Lost It’s really not fair

poptarts69

Bluelighter
I was such a good, cool kid then I used magic mushrooms every day for a month and ended up w schizophrenia.

I want to run away forever idk what to do- no one listens to me or respects me

I’m a piece of shit

can I cure this it’s not fair I had my whole life ahead of me
Now I feel like a homeless person gone forever

I've had some friends when I was a kid, who were diagnosed. It happens but it is manageable. One got a degree in Fine Arts and went on to do animation.
He really struggled when she was delusional - many people turned away from him as his behaviour made them feel uncomfortable - was really difficult seeing this really cool person struggle but he did get help, albeit stopped taking anything but prescription att - it took time but he really turned things around.

Maybe you could post more about your experience?
When did you get diagnosed?
Are you currently, homeless.

every day for a month is quite the shroom bender, my friend. Do you mind if I ask how much you were taking daily?

Also, how long ago was this?

I’m a piece of shit
As far as I'm concerned, taking mushrooms, or any drug everyday for a month doesn't make you a POS. Negative self-talk is extremely limiting as well, and for most, turning negative self-talk into positive self-talk is big part of recovery. By telling yourself you are worthless, you eventually start to believe it to some degree at least, and it starts to feed into itself.

What you did may not have been exactly "smart", but you are at the very least intelligent enough to recognize your mistake.

You won't be like this forever, your body can change and heal. The current state you are in is probably more of an adaptation/reaction to the daily dose of psilocybin rather than permanent damage. In your body's attempt to stay "level", the brain and body has made some adjustments. For me, the hardest part of recovery is being patient and trusting in the process on days when I don't feel good, or maybe even feel worse than usual. It's easy to lose focus on the bigger picture when the moment is intensely distracting or discomforting.

I've seen my best friend and myself come out of psychosis and probably undiagnosed schizophrenia. On the positive side, if it was drug induced, then you have a much higher probability of symptoms resolving completely than if it were genetic onset.

every day for a month is quite the shroom bender, my friend. Do you mind if I ask how much you were taking daily?

Also, how long ago was this?

As far as I'm concerned, taking mushrooms, or any drug everyday for a month doesn't make you a POS. Negative self-talk is extremely limiting as well, and for most, turning negative self-talk into positive self-talk is big part of recovery. By telling yourself you are worthless, you eventually start to believe it to some degree at least, and it starts to feed into itself.

What you did may not have been exactly "smart", but you are at the very least intelligent enough to recognize your mistake.

You won't be like this forever, your body can change and heal. The current state you are in is probably more of an adaptation/reaction to the daily dose of psilocybin rather than permanent damage. In your body's attempt to stay "level", the brain and body has made some adjustments. For me, the hardest part of recovery is being patient and trusting in the process on days when I don't feel good, or maybe even feel worse than usual. It's easy to lose focus on the bigger picture when the moment is intensely distracting or discomforting.

I've seen my best friend and myself come out of psychosis and probably undiagnosed schizophrenia. On the positive side, if it was drug induced, then you have a much higher probability of symptoms resolving completely than if it were genetic onset.

This was August of 2015. I bought an ounce and finished it all. I’m still all fucked up, which is why I’ve given up hope of ever being cured or normal. It’s so sad, and probably one of the worst feelings in the world. It feels like a death sentence and I feel like I should be hitting “yes” when jobs ask you if you have a disability. I don’t think there’s any hope for me. Everyone says I’ve gotten better since I went thru drug induced psychosis, but that’s probably just me growing, maturing, and evolving with age.
I’d love to hear more about how you guys got away from undiagnosed schizophrenia. I do have a little glimmer of a whisper telling me I won’t be like this forever, but it’s soo hard to believe. I don’t really see any progress in my mind. That post you wrote does give me some hope, though. That helped a lot. Lol

what I fear the most is that my drug induced psychosis landed into permanent schizophrenia, and it gets me so down. I’m still actively looking every day for alternatives to treatment, to possibly regrow these brain cells I fried. I take medication sometimes but there has to be a better way. I’m convinced. There has to. But I’ve perused every forum and every website and can’t find anything except for little mushroomelixers like lions mane. I honestly feel like I need stem cell treatment in my brain to maybe get back what I’ve lost, but it’s like 13,000$.

This was August of 2015. I bought an ounce and finished it all. I’m still all fucked up, which is why I’ve given up hope of ever being cured or normal. It’s so sad, and probably one of the worst feelings in the world. It feels like a death sentence and I feel like I should be hitting “yes” when jobs ask you if you have a disability. I don’t think there’s any hope for me. Everyone says I’ve gotten better since I went thru drug induced psychosis, but that’s probably just me growing, maturing, and evolving with age.
I’d love to hear more about how you guys got away from undiagnosed schizophrenia. I do have a little glimmer of a whisper telling me I won’t be like this forever, but it’s soo hard to believe. I don’t really see any progress in my mind. That post you wrote does give me some hope, though. That helped a lot. Lol

what I fear the most is that my drug induced psychosis landed into permanent schizophrenia, and it gets me so down. I’m still actively looking every day for alternatives to treatment, to possibly regrow these brain cells I fried. I take medication sometimes but there has to be a better way. I’m convinced. There has to. But I’ve perused every forum and every website and can’t find anything except for little mushroomelixers like lions mane. I honestly feel like I need stem cell treatment in my brain to maybe get back what I’ve lost, but it’s like 13,000$.
Give yourself time. Trust me I felt like you more than once over 17 years of intense dosing of every psychedelic you could get your hands on - LSD, LSA, MDMA, MDA, PCP, Mushrooms of many strains, Clinical grade Psilocin, Salvia, DMT, Mescaline, 5-MEO-DiPT, 2-cb, that combined with a plethora of narcotic addictions and speedball combos. Not to mention doing 300 carts of nitrous a day on some stints. I was eating acid and candyflipping three to four times a week for months, Ive microdosed for longer. Youre going to heal just realize it wont be over night.

What strain of shroom?

Are you diagnosed or not mate?

You can't have it without a diagnosis, psychosis and schizophrenia are very different.

What drugs have you been doing since this binge?

Give yourself time. Trust me I felt like you more than once over 17 years of intense dosing of every psychedelic you could get your hands on - LSD, LSA, MDMA, MDA, PCP, Mushrooms of many strains, Clinical grade Psilocin, Salvia, DMT, Mescaline, 5-MEO-DiPT, 2-cb, that combined with a plethora of narcotic addictions and speedball combos. Not to mention doing 300 carts of nitrous a day on some stints. I was eating acid and candyflipping three to four times a week for months, Ive microdosed for longer. Youre going to heal just realize it wont be over night.

What strain of shroom?
No idea. Think goldcaps. There were so many haha

thanks man that helps, I lovehearing personal experiences about overcoming things like this. I really, truly believe deep down inside this will be cured because I trust in the universe. I don’t believe it would punish me that way.

S
Are you diagnosed or not mate?

You can't have it without a diagnosis, psychosis and schizophrenia are very different.

What drugs have you been doing since this binge?
schizoaffective. I finally asked my pdoc what my diagnosis was after months of taking anti psychotics and he said that. A combo of both mood disorder and schizo, but I’m so high functioning that it’s not just schizophrenia.
It was all drug induced though and no one in my family is like this, so like the other posters said I have hope it can go away.
It just feels like my brain is dead most of the time..

I’ve done my usual, coke, alc, sometimes weed but it’s not the same anymore, Molly

No idea. Think goldcaps. There were so many haha

thanks man that helps, I lovehearing personal experiences about overcoming things like this. I really, truly believe deep down inside this will be cured because I trust in the universe. I don’t believe it would punish me that way.
Schizophrenia runs in my family, my grandmother had it and thought people were living in her walls, and that people were following her. My cousin has it worse. Im lucky not to have it considering the inexplicable amounts of psychedelics and amphetamines ive abused, among other things.
I would say try to stop ingesting any street-derived substances, and im not a doctor, although I did study Neuropsychopharmacology in college, but those meds IMO can be a bit of a loopfuck. The body has an amazing ability and will to self-repair. The things that have given me normality are juicing cleanses, ancient healing mechanisms, vitamin and mineral therapy and other holistic/orthomecular/homeopathic remedies.

N
Schizophrenia runs in my family, my grandmother had it and thought people were living in her walls, and that people were following her. My cousin has it worse. Im lucky not to have it considering the inexplicable amounts of psychedelics and amphetamines ive abused, among other things.
I would say try to stop ingesting any street-derived substances, and im not a doctor, although I did study Neuropsychopharmacology in college, but those meds IMO can be a bit of a loopfuck. The body has an amazing ability and will to self-repair. The things that have given me normality are juicing cleanses, ancient healing mechanisms, vitamin and mineral therapy and other holistic/orthomecular/homeopathic remedies.
nice. Specifically what kind of remedies? I remember I used to fly so high when I was only eating plants and meat. I was gluten free and dairy free. I’ve bought ashwaganda and am trying natural mushrooms.
Are you talking about anti psychotics as a loopfuck? Because they totally are

N

nice. Specifically what kind of remedies? I remember I used to fly so high when I was only eating plants and meat. I was gluten free and dairy free. I’ve bought ashwaganda and am trying natural mushrooms.
Are you talking about anti psychotics as a loopfuck? Because they totally are
Yes referring to those meds as loopfucks, may be worth looking at their affect on neural pathways.

You need to cleanse the liver and colon so you can get the toxins out, rebuild. I tried about all the mainstream approaches then researched the ancient knowledge.

Ashwsganda was something I tried but for me personally wasnt effective.

Start a juice regimen, or you can blend it to get the the fiber. You will transform. When that starts you can do coffee enemas.

I had a crown chakra moment on my 5th enema and could feel sludge from my brain to my feet making its way out. Over the next 5 days I shit out the most rank, putrid matter you can imagine - gallstones, liver stones, mucus, parasites, multi-colored bile, much of it smelled like petroleum (which many products are based on), and dark impacted feces.

Chances are you may have something calling your body home that needs to check out.

Some items to look into:

Shilajit
MSM with lyposomal vitamin C
Coffee enemas
Glutathione
Juicing

Full blending of veg/fruit (beets, celery, cucumber, ginger, tumeric, dandelion root)
Best to use fresh natural sources, most pills are shit

Good vitamin/mineral, make sure it has folic acid

Fulvic and humic acid

Distilled water in certain conditions

A lot of stuff that was a miracle for me; they also discontinued many healing products since ive used them.

Last edited:

I'm guessing you are fairly young?

Using at a young age can be a double edged sword- the brain is still developing so it can interrupt some important phenomenon. The other side is that if one enters recovery at a young age, he/she has a much high chance of recovering fully, as the brain is still developing.

I've met many, including myself who have used far more than that, some in a day, and have since recovered from negative side effects. Heavy drug use will certainly fuck with your psyche, but fear of being crazy has a sort of paradoxixal effect, where worrying about being crazy can make you "crazy'/have an episode.

Personally, I'd avoid all supplements except maybe multivitamin, fish oil, and protein if needed. If you are that desperate to try those expensive treatments, I'd suggest first trying 30 min mild aerobic exercised 4-7/week. Besides that, ensure you are getting all your essential amino acids and basic nutritional needs.

On top of that, therapy can help, but self-care can go a long way. Take time to meditate and stretch. Blog or journal if it helps you keep track of your thoughts. Discover new passions, hopes, dreams, and goals. Write them down, pick some to get serious about. Spend time reading and doing activities that require conscious concentration. Wake and sleep times should stay constant 7 days a week.

My point is, one of the triggers for an episode is stress, worry, and fear. There are a lot of things you can be doing to ensure that these worries are unjustified by taking proactive care of yourself. It's a struggle, and it's not easy. Having family who somewhat understands and will help support you during this time, creating a safe space, may help a lot, as you allow yourself to readjust.

Before or when you start to worry, ask yourself- how long has it been? and what have I been doing today, this past week, month, etc, to be bettering myself? Maybe you need some time to heal and destress, and allow your body to readjust to it's "normal". And some mental illnesses qualify as a disability. If it is that serious, that could be an option.

(edit)

OP, I'm not going to sugar coat the fact that you've been mentally ill for over 4 years now. That is some seriously depressing shit.

Get help from every direction and every corner of your life. You are going to need it.

Last edited by a moderator:

What strain of shroom?
Sounds like something out of a Fear and Loathing type thing.

Now I feel like a homeless person gone forever
Are you homeless?

Meditation might be something to look into as well. I can't really point you in what to direction to go in from here though as I need to cure my own issues before I offer guidance. I like what Orbital is proposing here though.

little update:

stumbled upon this thread from my browser history.

to clarify, no I am not homeless, I have a loving family with a home I go back to regularly and live with my gf who treats me like shit 50/50, I pay my own way but that's another story.

I haven't touched meds in months and I got two promotions during coronavirus at my company, I'm on my way to making 6 figures a year and I've done it without meds so far.

I used them oct-feb pretty regularly at my job. I'm trying to make things work without them

yeah I got my diagnosis but I am so far from that, we all have issues and I'm keeping active / healthy to maintain good energy.

I'm really hoping I can continue to succeed and live the life of my dreams. hope all is well with y'all, much love.

little update:

stumbled upon this thread from my browser history.

to clarify, no I am not homeless, I have a loving family with a home I go back to regularly and live with my gf who treats me like shit 50/50, I pay my own way but that's another story.

I haven't touched meds in months and I got two promotions during coronavirus at my company, I'm on my way to making 6 figures a year and I've done it without meds so far.

I used them oct-feb pretty regularly at my job. I'm trying to make things work without them

yeah I got my diagnosis but I am so far from that, we all have issues and I'm keeping active / healthy to maintain good energy.

I'm really hoping I can continue to succeed and live the life of my dreams. hope all is well with y'all, much love.

Glad to hear you have your own money. Live your life man, listen me and everyone else -- Work hard, Play hard.

(edit)

OP, I'm not going to sugar coat the fact that you've been mentally ill for over 4 years now. That is some seriously depressing shit.

Get help from every direction and every corner of your life. You are going to need it.
Hahahah what the fuck? Who even are you to bring this shit in here? I get help where I need it, I’m no lost fucking cause.

I’m hoping you all are right and my brain can heal itself. I’m physically addicted to Zyprexa now, it has changed my appearance and my thinking, maybe for the worst, but somewhere I have hope I can be normal again. I’m trying my best. Getting a diagnosis sucked major ass.

S

schizoaffective. I finally asked my pdoc what my diagnosis was after months of taking anti psychotics and he said that. A combo of both mood disorder and schizo, but I’m so high functioning that it’s not just schizophrenia.
It was all drug induced though and no one in my family is like this, so like the other posters said I have hope it can go away.
It just feels like my brain is dead most of the time..

I’ve done my usual, coke, alc, sometimes weed but it’s not the same anymore, Molly

Mate, time is the best yet most frustrating healer.

Its generally known that drug Induced psychosis does in time gradually get better and its difficult to ascertain what underlying conditions were there when drug related illness is in the mix.

Drug use on any level does have this risk , its something that many would not think would happen to them but yeah, it does . Once its there, there is no benefit of beating yourself up over it or letting it be any more than an annoyance.

The usual long term plan of mexs, a regimented regular routine with sleep/work/exercise is not going to give you instant cure but it will make the problem so easy to handle that in time you will not be affected by it. You won't even think about i.

Good sleep and keeping your mind involved in things that interest you is important. Its not that much a big deal, to be honest mate. It might seem that way now though

Mate, time is the best yet most frustrating healer.

Its generally known that drug Induced psychosis does in time gradually get better and its difficult to ascertain what underlying conditions were there when drug related illness is in the mix.

Drug use on any level does have this risk , its something that many would not think would happen to them but yeah, it does . Once its there, there is no benefit of beating yourself up over it or letting it be any more than an annoyance.

The usual long term plan of mexs, a regimented regular routine with sleep/work/exercise is not going to give you instant cure but it will make the problem so easy to handle that in time you will not be affected by it. You won't even think about i.

Good sleep and keeping your mind involved in things that interest you is important. Its not that much a big deal, to be honest mate. It might seem that way now though
I love it. What’s mexs?
My worry is the drug induced psych brought out schizophrenia, but I don’t hallucinate or anything. I’ve lots of friends and no one including my family thinks I have anything. The doc prob said schizoaffective because I complained about racing thoughts and sometimes distorted vision.