• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

It Doesn’t Matter if ADHD Doesn’t Exist, My Son Still Needs Drugs

ADHD, lol. How do you diagnose it. I mean, you cant test dopamine levels so every diagnosis is a guess and the symptoms can all be related to anything else, stress, normal life, lack of discipline, personality etc.

Secondly, amps will make your feel better and perform better, ADHD or not, and its euphoric, the fact that it seems to work is no indicator of it being the right treatment. Hell take amps for any illness and you will feel better, thats what euphoria does just masks the symptoms or psychological/lifestyle/other issues and doesn't allow the real causes to be deal with properly.

Im fine with taking a substance to mask or help with symptoms caused from something else or general life or personality issues, hell thats why we take rec drugs, but calling it ADHD and saying the person has some real illness, and justifying the whole thing because people feel better since they are now high on stims everyday, is crap. Obviously im talking about the 90% misdiagnosed cases and not the few real ones.

It is however pure genius by big pharma, somehow getting away with selling euphoric stimulants for some new illness which never existed in the past. Respect to their marketing guy.

ADHD, lol. How do you diagnose it. I mean, you cant test dopamine levels so every diagnosis is a guess and the symptoms can all be related to anything else, stress, normal life, lack of discipline, personality etc.

Secondly, amps will make your feel better and perform better, ADHD or not, and its euphoric, the fact that it seems to work is no indicator of it being the right treatment. Hell take amps for any illness and you will feel better, thats what euphoria does just masks the symptoms or psychological/lifestyle/other issues and doesn't allow the real causes to be deal with properly.

Im fine with taking a substance to mask or help with symptoms caused from something else or general life or personality issues, hell thats why we take rec drugs, but calling it ADHD and saying the person has some real illness, and justifying the whole thing because people feel better since they are now high on stims everyday, is crap. Obviously im talking about the 90% misdiagnosed cases and not the few real ones.

It is however pure genius by big pharma, somehow getting away with selling euphoric stimulants for treating very subjective symptoms. Respect to their marketing guy. They now have the whole illegal drug trade covered legally and generating profits. Opiates, check, opiate recovery opiates, check, stims, check. With opiates they even sell the cause of the problem and the solution to the problem and nobody finds that a little sketchy.

Make money on their addiction, make money on their recovery, of course with recovery meds having much longer and worse withdrawals a well just to ensure extended usage and maximum profits. Genius. Makes you wonder how profitable treating cancer is and why its so hard to find a cure.

I think that the education system has a huge role in this, and the SAD (Standard American Diet) which pumps kids full of sugar and caffeine also plays a role.
It might be that the need for stims would be reduced greatly if children ate a better diet and educators allowed children to be children, instead of demanding that they turn into robots who sit still for 6 hours out of 8 while paying attention.

I would totally agree with this-I believe that the education system is geared toward the students who are best able to deal with the way the system works and that everyone else that can't match the style of output suffer as a result. Basically, if you can't fit their cookie-cutter mold, the edges you have make you stick out.

I would totally agree with this-I believe that the education system is geared toward the students who are best able to deal with the way the system works and that everyone else that can't match the style of output suffer as a result. Basically, if you can't fit their cookie-cutter mold, the edges you have make you stick out.

I definitely agree with this. But I think it is and should remain a critique of the education system, not of parents who choose to medicate their children. The amount of hate that gets heaped on parents who choose to medicate their children is often overly simplified and misdirected. Although the cause of getting the system changed is a worthwhile one and is definitely one that should be worked on, parents of children at this moment still have to work with what they have. If that means medication and it is a decision that has been carefully considered and is done with the child's best interests in mind, then the parents don't deserve any hate for it. So many people seem to assume that any parent who medicates their child did it because they didn't want to parent or because they wanted to make parenting easier and ignores the not-so-easy-target of parents who chose it because they thought it would help their child the most in the long run.