittle
More update than in the past. People still seem to be cool and kind on here. I’ve enjoyed the discussions I’ve had. But yeah there is a way more HR vibe than was ever here before.