• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Is Vasoconstriction Dose Dependent and/ or Additive?

PIAO!!PIAO!!

Bluelighter
As tolerance with lysergamides like LSD increases exponentially it’s tempting to keep exponentially increasing dose rather than wait a month before tripping again.

I’ve read here of people rapidly going from 1 x 100 ug tab to 10 x 100 ug tab doses in a few days and getting negligible psychedelic effects.

But what about the physiological effects? Especially vasoconstriction. Does it increase significantly by dosage even as the actually’tripping’ becomes negligible?

The only data I could find shows that very high levels of LSD are needed to cause severe vasoconstriction, approximately 100 microMol, directly applied to the bovine veins. Of note, it only caused ~15% the vasoconstriction as the same concentration of norepinephrine.

To achieve a 100 microMol concentration in human plasma, you would need a dose of 1.6 grams, patently ridiculous.

It seems that other ergotamine alkaloids may be implicated.

I can't find any data regarding other lysergic compounds.

I did however find a few citations that indicate vasoconstriction may become severe with increasing doses and susceptibility of the individual as well as potentiation by nicotine.

Of course there are substances being sold as LSD that can cause severe vasoconstriction.

Last edited by a moderator:
the receptors become consumed and need time to regenerate,
high doses consume more receptors, and even higher doses get everything that is left.
at that point you need 2 months to regenerate completely. but this is not the case if you take a very small amount every 3 days (like 1/4 tab)
for a full tab 7 or 8 days would be just about as good - receptor wise.