• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is waiting 48 hours off Suboxone enough to take Oxy and feel full effects?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
My Uncle isn't a regular Suboxone user, he just took a few 8-2 subs these passed 3 days, maybe 4 pills throughout that period.. However, Thursday is his last day off and he'd like to enjoy 6 Oxy IR 30's (last sub taken on Monday evening). He planned on taking the Oxy on Thursday morning, a little over 48 hours since last sub dose.. Will he be able to feel the full effects of the Oxy by then? Thatnks

i Wouldn’t waste those sweet IR’s like that, stupid subs have such a damn long stickiness at those higher doses...is he dependent on opioids, like will waiting 7 days before taking them make him sick as fuck? Cause if that’s the case I totally get it, you probably won’t feel the full effects at 48 hours, I would wait 5 to 7 days.

I would normally say 48 hrs is enough time, but like RaizdbyWolvz said, you have consumed a lot of mg (of sub) in very short period of time; try to wait 4 days. either way, waiting 48 hrs and poppin them will still get you good just will not be as euphoric.

Do you mean by naloxone blocking action of oxycodone?
That won't happen orally and with naloxone's short duration of action.

With tolerance?
I'd do it. Likely no difference. If you really care, wait a wk, wk and a half, or two wks.

Also, in case "your uncle" is referring to yourself, "SWIM" and related terms are not allowed on bluelight. You can just use "I."

--brominated

I used my uncle, because I am referring to my uncle.. If I were referring to myself I would have even said so... No big deal. But anyways, he's apparently not addicted to anything, won't go thru any type of WD or anything at all.. He does have a large tolerance to opes tho. As for the subs, before this most recent mentioned instance, he hasn't taken them in a very long time

He just took maybe 4 subs over the course of 3 days or so with the last one being this passed Monday evening, after not touching them for a long while..

Something else I don't understand... I ways here about people being revived with Narcan and then as soon as the medics leave they go right back to getting high and ODing again.. How is that possible with Naloxones blocking effects?

So the naloxone in suboxone passes through your entire system when suboxone is taken as directed. To answer your last question naloxone has a short half life so by the time anyone who’s OD’d has been discharged from hospital they would be good to go for their next fix.

I would tell your uncle to wait an extra day or 2, push them Oxys to Saturday to feel em full on effect. Believe I used to ask this same question here!