• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

iso or bho from indian bush weed?

thelespauls

Bluelighter
Which would be a better method? Im thinking bho cuz im going for quality rather than quantity, but iso seems much cheaper esp when you salt out the water of 93% making nearly pure iso alcohol. I mentioned in a previous post that these buds are from india where I am currently located. They make charas from a different variety up north but grow fatter budded indicas in the south for smoking as "ganja" I already tried dry sifting with 100 micron silk screen but the kief still tastes bad and doesnt seem oily at all. When I press it it justs crumbles and when I burn it, it wont hold a flame like the charas will. The method of drying and curing for commercial growers here emphasizes quantity rather than quality. I have some seeds from some local ganja that are germinating and im curious to see how they turn out properly cured and sensimilla.

Thanks for the help

Either will work, Iso is just way simpler in terms of needed equipment and timing. It is also cheaper, where I live in the US 1 bottle of 99% ISO is $1.50 at the grocery store. The downside is that it doesn't taste very good and if it is "bush" weed as you put it, it will likely come out a black goop. Don't let that fool you though, it is some potent concentrate and it can be really good for edibles! You can do like 3 washes before it gets to be a waste so nothing gets lost. Back when I was making a ton and selling lots, I could get like 7g of oil from 1/4lb of dirt shake (awesome deal financially).

BHO is more complicated to do right, you need to be more involved physically and have the correct components to avoid failure, like having a good tube (NO PVC). I have a glass tube made for blasting and it fits like 2oz of shake or 1oz of dense buds. After that you need to make sure everything is airtight so nothing leaks or gets wasted. Furthermore, purging is a pain in the ass to do properly without a vac purge. Even heat purging on a skillet with water will not completely rid the extract of butane. Due to the quality of the buds you have, I would say it is not worth it to go this route, it will be a dark goop as well but it will hurt like hell to dab and it would taste weird. I would reserve this more for if you get some very nice nugs, run those and you will get MASSIVE (1oz of buds = 6-10g of BHO) yields with great taste and smell!

In your case, I would recommend ISO, since it is bush weed. With that route, you can do more than one wash and assure you extract all of the goodies! Putting your pan on a skillet filled with water to purge works perfectly and the ISO completely dissipates within 1-2hrs on even big runs with 1/4lb - 1/2lb of shake.

I always make bho but I have an extracter which will run you 10 15 bucks for a small one. Also butane costs a few bucks extra. So if price isn't an option then make iso. But if you want quality make bho.