• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Isopropylphenidate (IPH, iPPH)

Quick question: Can you IV this our is it as nasty as MPH?
You can but it isn't worth it really, "rush" only last 2mins. And then you pretty much just feel like your coming down after 30mins.
IV 25 mg first time using it. Mild rush light clean stimulation. Made me want more instantly did another 35mg same thing slightly more rush very mild, more stimulation mind you this is 20mins after the first dose. Again compulsive redose urges. 20 mins later intranasal 45mgs. 20mns after that slight euphoria kicks in and lasts 1hr stimulation was strong but not uncomfortable, though it was too much to accomplish any work. 2hrs later IV 40mg slight rush again but not worth it really, because again I felt a compulsion to do it again. But I refrained with little to no struggle. Overall effects lasted an additional 4hrs.
Like everyone has said it has high value as a functional stim. But little to no recreational worth, though it might pair nicely with other drugs like ketamine or opiates.

I find the binding affinity data for 4F-MPH to be... misleading. I would be surprised if you preferred it to Rita if using it for recreation. Unless you have a GABAergic sedative on hand, pushing dosages past ~20mg is quite uncomfortable (in my experience). Positive effects seem to stop increasing past that point and it turns into body load, nausea, and dysphoria. Mostly body load, though.

That being said: 4-12mg of it makes for a GREAT functional stim; take it before work, good to go until end of shift.
For 2-4 hours you get a surprisingly pleasant psychological uplift; this is followed by a one hour mini-crash, which in turn is proceeded by 4-8 hours of physical stimulation. The psychological effects begin to diminish by the 4 hour mark, though; redosing at this point seems to just build up the physiological stimulation without re-upping any euphoria.

Very useful, though; I'll take some before heading out to a concert (pre-COVID) and have energy to dance the night away, or, when I worked labour, before a long day of hauling furniture if I wanted the day to fly by and not brutalize me.

If trying to use recreationally, it pairs well with alcohol. From what I've read, conversion to 4F-EPH is present but not clinically significant. The body load/dysphoria are barely noticeable if you coadminister something relaxing, leaving you able to feel only the positive effects of 4F-MPH.

By itself, though, make sure to titrate dosage upwards and dose volumetrically; a few milligrams too much turns 6-10 hours of feeling good/getting shit done into 6-10 hours of I Have Made A Mistake Ughhh

Ps- I love that Ritalin is named after the Italian creator's wife; she couldn't play tennis due to some sort of chronic ailment, but Ritalin helped her function normally. Her name was Rita.

Definitely agree here, as a former MPH connoisseur of sorts i found 4F-MPH disappointingly non-recreational in comparison. Pretty therapeutic however. In some ways its probably more clinically effective. But only perhaps 1/4 as recreational.

However i will say the binding data is right and in fact its precisely because of its higher blockade of the dopamine transporter that makes it less recreational. Excessive dopaminergic activity relative to norepinephrine reduces abuse potential. The highly specific DRI's are no fun.

In my experience 4F-MPH is to MPH as 2-FMA is to Methamphetamine, greatly reduced abuse potential and in some regards, increased functional potential.