Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

It is Terence Mckenna Birthday & LSD's today

Toltec

Bluelighter
How Ironic.
Today is the 78-year anniversary of chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann's first synthesis of lysergic acid diethylamide. And Terence Mckenna's bitheday too.

Bringing to our attention how Terence's birthday, Alan Watts' death, and LSD's serendipitous discovery, all coincided on November 16th.

What other psychedelic related coincidences, synchronicities, serendipities can you all think of?

Last edited:
Huh, I never realized that they were all the same day, that's cool. I've experienced feelings of synchronicity many times, it's a wonderful feeling. I sometimes take it as noticing the intricacies of how existence is laid out, and it inspires really great feelings in me to notice beautiful chains of coincidences. So the meaning in it is simply that a piece of the universe is reflecting upon the greater structure of itself and noticing beauty in its construction, and that's really profound and cool that such a thing is possible.

I think one of the biggest ironies of it all is; The Atomic Bomb was realized in that year too.

Looking at it this way, LSD has been used by many folks for years for their spiritual journey, the cleaning of old programming, etc.

What I find really intriguing yet unprovable and un-believable by many..

Here is where faith comes into this story.

It is said when the bomb dropped in Japan
The Gamma rays and all the rest of that spiritual stripping blast did. Was

It Scattered their consciousnesses all over the solar system / Galaxy. The watcher or higher dimensional beings out there are still trying to find the scattered atoms from these poor folks.

This duality and all the Sincronisesties we are experiencing are indeed life lessons we as humans need to pay more attention to as we grow in the higher octaves

Just think if Tesla got his way where we would be now.

Hi Toltec, old friend ❤️. I noticed that synchronicity while on Facebook yesterday. Zane Kesey (Ken Keseys son) made a happy birthday post with the LSD molecule as the picture and on a seperate Facebook post I saw a Happy Bday post to Terence McKenna.

I think synchronicities are a fun mind game that is related in some way to us finding patterns in our every day lives.
I really start to notice synchronities when I use dissociatives for an extended period of time. MXE gave it to me strong and 3 meo pcp does as well but to a lesser degree. It tends to feel like it has some metaphysical message but I have not been able to figure out what that message is.

Another fun coincidence around LSD is that the first intentional trip - "Bicycle Day" - occurred on April 19 - 4/19. Hofmann dosed the LSD at 4:20pm that day. Four Twenty omg! haha

There's a story about how the major producers of LSD in the USA from the 70s all had Dads who had worked on the Manhattan Project. Good fuel for the conspiracy theory that LSD was a metaphysical response to the atom bomb.