• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

It's a want and a need

Speeedmagic

Bluelighter
Addicted to speed, it's a want and a need...Does anyone have some tips for speed withdrawl..or at least fast ways to reduce tollerence to specifically D-amphetamine? I take at least 80mg of vyvanse, or 40 with a 15mg and 10 mg dexadryne, daily and have remarkably no problems sleeping at night, without any downer... I can never get that speed euphoria much anymore, and if I do it's subtle and dosnt really last... /:

my friend you need to completely stop taking amps to ever hope to regain the magic. i heard something about DXM cutting tolerance? you can read into that.

homeless ----> BDD

Quit taking all the amphetamines right now. You will not get any sort of withdrawal symptoms, and if you have a need to feel stimulated drink a high dose of caffeine like two cups of coffee or black tea.

Well I'm perscribed vyv 40s to take daily for ADD, I can't focus without it, and I work full time, in a machine shop.

You should stop right now, cold turkey. You will feel drained of energy for maybe a few days but that's pretty much it.

I use to take 20-60mg of adderall a day and work 8-11 hour shifts as a mechanic every weekday plus a little on Saturday. I was abusing my 20mg adderall xr script but it was getting old and it kicked the shit out of my body so I just stopped. I still have the script but I'm at the point where I am at the end of the month with at least 15 pills left over.

The less you take amphetamine the less you want to take it. There were points when I binged for a couple days and even though i just got really uncomfortable PNS stimulation I kept taking the amp. Try leaving them at home if you take them with you and like others have said have coffee instead. Coffee/tea are really helpful and much healthier.

I'm a lonnngg time speed user, and I don't abuse my vyvanse often..there was a time last year where I was taking 100-150mg of vyv and 50-75mg of addy A DAY. I stopped for about 6 months. Only dabbling here and there with friends. And I only got my personal perscription recently. I would have to disagree on "the less you take them, the less you want to take them". I'm ADDICTED man..it's my drug of choice. Ive tried almost everything besides PCP and crack. And I, to this day prefer a really intense speed over a heroin high. I don't get those lousy side effects from speed. Or maybe I do, to a small extent..but it really dosent bother me much.

^I didn't want to put a disclaimer on it hoping you were like me. I guess I'm just a downer guy but I only really fiended for amp while already on it. amphetamine doesn't have nearly as many physical withdrawal symptoms as 99% of downers so you can jump off your dose with minimal discomfort, maybe none if you use benzos but that's a slippery slope. You probably already know this but any potent CNS stimulant (besides caffeine) is going to fuck you up physically long term, even caffeine will do it in high doses.

At least get off that dose to lower your tolerance, you know it'll keep growing to a ridiculous point.

Last edited:
Back to the original question, I've found food, weed, benzos, or opiates to quell the shit feeling from speed. The latter two more then food and weed but not recommended.

Thanks for the input man, yeah I have a kpin script too but like you said with your addys I always have plenty left over after a month..to each his own I guess. I just came into a bunch of bupe, so I'll take a few days off the speed this weekend and enjoy that!

Thanks for the input man, yeah I have a kpin script too but like you said with your addys I always have plenty left over after a month..to each his own I guess. I just came into a bunch of bupe, so I'll take a few days off the speed this weekend and enjoy that!

Prob a good call, kind of lol. I can't talk though I'm going to be on addy and hydrocodone this weekend, hope it goes smooth for you.

Thanks man. Yeah enjoying the bupe with some dexy. Fantastic combo, floaty, social and energetic. Enjoy your weekend :)