L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

It started with a cheesy pick up line and now I'm stuck

PhillipMcRevis

Bluelighter
So I was dicking around saying cheesy pick up lines and now I have an actual date like what the actual fuck I haven't been on a actual date. So I kinda need help here people on what to do.

It started out like this -
I told my friend Jessica "hey I put the STD in stud all I need is U"
She laughs
She knee'd me in the ass and said "oh sorry I guess I knee'd you"
Then she asked me out....

So if someone could help me with what I should do cause she asked me and I'm so confused as to what to do cause I've never been on a proper date or have been asked out and she told me what I would to do. Like I don't even know to say. Can anyone help?

Also on a side note: does anyone know any cheesy pick up lines? There hilarious and I find them amusing also if there gonna get me to go out in all for it.

Sorry for how weird and fucked up this story is.

"I'm no weatherman but you can expect more than a few inches tonight"

"Are you from Tennessee? Cause you're the only ten I see"

"Is that a mirror on your pants? I can see myself in them"

Silly stuff like that. Maybe not that sexual since its a first date but you get the idea.. Puns are good yes.

Be polite and be yourself, if she doesn't like you there's nothing you can do about it. Good luck!

Be polite and be yourself, if she doesn't like you there's nothing you can do about it. Good luck!

First off, she didn't throw a drink in your face for using such an awful pickup line, so it sounds like she already likes you so it doesn't seem like you need to worry about anything there. In addition to what SluttyPeach said about being yourself, the only things I can add are don't try too hard (major turnoff) and make it somewhat classy. Maybe a museum then dinner at a nice restaurant. Or some sort of performing arts event. In other words no burger then a movie. Save casual for future dates. And again, good luck!

I was thinking a museum but I know my friend Jessica and I ended up at one on her birthday for 10 hours and wanted to go batshit the whole time but I was thinking something simple like tea and a fun family collectors show.

she asked you out - what was her idea/offer/whatever?

alasdair

Yes she asked me out! I usually ask out girls but she was dead serious and now I have a date Friday night! She just said "I like you and now we're going out Friday night"

haha, this guy picked up some girl via a lame pick up line and some guy's advice is to take her out to a museum followe by a nice restaurant, seriously?

most obviously they are both pretty young, nothing wrong with that, but I agree on OP's idea of a casual, fun, fast 1st date

and as for advice... don't really have much to say other than the usual cliches. try to not be so nervous and have some fun - it's only a night out!

haha, this guy picked up some girl via a lame pick up line and some guy's advice is to take her out to a museum followe by a nice restaurant, seriously?

What's wrong with showing a little bit of class?

Take her on a date where you need to be 'active'. Not rafting or such, but something like riding a quad or horse. Best ones are the ones where you both have no experience in doing it and someone has to teach you how to do it. Talking is done for you by the instructor who also becomes the icebreaker for you and your date. After that you both feel more comfortable around each other. Avoid cinema on first date...

xxx

Yes we're both young and stupid but I'm not planning on something shitty like a burger or coffee then movie hoping to get dick wet in there. No I was hoping for something better and more active since I've never been on a date and my evil witch of a mother always told me to take her out to a nice expensive dinner and then somewhere nice to walk around preferably a art gallery/museum/walk

Yes we're both young and stupid but I'm not planning on something shitty like a burger or coffee then movie hoping to get dick wet in there. No I was hoping for something better and more active since I've never been on a date and my evil witch of a mother always told me to take her out to a nice expensive dinner and then somewhere nice to walk around preferably a art gallery/museum/walk

Good advice from your evil mother. It's difficult to go wrong when you keep it classy.

Do you have an inside(or outside for that matter unless youre somewhere cold like me) gocart track nearby, thats quite popular in my town. Maybe bowling, that also. Or playing pool, you can teach her. And dont go drinking beer or the like, cause you stink like sh+t then, order gin n tonic(with ice, yum) or something. Then there the classics like a movie, nothing wrong with that. Holding hands, holding her... Whats she into , shes your friend you say , describe her a bit.

Last edited:
class? did you miss how he picked her up, then??

Just because it started with a bad pickup line, he somehow shouldn't treat her like a lady??? I'd hate to see how you treat your dates if that's the way you think.

Well I think Frank and Sons (the collectors show) in taking her too is a big warehouse. Also I refuse to drink or smoke the entire day it just seems like the right thing to do to be respectful. Also the whole way it happened looked like we jumped a big part we went from friends to now we're going out on a date.

don't overthink and overplan - just choose an activity which allows you to talk to each other. be yourself. be in the moment.

alasdair

Just because it started with a bad pickup line, he somehow shouldn't treat her like a lady??? I'd hate to see how you treat your dates if that's the way you think.

Red Lobster + Adult Movie Theater following, of course

How old are you? Take her to see a movie, and then out to dinner or coffee afterwards? Or ask her what she likes to do and go somewhere she wants to go?

Just text her a few days before the date (friday's soon in the US right.. like tomorow?) and say hey how you doing yada yada, what did you want to do friday? Have a few simple things up your sleeve because her response will probably be 'um don't know what do you want to do?/do you have anything in mind?'. If you want to knock her socks off and think she's into that kind of romancing then think big, but it's a 1st date so there's no real reason to put massive amounts of effort in.

Go for a bike ride, walk around some nice gardens/parks, indoor rock climbing, ice skating if it's cold, check for local music events...
Just have a few simple ideas up your sleeve, but ask her what she wants to do as she asked you out... balls in her park, and chances are if she's making the move it's a case of her just wanting to spend time with you and figure you out (unless you are already quite familiar friends) so the act its self will only be icing, (or bad icing if you take her to a dive or something) but yeah...

just chill, and talk about her and throw in a few little bits about yourself too. Works 99% of the time with girls haha :)

As for cheezy pick up lines, not sure if that's the best course of action at this point, as the only ones i know are a bit sexual (like "hey do you have any <insert your place of origin here>? If response is no: "would you like some?")

Maybe just put some dad jokes down on a card with hand drawn pictures if you want to start a tradition that you can slowly build on the complexity and show off your wit, but yeah.. you don't keep feeding the fish worms once it's in the boat :) This chick probably likes you/is interested in you good because any pick up joke involving STDs is pretty poor form haha...

Last edited: